Tabletop

Is miniature wargaming popular in your country?

In Germany it is quite popular. However, there are not that many stores to play at.

Most played tabletop games are
Warhammer 40k
Warhammer AoS
Warmachine/Hordes
X-Wing

I have seen them around in some rpg stores. In some alternate timeline I maybe would have toyed around the genre.

I have Battletech, but no one here plays it. or at least i'm too lazy to find a group.

this to both sentences

wish i was a more indulging nerd desu

Looks like a really expensive hobby.

I played this a lot as a teenager but desu it was considered nerdy and people made fun of us because of it. We didn't give a heck though, there were maybe 20 players in my city that got together and arranged tournaments etc. but we also played in tournaments in other cities.

It had boom in 90-00's but had dropped fanbase since Sigmar.

fucking sigmarines

>In some alternate timeline
why not in this one

it is.

No it isn't because people here are obsessed with normie online games

Kinda, I played warhammer 40k in highschool but it was too expensive and I got bored (it didn't help that 14 year old me chose to make an army of space curries), there's at least one store in my city that's all about tabletop

>space curries
now what are those?
nice.... 111111

There's neither time nor money as I'm a dad now and I used to waste my time in pen-and-paper roleplaying, gaming and such when I was younger.

No

It's probably the most niche hobby in here

I myself have a 6000~ point Tau army including a KX139

I'd love to build a Manta someday but its buttexpensive and the parts don't fit that well

Typo, it's supposed to say furries

Why are you wasting time on this website if you're a dad

anything nerdier than call of duty and fifa on the playstation is seen as for faggots here

Yes.

Most popular are 40k, warmahordes, t9a and xwing

We invented Warhammer so yeah there are plenty of nerds here.

I need to escape sometimes

Ralf?

how do I build discipline dad

I don't know. Just leave old hobbies behind for a long period of time

Looks cool,but my bro only keep military figures like Tamiya...It's expensive

I would have gotten into it, but I was too cool in highschool.
Also, the last time I went into a games workshop store it smelled like sweat and fat people. All the nerds looked at me weird for not having a braided beard or long greasy hair.
So I stuck with total war warhammer

>it smelled like sweat and fat people

I visited a rpg store in a different city years ago. It was populated by nerds and it smelled like obvious fart. I compared this to my nerd friends in the other city and thought I had better luck.

iktf

I can bet on no one does

I bought two Warhammer Fantasy armies when tabletop gaming came to Ljubljana in 2000 but I never followed this up by playing them. So now I'm saving up money to buy a machine to play TW:Warhammer with because the figurines, paintjobs and fluff really left a deep impression on me as a kid.

haha nigga just download civilization 6 hahah

>I played warhammer 40k in highschool but it was too expensive

Nice digits. To be fair Warhammer is expensive because the figures are made in the UK and not some Chinese sweatshop.

Tabletop RPGs and board games are relatively popular, but miniature wargaming isn't. I guess they are too expensive.

Thanks for your two cents I guess

Yeah there's Games Workshops in most medium to large towns, there's clubs everywhere for it too.

I like Warhammer, I used to play it but stopped because Im couldn't afford it any more. I can afford it now though so might get back into it. Haven't played since 5th edition, it's probably changed a lot now.

you dont go to the GW stores
they are always like that

go to your friend's basement and have a couple of Warsteiner beers

TW: Warhammer is a pretty good game actually

And it stays true to the models, too

Is it worth £37

Yes buy it and support British developers like the Creative Assembly.

with all dlc? yeah its fun

I meant 2