Wander over Yonder thread

Hater makes it Better edition

OBLIGITORY PETITION: change.org/p/walt-disney-encourage-disney-to-make-wander-over-yonder-season-3
NEXT EPISODES:
The Search for Captain Tim: Lord Hater accidentally recruits an alien hunter to help find his missing pet.
The Heebie Jeebies: Wander and Sylvia search a creepy forest planet for a mystical power, but find something far more terrifying.
- Airs Monday June 6th at 8pm/7pm central on Disney XD
The Sick Day: After Wander comes down with a cold, he depends on Sylvia to take on his many duties helping others.
The Sky Guy: Wander discovers an adorable new species and accidentally exposes them to an entire new world.
- Airs Monday June 13th at 8pm/7pm central
The Robomechabotatron: Wander must convince Sylvia, Hater and Peepers to work together to control an ancient giant robot.
The Flower: Sylvia scours the destroyed galaxy to save a rare flower and cheer up Wander.
- Airs Monday June 20th at 8pm/7pm central on Disney XD
The End of the Galaxy (SERIES FINALE): With just one surviving planet left, Wander and Sylvia lead a band of rebels in a final stand against Dominator, while Lord Hater rushes to conquer the planet first.
- Airs Monday June 27th at 8pm/7pm central on Disney XD

Other urls found in this thread:

crackmccraigen.tumblr.com/post/145161803894/tonight-on-wander-over-yonder
youtube.com/watch?v=XrOtRszpvpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the ratings...
The Waste of Time - 0.41
The Hot Shot / The Night Out - 0.19

makes me kinda worried

I'm still amazed at how good they made his jaw look. Even with a rotation, the transition animation is smooth.

why, it's already cancelled.

I have such a hard time drawing his jaw correctly, how do they do it?

Well, maybe if we get more people to watch, it will get more viewers and if it gets more viewers, maybe it will get the attention of Disney.

It would take at least a million views for that though...

how are the shows ratings usually?

They're not usually great, but it's better than 0.19

The Party Poopers - 0.34
The Legend / The Bad Neighbors - 0.47
My Fair Hatey - 0.35
The Family Reunion / The Rival - 0.51
The Cartoon / The Bot - 0.39

you get the idea

I think the only other episode with lower ratings is
The Buddies / The Date - 0.14
but that was back in Season 1

it'd take a million toy sales from a demographic they've already decided the show was for, regardless of who actually likes it, watches it and would buy shit from it.

I mean if that young justice show got canned because 12 year old boys didn't like it, and it was a DC production, then WoY stands even less of a chance. As much as I love that orange muppet and his lava lamp world (seriously, space before star wars is the greatest design brief i've ever seen everything looks like a lava lamp crossed with an ELO album cover) I'm afraid we're not getting any more no matter how much we pitch a fuss. At this rate, we gotta hope the license one day reverts and we get a kickstarted follow up, because disney will let this re-air to death and we'll never see more.

I hate how a cartoon's success is largely dependent on merch sales rather than making an actual fucking cartoon

But, I still feel like if we got the show to break a million views on Disney XD, it might be helpful

Moving to XD was a mistake.

does disney advertise this show at all? how do other shows fare usually? this is so depressing.

well you should know better than to think a disney made show is created for any other purpose than to sell merchandise. Nobody buys DVDs or Blurays anymore. It's all about toys and posters and pencil cases and shit. The show is just to define the IP, and the IP is all about the license and how it can be sold in a million ways. License the show out to different regions, different languages, varying markets, tie ins, merchandise. Then in a few years you get to reboot the show and cash in on the nostalgia factor but you hire a different cast because the originals are too famous or you need to change everything slightly to make a NEW set of toys merch etc;

see also ninja turtles.

It is a sad, depressing chain, but at least we got WoY. I mean don't cry that it's over, smile because it happened.

I think we should just accept it's end is coming, and remember the good times we had. There's always Craig's next show... It won't be WOY (nothing will) and it'll be a long, long time before we even hear peep of it, but I know it'll be worth it.

Other shows:
>Star Vs.
Matchmaker / School Spirit - 0.90
Monster arm / The other exchange student - 0.83
Cheer up Star / Quest Buy - 0.57
Meberty / Pixtopia - 0.74
Interdimension Field Trip / Marco grows a beard - 0.55

Star Vs. seems to generally do better than it...

there are so many shows that were cut down in their prime that we'll never see a continuation or ending to. But at least they knew it was coming and have had a chance to tweak the end of the show hopefully as to not give us a big cliffhanger that'll never get resolved.

I would have loved to have found out what their gameplan was if they had more time and episodes to play with but I'll take what we got.

An artbook would have been great though.

and Penn Zero seems to range from 0.60s to the 0.40s

i'd say since the death of GF, star's the most popular thing disney xd's got. still fucking nuPPG does better than this, i had no idea xd was so desolate.

and Pickle and Peanut is about the same with ratings as Wander...
Fucking Pickle and Peanut and Wander generally have about the same ratings... think about that

The only difference is that Wander occasionally has better ratings every now and then

It's no wonder they've been pushing Star a lot in advertisements both on tv and online...

Also, Wander did get an advertisement for The Hot Shot / The Night Out, but they used clips from The Breakfast...

I know they're trying real hard to make Dom likeable, especially in that last episode but I'm just not really feeling it. I mean I hope sylvia is the one that breaks through to her and they become friends and dom stops wrecking the universe and all, but as a character, I just think she's really kinda charmless, I don't see the appeal.

>I know they're trying real hard to make Dom likeable

no? the entire point of that episode was to showcase how rotten she is to the core.

> the entire point of that episode was to showcase how rotten she is to the core.

Entire episode showcases how lonely she is and just wants a friend to tell jokes with, and when she finally gets one she's so used to order taking robots she misunderstands friendship thinking they 'tell you what to do' and that once she understands friendship is give and take she won't become a force for good.

Bruh did we even watch the same episode?

She just wants a friend, throws a tantrum when sylvia won't obey her and thinks syl is bossing her around, and takes no disrespect from the club owner because he's a dick. Once sylvia sits her down and talks to her it'll all blow over. Notice how touched she is when syl calls her a friend? This is WOY she'll be won over by the power of friendship, it'll just be sylvia not wander that does it.

unless they go bad end, burn all the bridges and have dominator destroy the universe as a fuck you to disney. which they won't be allowed to do.

No dude seriously

crackmccraigen.tumblr.com/post/145161803894/tonight-on-wander-over-yonder

>As cool and fun as she is we wanted an opportunity to explore another side of her so with THE NIGHT OUT we stripped her of her armor, her ship, and her bots to try and get a glimpse of the evil that lies underneath. Which Sylvia will soon find out it is still pretty bad.

Anyone here has made a Wander cosplay? I want to make the hat

but thats ad spiel. As bad an evil as dom is, she still just wants friends. And same with hater she'll get worn down and befriended and stop being evil. It's like the entire point of the show. She was just S2's big bad, if anything S3 would have introduced a truly unstoppable force of evil, like a fucking black hole tornado, and wander would try and make friends with it and hater/dom would try and fight is as their new status as villians being good.

That whole bit at the end of my fair hatey with ''i'm gonna save this galaxy so we can conquer it later' is exactly what dom would turn into just 'nobody gets to destroy these planets but me'

im really shocked nobody has made a wander muppet yet, he is perfectly designed to be one.

>craig is working on another pitch for disney

Can we all promise to give the show a chance BEFORE a waifu is introduced instead of waiting until after the show is cancelled?

what if the main character... IS a waifu?

>tfw I have the perfect hat.

Just search for those big novelty irish hats.

Now THIS is something we can all get behind.
Thanks Satan.

a show with a frankie/dominator kind of lead would be an instant hit. tumblr/whatever the latest feminist hive would be over it due to strong female protag, Sup Forums would be all over it because waifu fapbait. it's foolproof.

strong internet fanbases are indeed the future for tv shows. look at SU.

Wander is Jesus

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

IM PISSED

I remember that in every thread that mentions how lovely the animation is. I also like The Matchmaker(s) where Wander completely turns and you can see outward from behind his mouth at a point too.

It's that guy from last thread(s since there were 2 around the same time) that wanted to see her reform and missed the whole point of her song.

I just want a buddy who wants to be my buddy as much as wander does hater.

Are WOY fags even sad their show is ending? I mean it looks like everyone just kinda gave up on it, the channel, the fans, the viewers, Craig? Why did it went so unnoticed?

I haven't watched much of this show so I wanted to ask you guys.

Everyone was at the announcement, it was like a hit to the heart, even to the more "mature" people here, not the ones who seem like kids, but genuinely come here to talk about the show and that's it, no waifu baiting or anything.

Somewhat recently was when the sadness sorta converted to that "well, can't stop it, let's just get it over with" mindset, but then the rest of the series descriptions got shown and everyone got sad again, or at most worried about things to come.

So, we are, but a good few of us have accepted it.

Hater is cute!! CUTE!!!!

Why do you think the show got such low ratings? I don't know if it was past 1m viewers at some point but everyone on Sup Forums praises the art style and the animation, was the story not engaging enough for the kids or the characters not likeable or characteristic enough? I'm genuinely puzzled by the failure of this show, because it seems like the first time Mc Cracken has fucked up.

>the first time Mc Cracken has fucked up.
you shut your dirty fucking mouth
it was because it leaked
it was because it's on a premium channel

sometimes high quality products are just unsuccessful

it happens all the time

I wish people wouldn't give up, just because the end of the series is near, doesn't mean we should give up hope of it returning or getting a new season, we just need to work harder

Craig didn't fuck up, I agree, Disney did.
>moves a cartoon that was getting decent ratings to a channel nobody has resulting in shit ratings
>leaks episodes early on the Disney XD app resulting in even shittier ratings
>hardly advertises it and whenever they do, they don't advertise it properly

And even other shows overshadowing it led to its demise.
Gravity Falls overshadowed it for a while and now Star Vs. Sigh... Its like it was destined to prematurely die

It was getting 2m viewers when it was on Disney but then moving to Disney XD killed it.

WOAH....

STANDER OVER THERER

Yikes, no wonder the show was cancelled.

yea because ratings in the future determined how it got cancelled in the past
fucking retard

It's astounding how retarded people are.

especially considering you missed his point

If it wasn't cancelled then it sure as hell would've been cancelled now.

that's not the point, he said "was" and the episodes from before weren't in this condition

Is this official or fan-made?

I have no idea, looks official judging from the other posters from this season... so probably

Are they boyfriends yet?

rate her on a scale from 1-10

Not even the best

I think it was fan made and got a fuck ton of notes (tumblr reblogs / likes) for the revival petition.

youtube.com/watch?v=XrOtRszpvpc

!!!NEW PROMO!!!

>it's an /m/ episode

lewd

I'm confused as to what episode this belongs to, the rest are easy to guess

bump why is no one discussing the promo?

>they will never be canon space boyfriends
Feels bad, man.

Are they not even announcing the finale?

Though it definitely looks like with the robot they have to join forces. Robot is going to be used to fight Dominator in her suit, those things are obvious but:

1) Will Dominator be reduced to dust
2) Will Hater befriend Wander

I seriously hope the 4 of them have to fight the robot together

Tell me about it

I feel like none of these clips are from the finale, maybe one or two might be, but most of these are from the episodes are the ones leading up to the finale.
Still, pisses me off that they aren't saying these are the last episodes

oops, must of saved that wrong, here's a better quality version of that pic

1) I feel like Dominator can't be killed off, since this is a kids show, maybe she'll be wanderized

2) I fucking hope so I would prefer boyfriends, but I doubt it, but hey, friendship is the stepping stones to a relationship

>to fight the robot
Imagine they have to fight it instead of fighting in it, didn't think of that. But it looks like it's their color scheme so I'd think they'd be using the robot.

>I feel like none of these clips are from the finale
I didn't think of that either, would make sense though.
>Still, pisses me off that they aren't saying these are the last episodes
Agreed.
Speaking of which, how long is the finale? Half hour or hour?

Is this the best episode? I think so.

>maybe she'll be wanderized
Probably, it is Disney.

And them? Boyfriends? it won't happen, but I wish.

Which is best girl?

The finale will be a half hour long episode, this isn't Gravity Falls, it won't ever get the hour treatment

Obviously Wander.

What's Lord Hater sitting on?

They didn't know it was coming, but Craig did make sure to tie it up just in case.

I'd link the blog post if I knew where it was.

furry orange cock

>implying he's anything but a power bottom

>That episode where wander battles /tg/

Bump

>looking at the sock episode again somehow
HUH

>there was an user constantly pissed about how we couldn't see wander's feet in The Breakfast

>now we get some destroyed old fucked up and diseased wander showing off a foot

take that faggot

kek

Didn't we see his feet in The Secret Planet???

yea but unless this is a quick gag, sylvia should've noticed the sock pattern on her long-time friend