Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition Trailer

Director's Cut trailer is here:
youtube.com/watch?v=8AO19XY2rqc

Other urls found in this thread:

thewrap.com/hollywood-slugger-warner-bros-strikes-out-at-2015-box-office/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>if god is all powerful, he can not be all good
does Lex understand what this even means? because Superman is clearly not all powerful

The argument doesn't work because Superman doesn't have control over every single little thing that causes harm.

I'm hype for Clark Kent in Gotham. Still pissed they cut that out of the movie!

>Theatrical release: March 20
>DVD release: June 28

Kek do people still believe this wasn't a massive fuckup?

I don't see a problem

I think it was a general point that any powerful being cannot be good. Yes the logic doesn't' work but the point is more to demonstrate Lex's opinion on powerful beings rather than making a philosophical argument.

is it me or this does not feel like a Snyder Trailer?

Studios rush DVD releases to recoup as much as possible after box office under performance.

This trailer looks amazing, but I've learnt the lesson. I will not overhype it.

Something similar to this trailer should have been the 3rd trailer for the theatrical release tho, because that one was shit.

>$900 million

How much did they actually waste on marketing if their 800 million is considered underperforming?

Makes sense

The snyder movie flopped hard

Wait... Jena Malone is Cat Grant?!

That's not a rush at all.
Nowadays the home media versions of movies are released around 3 months after the theatrical release.

Hell, Deadpool, for example, had a theatrical release at the beginning of February and the home media digital release in mid-April.

Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to actually getting to know Clark Kent, the reporter.

Jena Malone as Felicity

Huh.

So much about her being Babs.

Is that Felicity?

>BvS Theatre - Home: 100 days
>Deadpool Theatre - Home: 87 days
Sure buddy.

Here's Batman at LexCorp.

Are you really delusional enough to think BvS didn't under perform?

It's fucking Batman vs. Superman and it didn't come anywhere close to the previous two Batman movies or either of the Avengers movies.

Sure, they wanted a billion, but that doesn't mean the movie didn't make profit

Who said it didn't make a profit?

It doesn't, and that's a good thing.

I enjoyed this trailer more than the movie.

But in the end, that's all that really matters to big name companies.

>872 million

egh, I still think this will pull a Kingdom of Heaven.

It underperformed, it didn't "flop".

It was freaking Batman vs Superman. They would have had to try a LOT harder to make it suck enough to actually fail to make a profit.

It was guaranteed money. They fucked it up just enough to make -less- guaranteed money than they would/should/could have.

Funny, cuz the non-Snyder trailer spoiled Doomsday and was received the worst.

I meant will not.

>872 million
>studio only gets half
>doesn't account for advertising

Well no big name companies do care about making larger profits versus smaller profits

The masterpiece gets masterpiecer. Cannot wait.

meanwhile the avengers got 1.5 billion dollars

They did make profit, but they underperform. It's subjetive. If I go to an ATP and lose on second round, I'd be very proud of myself. If Djokovic gets out on second round it's a fiasco.

BvS was supposed to be the fucking McEnroe of capefilms.

Wait but didn't she dye her hair for the role?

>BvS
>masterpiece

It has like four good scenes, and all of those are just because of Batman.

Superman literally decides to ignore people in trouble when he could hear them.

What....people dont have any fucking patience anymore?.

Cant studios show balls and stop cathering to idiots and retards?

Only one part in the movie where he makes an effort to save people that aren't his own loved ones, and the way it's presented makes it seem like a depressing burden on him.

Best scene is when Bruce's parents get rekt. I had never seen that scene! Thank god they included it, so I could understand better Batman's motivation.

It's certainly not a bomb but that's underperfoming because WB were expecting to land the biggest movie of the decade with this. They probably wanted at least $1.5 billion, if not 2.

>Superman can hear Lois in danger in Africa and be there in an instant
>He can't do anything for the human slaves right there in Gotham
>Still bitches about Batman helping them because he wasn't nice toward the criminal

it would have if it wasn't for hack snyder

I don't see what's wrong with home releases coming earlier.

Certainly don't see how it's 'catering to idiots and retards'.

Fox thought Deadpool was going to be a total flop though, they rushed the fuck out of the home video release.

Yea I'm sure the suits at WB aren't asking why Avengers made $1.5 billion from a $220 million investment with strong critic support when theirs made $870 million off of a $250 million investment and was a MASSIVE critical flop and a laughing stock.

I think part of the reason BvS has underperformed isn't just the dissapointing profits, but also there is very little hype and appetite for any forthcoming DC movies. If Batman with Superman and Wonder Woman underperforms what chance as a fucking Cyborg movie got?

Transformers released their blurays like two months or less after it's release date and that one made a lot at the box office. Usually studios release them in the next season which in this case, summer so it's not surprising.

It sort of depends on how you look at it.

They had already payed for Suicide Squad and Wonder-Woman counting on the profits of BvS, so while it may not have lost money by its own, it might have put a lot of money invested elsewhere at risk.

Extra content for a great movie. I like it.

Something to keep in mind is that WB had a horrible 2015. The had flop after flop with only 2 movies making over $100m domestically. They have nothing in the line up for 2016 outside of Suicide Squad.

BvS was supposed to be their big break, not only for the film itself but for all of WB. You have two of the most well known comic book characters of all time in the same film during the height if the comic book genre and they couldn't even break a billion. Not only that, but the reception was poor and a majority of the film's gross came from the opening weekend as the film took a nose dive in its following weeks that never stabilized.

That is incredibly worrying when you're a film studio trying to build a new film franchise to make up for the loss of two juggernaut franchises (Harry Potter and LOTR).

To an outside observer, BvS looked like it did FINE on its own. But when you look at the wider picture, the film failed to be the success that WB was banking on.

Here's an article that details all of WB's 2015 misfires.

thewrap.com/hollywood-slugger-warner-bros-strikes-out-at-2015-box-office/

Yeah, but they care about long-term profits.

The film doing like this when it's coming off two very popular IPs and a huge marketing campaign worries them, because this was going to be their flagship franchise for the next 10 years, perhaps further.

They've been looking for a new big franchise ever since the Harry Potter series ended, and keep hoping that DC will be it.

Which it could be, if they stopped mismanaging the properties.

is fox run by literal retards?

>They have nothing in the line up for 2016 outside of Suicide Squad.
Don't they have that Harry Potter spinoff coming out?

My gf (who has very little comics knowledge) said something along the lines of, I can't believe we are seeing Batman's parents get shot AGAIN! lol

why are domestic sales so important?

Remove the Justice League cameos, some of the useless Luthor scenes (like the one inside his bedroom and the snot scene at the end) and maybe, just maybe, we'll have a 6/10 movie

Costs less for distribution. That's it, really.

With China, which is a growing market (though not yet as essential as many people think) there's also the fact that they see very little money at all from the distributors.

And thank god they also showed it a second time in flashback! I had almost forgotten about it halfway through the movie!

I cannot wait for Cereal Lord to assume control
>like a month into shooting JL and we haven't gotten a single set pic
WB are mad af

You actually could have cut out Lex Luthor entirely and Batman and Superman still would have fought. Bruce was mad about Metropolis and Clark was mad about his methods. Build a little bit on that and bam, you've eliminated an hour or more of the movie.

And Lex knows this?

Exactly. How much more exciting will Justice League Part 1 be when we already had Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman teaming up to fight a big monster? Will adding Flash and Cyborg really help that much?

Yes.

That was when I realized the movie was gonna suck. The whole movie was like a storyboard: Snyder had some really great panels that he wanted to show us. Martha's pearls falling in slowmotion, Wayne's fallen logo right next to the angry Bruce watching Superman, the people on the roof seeing Jesus-Supes in the sky, Batman standing over his batmovil facing Superman...

Don't get me wrong, Snyder is a genius of the visuals. Really talented. But he had the visuals, like a storyboard, and the rest of the movie that lead from one panel to another was just pointless stupid shit. That's why the movie had great scenes (really really great scenes) but as a whole was stupid.

Fuck Snyder.

Clark has no right to be mad about his methods anyway. What is he, a cop? No, they're both outside the law.

> set pic

They're both hypocrites.

That's actually what pissed me off the most about the entire movie. I could've looked past the Doomsday shenanigans if we got a proper ideological battle through and through between Batman and Superman, where both fought hard for what they believed in. Instead Superman goes the entire fight just trying to save his mom. It feels like the entire buildup with those letters Luthor sent to Superman, and the "do you bleed" scene was just completely abandoned.

I was going to say that Lex was important in getting them to fight, but then I realized that both characters were so violent and angry that they probably would have fought without him.

Finally, Jimmy "CIA" Olsen in all his glory.

It's an iconic part of the character. People would probably complain either way. Plus the scene was really good.

Too bad they didn't show Krypton blowing up again.

civil war

>Zootopia
>Release: March 4
>DVD: June 7

You're an idiot.

It was good, but in a too-long-hours movie that had a terrible pace, ten minutes of slowmotion flashback just to show a great visual scene and to state that Bruce's mom was named "Martha" is pointless. Great scene, but pointless.

>Emphases everything the retards who hate the movie complained about but the patricians understood intuitively

I guess when directing blockbusters, you really should direct to the common denominator, though, so that definitely was Snyder's mistake. At least now you fuckers will have no excuse as to why Batman is killing, why Clark is so mopey, etc.

Do not go gentle into that good night, user.

He isnt talking about Superman you fucking retard.

It doesnt, but is a trailer for the extended stuff, it doesnt need to be like the original

No Harry Potter in the title and it's a spin off. They have to market that hard.

It's where they get the most return from film showings. International numbers may be big, but they most likely will only get a small percentage of that gross. Maybe around 20%. It's why domestic is so important.

It's also important that the film not only makes a good chunk in its opening week, but that it also has some legs so that they can at least make some decent amount the longer the film remains in theaters. Not for the obvious reason you would believe though.

Theater chains and film studios take a percentage of the film's gross. In its first week, it's weighed in favor of the studio. As the weeks go by, the studio takes less, and the theaters running the film takes more. When you have a dud with no legs, the theater chains will drop your film like a rock as it's poison to them. They're not making any money on the film on its 3rd week? Why keep it? Especially when the run time is nearly 3 hours. That's less showings for not only the film in question, but also competing films that are actually making money.

They got at least 100 million on Product placement. MoS also did a ton of money on product placement. As for other products the stronger point was the clothes for adults, t-shirts and shit.

Now that's something i really wante to see. Batman rushing into guns is always a good thing

3D money. PG in most vs PG14 or equivalent in most markets.

I remember Jurassic Park 1 taking literally nearly a year to come to video

That was more than 20 years and two whole formats ago

Yup, that looks like Batman v. Superman, all right.

"Superman is a Jesus figure" is half the reason the movie was a shitshow, alongside the fact that they crammed a fucking final boss fight into the mix on top of just absolute shit editing.
Snyder has no concept of undertones. yes superman is a messianic figure, but then all superheroes are messianic figures. yes batman and superman have moms with the same first name, but wouldn't it have been enough for a simple "He has my mom" from superman to get batman in a parent-saving frenzy?
Zack Snyder is really strong when it comes to using archetypal imagery to get a point across, but without someone to reign him in he turns into the art equivalent of a caveman.

Are you telling me that having an angel in a stained glass window in the Wayne mausoleum have blue robes and a red cape might have been a little bit too much symbolism?

I wonder how smart Zack thought he was when he came up with the Martha "plot twist".

The rule of thumb is that marketing is 30-50 percent of the production budget.

I think Terrio did actually.

The non Snyder trailers still were from a Snyder movie.

Yeah I remember the santa clause 3 took a year to get released. It seems like popular movies get released in the next season or before while the less popular get released whenever they think is more beneficial.

Didn't people go ape for this making shitty edits like "if you think sw broke records, wait for march"? Thus the massive butthurt and praying circles.

That image gives BvS so much credit that it deserves none of.