Another black-show bites the dust

Another black-show bites the dust.

twitter.com/johnlegend/status/869685513652813824

Underground got cancelled after only 2 seasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PWJpwc21Ft4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nobody give an fuck

Never even heard of this

Stop forcing them then

Was this the slave uprising show that was on a very small channel?

Never heard of it.

Did we really need another show about slave uprising? I feel like African Americans could have more success in focusing more on the rich culinary and jazz stories instead of another slave story.

Why don't African Americans focus on other areas of their history, like cooking and uh... jazz! and - uhh - help me out here somebody...

>Black
There's about 39% European admixture in that picture

Basketball

me either...the tragedy is that it could be a great show since its about a period in time that rarely gets explored besides "fuck white people"...imagine if they did a ton of research, made the cast about some white folk also, and explored the inner machinations of the slave trade (a lot of it was less abut racism and simple economics, for example)...boardwalk empire meets roots maybe?

It wasn't the NBA, a rap video, or Tyler Perry dressed as Momma Jigaboo, so blacks didn't watch it.

AYY, WTF

I don't even watch tv anymore because of stupid bullshit like this. Next movies if they keep putting niggers in everything

No.

Yes, an "unrated" Amazon/HBO etc. Antebellum/Civil War show would be quite good I think. Would be more interesting to see a good depiction of life back then, including the different strata of society in the nation--rich industrialists in the north and a relative handful of wealthy land owners selling massive amounts of cotton.

Hell you'd be able to have half a season alone about English involvement in feeling the South out about secession/buying that cotton.

exactly...you point out the different social classes like most whites being non-slave owning poor, you bring up foreign influence

also surprising facts about day to day life (slaves often dined on lobster since it was considered poor mans food), for drama have a strong family message since it was important to them (think how family could be broken so easily then through commerce vs how disposable blacks see their families today)

dude we should make this shit

Mali empire/Songhai empire. Ethiopian/aksum/nubian empire That one black slave who travelled through Asia to Japan and was made an honorary samurai by Oda Nodobunga.

But none of those will be made in favor of casting blacks as Egyptians because it's unfamiliar to Americans.

theyre actually making a movie about yasuke...its supposed to be written by the guy who created highlander

>That one black slave who travelled through Asia to Japan and was made an honorary samurai by Oda Nodobunga.
he didn't travel through asia nigger, he wad brought to japland as a slave and given to oda as a gift. he also wasn't treated as a samurai. he got captured and sent back to the portuguese and spent the rest of his life as a slave

Niggers really love Harriet Tubman because she was such an accomplished thief

Shhh, don't tell the truth.

>a lot of it was less abut racism and simple economics
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

>show made specifically for 13% of the us population

>its a given that only a small portion of that 13% will want to watch it anyway

>also a given that only a portion of that small portion of that 13% will even hear about it

>also a given that only a portion of that portion of that small portion of that 13% will like it enough to continue watching it

Also over saturation. Black people may say they want all these movies about their past, but they really just want like one a year. Otherwise, they just want to watch shit like marvel movies

you might like this

youtube.com/watch?v=PWJpwc21Ft4

just

>offers an alternate reading of the confederates as revolutionaries

my first thought is anger at how much influence the left has on culture...2002 may as well be 2002 years ago...no way is something like this even up for discussion today

will watch

The show was cancelled because WGN America is changing their forget and is getting rid of all original content for cheaper stuff

If you know your stuff, the only real difference between the separatists of the revolutionary war, and the separatists of the civil war, is that the former won, and the latter lost.

And I'm a Yankee. Not saying I wish the south had won, I'm glad they didn't, for the preservation of the union. USA wouldn't be the powerhouse it is if it was split up. Just saying I don't see how what they tried to do was worse than what the colonists tried to do. The winners write history.

also sense 8 maybe gets cancelled too

>i totally know what black people want to see on tv and in movies

spot on...when the left calls the confederate flag the flag of traitors, that by definition makes the stars/stripes also the flag of traitors...and i only know slightly more than the average person, but i know that these issues are more complex than 'i hate x people'...same as issues today

the video posted is very interesting

Yeah, they're going out of business

Outsiders was pretty enjoyable as a Justified/Sons of Anarchy type show and Salem was 10/10 whenever they could get Lucy Lawless on to chew the scenery into a fine powder while drinking blood and molesting children

Don't worry.

Like every cartoonishly over the top caricature, it will become mainstream ideological reality soon.

The author of that piece

Makes sense, can't really afford to go vs. the Netflix and amazons of the world.

Heck, even FX is reevaluating what they do.