This is the best film the Ghibli studio has ever produced, and Hayao Miyazaki had nothing to do with it

This is the best film the Ghibli studio has ever produced, and Hayao Miyazaki had nothing to do with it.

How does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BfxlgHBaxEU
youtu.be/W2AyNVK5_vE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good. I completely agree. And Miyazaki is a fucking hack who thinks too highly of himself.

But thats not Nausicaa, Arietty or Whispers of the Heart. Your post is just confusing.

that you are just biased toward Miyazaki and are trying to prove you have a point

I am not biased against Miyazaki, I love Porco and Nausicca and a bunch of other movies he's done.

I just find it funny that everyone praises him alone for Ghibli work, yet when he is excluded they make a movie that was better than anything under his direction.

The music was superb

I liked when he wanted to leave his shitty fat wife and cunt children for primo alien pussy.

Castle of Cagliostro

reddit

Are any of the other Lupin movies worth watching?

every other lupin movie is like a normal episode of lupin the 3rd.

but they are all 5/10 except castle of cagliostro which I would rate 8.7/10

Thanks.

Why did he do it? ;_;

Because ironically the Japanese usually don't get Buddhism.

Better than My Neighbor Rededit

Japanese Buddhism is its own thing. To compare it to the Buddhism you have in mind is foolish.

good animation, shit story. Castle In the Sky is the best Ghibli movie.

Are you serious? All Buddhisms grouped by regions (Indian, Tibetan, Chinese, South East Asian, Korean...) are their own thing. That doesn't change the fact that while they share tons and tons of elements (even Japanese Buddhism does) the Japanese tended and tend to be particularly bad at getting it.
t. expert

Expert at being wrong more like rofl

>And Miyazaki is a fucking hack who thinks too highly of himself.

The key words in my reply were "you have in mind".

You have no idea what I have in mind though.

>best film the Ghibli studio has ever produced
That's not Nausicaa

I don't need to. The fact of the matter is you think you know what Buddhism is but it is its own thing much like the very versions of regional Buddhisms you made note of.

>plying this is better than nausicaa

the art is great but the story is bored as fuck out of my mind since i've read it and it being referenced a million times b4 in anime and manga

>This is the best film the Ghibli studio has ever produced, and Hayao Miyazaki had nothing to do with it.
>How does this make you feel?

Like it's 1988 again.

Looks nice but seems boring.

>wah it was boring

So you have no argument? Alright then.
Once again, "muh regionals" doesn't excuse the ignorance lots of Japanese media display about Buddhism, their own "Japanese Buddhism" included. It's not hard to find criticism regarding this inside or outside Japan. In fact, I'm going to point you towards an excellent one immediately: the Japan chapter of Nakamura Hajime's 'Ways of Thinking of Eastern Peoples'.

Might as well educate yourself first if you're going to talk about subjects like this.

It's true that the best Ghibli film had nothing to to with Miyazaki, but that is not it.

Miyazaki is the Lucas of anime, everyone knows this.

Shit movie. They'd have been fine if the dumb kid could have swallowed his pride and kept living with his bitchy aunt. The only thing about it that I like is how it actually shows how the firebombing of Tokyo did way more damage than either of the nukes.

Kaguya was not good. Beautifully animated but had a lot of problems with pacing and really getting the audience to connect and care for the characters.
I had a lot of the same problems with this movie which says a bit about Takahata's direction.
She was the best part of the movie

>Miyazaki is a fucking hack who thinks too highly of himself.

Miyazaki entire meme is making movies about perfect little girls, ironically he hates moe.

Meanwhile Isao makes Only Yesterday.

>top notch animation
>a storyline more complex and mature than most Ghibli films
>characters you can attach to, and realistic motivations

>I didn't like that the kid had pride
>shit movie

Well at least you have a semi-legit critique. Though I disagree about the characterization. Seems you both just can't be immersed in a slow movie.

Keit-Ai was literally better.

Miyazaki BTFO.

I love slow movies man, one of my all-time favorites is A Brighter Summer Day which is about four hours or so.
I think what I wanted was more emphasis on Kaguya's (accelerated) childhood and her relationship with Sutemaru, and less of the moping around in the capital. The emotional highs and lows seemed somewhat out of place and by the end I really felt like I was just watching to see the conclusion. I wanted to feel sympathetic for the main character and I could identify with some of her issues but it just felt difficult overall.

If you have watched several of his interviews or behind the scenes you would know he is in fact very full of himself.
youtube.com/watch?v=BfxlgHBaxEU

>hey check it out we made some AI that would work well for horror games and movies
>your creepy shit triggered me and reminded me of my disabled 90 year old disabled friend
>your work is shit

the movie was semi auto biographical, because of his pride the author let his little sister die. You are literally faulting a movie for being realistic, and you are feeling towards the kid are what you are supposed to feel. Also you can see it as a critic of Japan as an honor based society.

how do the pokemon movies keep making money, it would be like land before time 11 being released in theaters and making 50 million

Reddited Away
Princess Redditoke
Porco Reddito
Reddit: Karma in the Sky
Reddit's Moving Castle

>loser with no talents triggered that talented people are confident in themselves

>>Miyazaki is a fucking hack

It's inferior to Fireflies and Cagliostro, but on the same level as Nausicäa, Mononoke, Spirited Away, Whisper, Porco Rosso. All in all the best Ghibli in over a decade.

>that seemingly unfitting yet catchy music when those asshole gods come to take her away

Shit's haunting, yo

Too bad she doesn't sell Hot Topic clothes.

Why are normies so obsessed with My Neighbor Totoro? I swear most of them haven't actually seen it.

>talented people are confident in themselves

miyazaki is a luddite, thats not really confidence. well actulally no he is confident with himself but my point is that he does spout inane shit from time to time
didn't agree with that part was addressing the latter half

The story is a bit too simple for the running time. It's average-tier takahata. Only yesterday is superior.

easy branding and merchandising

>bodyswap fetish movie
degenerate

>guy with a passion in engineering
>luddite
he only hates cheap looking stuff

sad ending to a grand career

youtu.be/W2AyNVK5_vE
Cognitive dissonance at its best

>didn't agree with that part was addressing the latter half

how the hell tales from earthsee made that much money

>>because there is a new wave of kids that discover pokemon for the first time every year, also its a huge franchise and if you get sucked into one part you're likely to explore all parts of it. Its literally like asking how does starwars keep making money

The best Ghibli movie is Earthsea.

>guy with a passion in engineering
You are taking the term luddite to literally, its a label for someones who rationally or rationally hates technology .

And he never said he hated it for looking cheap, if that was his criticism it would be valid. But he goes on a tangent about how the creepy AI created animation reminds him of his disable friend and calls the project "an insult to life itself."
>I am trying to have a discussion with you but you seem to only be interested in posting image macros and green text so here is from me.

>I am trying to have a discussion with you

I always thought Porco is the worst. And I think Hauru is my favourite.

Your Name was gucci

It's the most kawaii and accessible Ghibli I guess.

I don't know.
Yonebayashi's work is highly praised yet I found Marnie to be quite boring.

I tend to enjoy the less Ghibli heavy movies. Or the ones that people say you HAVE to see.

Miyazaki's good, no doubt about it, but he is pretty overexposed relative to his level of talent. It seems that after Spirited Away, he achieved meme-status as >le Japanese Walt Disney to normies, who literally can't name a single other Japanese animation director besides him, yet are certain he's the greatest of them all.

And if anyone has read Alice in Wonderland, they'd recognize that most of the elements associated with his aesthetic actually came from Lewis Carroll's imagination, not his own. He merely animated the ideas that Carroll had already brought-to-life in his stories.

This.
Everyone rags on it but it's actually good.

">"le Japanese Walt Disney xD to normies

Sorry, I'm new here and didn't understand how to greentext. I hope I got it right this time.

Fuck, I messed the greentext up again and forgot to include my previous post in the reply. Fuck it, you guys know what I'm trying to say, not gonna bother again.

I'll learn how to greentext with time.

It's not just the best film Ghibli has produced but I unequivocally believe it is the finest animated film ever produced, and will probably remain so, and one of the greatest films I have ever seen, period.
Watching it in the cinema I felt not just moved by how good it was but was genuinely perturbed by how incredible it was. It unsettled my idea of what an animated film could be and what just simple drawings could accomplish, and I say that as an artist and someone to whom these films have been very important throughout my life and it still blew everything away.

It was alright

I wish Shinkai would try to make a movie that isn't a an adolescent love story for once though

>And if anyone has read Alice in Wonderland, they'd recognize that most of the elements associated with his aesthetic actually came from Lewis Carroll's imagination, not his own. He merely animated the ideas that Carroll had already brought-to-life in his stories.
taking things from authors is one of the most common things in all of film and not at all a reason to doubt Miyazaki's ability because it's from another medium
I'm by no means a die-hard Miyazaki fan but that is simply not a legitimate criticism. People don't "associate" things only with him personally, he has a design team and things go through committee like everyone else