ITT: Shows that should have ended after their first season

ITT: Shows that should have ended after their first season

>but dude the world is a prison lmao
Has there ever been a creator who had a shittier excuse to hide the fact they're just milking a cash cow of a show?

Even the first season of that show was padded out

In a way, it did

>First book adaptation of a multi-book series

Why stop?

to prevent it from becoming fanfiction

most

Name a single television show that has artistically survived going beyond like, the third season.

The idea of pumping out some formulaic crap for 10+ seasons is destroying television

The Simpsons

simpsons
curb
the wire
nevermind the buzzcocks
beavis and butthead

>Oh so it'll be like a season-long Escape from Alcatraz except he's cased the joint before? Cool.
>turns out his tattoo has stupid shit in it like the location of a certain screw that can only be found on one bench that just happens to be owned by a non-shanked paedo

The inclusion of the tattoo was just stupid for so many reasons. At least that new tattoo show with a chick has a mystery with the tattoo.

Justified.

If anything it was the first season that was weak.

>artistically survived
>simpsons
>nevermind the buzzcocks

what fucking alternate reality do you live in and how can I get there? both shows started being shit after too long on the air and cast changes

> Panel Shows.
> Artistic.

Nevermind The Buzzcocks started being shit long after the tenth series, though. It made up for it by being absolute rotting shit in the last couple of series.

South Park

ROME
O
M
E

why do you over such low hanging bait.
> the sopranos
> the wire
...in that order

Person of Interest
Mad Men
Breaking Bad

You mean after the first half of the first season.

>different gun in each hand
>different number of rounds in the chambers
Triggering my autism.

>Shows that should've ended after their first episode

>breaking bad didn't shit itself by extending the story out over 6 fucking seasons when it should have ended in 2

>matching your gun with the security guard's when pulling a bank-job

That's a serious social faux-pas, senpai. I've literally walked out of one when I realised we were strapping the same piece.

tv shows are simply an inferior form of a visual medium (compared to film) mainly run by producers instead of directors so there's little to no room for artistic integrity

you're retarded

nevermind the buzzcocks was only good when it was lamarr and bailey

no one in their right mind has ever said that sean hughes was funny

So the show only started being good AFTER it's tenth season?

S11 to S17

5 seasons is the best cut off point for most shows

Season 5 was kino

When you rob a bank you take the guard's gun, dummy.

Dexter season 4 was kino and 5 might be okay by someone else's standards

>Person of Interest
My first thought too.

Fucking this. Season 2 was such a massive letdown. Instead of keeping with the spirit of season 1 it felt like a chinese copy.

There is a new Prison Break season, but no one on the internet seems to discuss it, is it that mediocre?

Stargate SG-1

Last Week Tonight. It really wasn't that bad in the first season.

It's less shit than S3 and 4, but it's really nothing to write home about.

It's always Sunny in Philadelphia

Though there's a drop off after season 9

Simpsons (8-9 seasons)
Breaking Bad (season 4)

I liked season 1 so much that I didn't watch the rest because I heard it was bad and I didn't want to ruin it.

yeah but simpsons' best episodes start appearing in the fourth season

That might have been true 20 years ago but there's been a switch since and now you got producers running the movie industry (and giving us movie franchises and endless capeshit) while on television you have showrunners who can embrace their artistic vision.

This. Also procedural model is becoming less and less popular

volume 2 might've went somewhere interesting but was ruined due to writer's strike
volume 3 was cool
everything after was pretty shit

supernatural

because it died after season 5 or 6

It was hardly kino, it was dumb entertainment. It was more eventful than the 3rd season, but the writing got weaker. Dexter went to shit after season 2.

i thought battlestar galactica remake was good, 4 seasons. the writer strike had some negative effects on the last two seasons if i am remembering right but i had no issues with how it turned out as a whole

Sitcoms usually hit their stride around season 3, and often manage to stay good for as long as 5-7 seasons but then it all starts falling apart. I would say it's already incredibly rare that a sitcom is actually still as great as ever on season 7.

Dramas this is pretty much true, I'm sure there are exceptions but they're extraordinarily rare, generally speaking dramas are at their very best the first season, it is where the most work is put into making a polished, well written and engaging story and world.

Doesn't look like anything to me

cause season 1 was a true story

This so fucking hard. TWD I stopped when they hit that fucking Georgia farmhouse. Fucking shit show. Prison Break as says even the first season felt fucking padded.

The Americans
Veep
Doctor Who
30 Rock
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Dexter

Californication

Lost

Kek

Twin peaks

star trek tng became better after the first few seasons

Even obscure chinese cartoons made fun of it

Too late. It stopped being comfy as fuck by 4th season.

:,) i thought i was the only one