Why is written polish such an ugly language to look at?

Why is written polish such an ugly language to look at?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Lithuanian_Commonwealth
youtube.com/watch?v=PsO0PoKRy6s
youtube.com/watch?v=YHwbUx7SGbs
youtube.com/watch?v=vDSn1HWY8J8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Russian is even worse if you can read the Cyrillic script.

Ugly by what regard?

Too many consonant clusters dumb american can't pronounce

by looking like combination of random consonants
>wgszckzrz w pszszgbwzcz z mwgrzbsz

an example of how ugly russian is:
Ne govori: "otchego eto prezhnie dni luchshe nyneshnikh?", potomu chto ne ot mudrosti ty sprashivaesh' ob etom

In all fairness those slavic consonants can sometimes get the best of everyone learning a new language

there's no V letter in polish language nigga

I have confused you with the hungarians I apologze

>polaks
>Slavic

wtf that doesn't look like hungarian at all:
Hungarian looks more like
mujttoszág toilokka itojmmánõ antal szátállo

>russian reading comprehension
Observe how I am talking about the language and remove the dildo from your ass.

don't ever fucking reply to me again

why?

Zmeinomu narodu - zmeinyj jazyk

My gibberish hungarian is more accurate though look:

how are they not slavic? are you telling me they are germanic? They squat, drink vodka, and eat fish from their bathtubs. Sounds like a typical slav to me.

>germanic
The alternative must be baltic, baka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Lithuanian_Commonwealth

the original Lithuanians were slavs
they live in Belarus today

Nie ma już słońca nad horyzontem,
Z twoich oczu nie pozostał nawet cień.
Zamieniłaś się w złudzenie,
Które znika na zawsze z każdym dniem. x2

Ni več sonca na obzorju
Ni več niti sence tvojih oči
Spreminjaš se v predstavo,
Ki zamira in ugaša s slehernim dnem

Kiedy wrócę już nie będzie Cię,
To był pierwszy i ostatni raz.
Obok Ciebie zakochany człowiek,
Proszę, nie zapomnij mnie.

Ko se vrnem več ne bo te tu
To je bil prvi in edinikrat
Poleg tebe je zaljubljen človek
Prosim, ne pozabi me

Z mojego serca ucieka tętno,
Rozrzucone rzeczy tracą Twoją woń.
Przeobrażam się we wspomnienie,
Które znika i gaśnie z każdym dniem. x2

Utrip mojega srca ugaša,
Razmetane reči izgubljajo tvoj vonj
Preobražam se v spominjanje,
Ki zamira in ugaša s slehernim dnem

youtube.com/watch?v=PsO0PoKRy6s

r8, compare, complain about how gay this song sounds

wtf, the Cyrillic script is god tier

who the fuck listens to music like this? are you female?

can you understand anything from this Belarussian text?
youtube.com/watch?v=YHwbUx7SGbs

might be easier with the lyrics, this is what i got from converting cyryllics to latin and it's pretty understandable now

Dzes’ci tam lja rodnaj haty
Uskočyў na kanja gusar krylaty
Razvitaўsja z tatam z mamaj
Dy prygažunjaju Svjatlanaj

Gèj, gèj, gèj, Litviny
Aminajce puščy dy niziny
Graj, Graj, Graj zvanočak
Moj sinjavoki sakaločak

Vee, vee,vee, vee vecer
Raskidala nas pa belym svece
Sèrca b'ecca na Radzimu rvecca
Na momant spynicca i znoў zab'ecca

Gèj, gèj, gèj, Litviny
Aminajce puščy dy niziny
Graj, Graj, Graj zvanočak
Moj sinjavoki sakaločak

Oj darožka doўgaja da domu
Za Vjalikae Knjastva za Karonu
Peramožam voragaў spakusy
My ž Litviny, My ž Belarusy

I liked both these songs 2bh

i guess cyryllic may be better for writing the polish sounds but i wouldn't want to use it

>bullying a child
You're going to hell. Do you think that John Pawel II will allow such vile creature like you to enter heaven?

No, Belarussian is absolutely the least comprehensible Slavic language to a Slovene by far. But I do notice that the chorus of this song has the same structure as that of Hej, Sokoly.

this was hard to understand for me too until i both listened to the song and read the lyrics
i can now find most of the text very similiar to polish but extremely deformed
for example the word zvanočak(little bell) looks very similiar to polish dzwoneczek but in this song they pronounce it in a weird way

dw halfbreeds don't have souls

that would be a zvonček here. Amazing how much difference a mere sound or two can make.

I like it.
Poland as a whole seems really comfy and cute to me

Polish sounds ugly when spoken too

Very loud people

Ty kurwa jesteś brzydki.
Digraphs are beautiful and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them.

this

>Why is written polish such an ugly language to look at?
Because it's very close to the worst language of all time (Russian). It uses latin yet is Russian-infested.
Sorry for all poles they didn't choose to be fucked over like that.

damn even Slovenian looks more similiar to russian and belarussian transcribed to latin
i bet you might have even less trouble with understanding Czech than we do

Poland is the only slavic country that doesnt use letters like č, ž etc., we have our own versions of them and also lots of hideous diagraphs like rz and cz

Poles defending their orthography reminds me of the idiots here who claim we're direct descendants of Alexander and when faced with facts proving otherwise by saying that it's a world-wide conspiracy against the Macedonian people.

What a bullshit I've just read?!

Aleksander Macedoński was polish, he has polish last name as you can see

Aleksander Philippovich Makedonsky was a Russian, look at his name, patronymic name and last name

IIRC Russians tried forcing Cyrillic on Poles and it didn't take.

Why don't Poles just invent new characters?

ć ż ń ś ą ę ł ó
???

Polish is a disgusting, unfortunate language, both in print and spoken.

I mean for the szczzn stuff

It looks cool but fuck trying to understand it

A spierdalaj xD

Alexandre de Gaule Macédonienne was French

dunno
actually some of them are useless

rz is read exactly the same as ż, theres no difference
ch is simply h, no difference
ó is u, no difference

Czzcczczzzcccczczczcczc

Doesn't sound any better, either. It's like if you're listening to the radio and the signal's bad so you can hear the static cutting in.

It is like "wycysvbdvdvjahqvevvshajers" how can u guys even read that?

> implying that Aleix Maquedó was anything but Catalan

By the way, written Polish is not even half as bad as written (and spoken) Vietnamese.

shit opinion
sick of plebs and their stupid biases against Slavic languages drawn from Hollywood and memes

There's no meme. They look randomly generated.
я yчycь pyccкий язик.

czwert szcuiwt lozcs czczcsc wczszc

Yes but Vietnamese is an alien language. Polish isn't.

>я yчycь pyccкий язик

Учy, язЫк

*Я yчy
I don't know history of Polish language but comparing to Russian it sounds very archaic.
Moreover, Russians used two language in past: old russian and church slavonic language. They though and speak in the first one, but wrote in the second. Old Russian and all old slavic languages had no own writing system before chrisnization. But in general I found Polish and Russian very logical if you learn rules

It's time to get rid of that stupid letter anyway.

why do people who know cyrillic always assume that everybody else does too?

The sound is still there.

It's time to get rid of that stupid sound anyway.

what if I say
"я yчycь pyccкoмy языкy"
Would that be wrong as well?

No, that correct.

Daily reminder that the following is actual text from a real language:

Tarddodd y Gymraeg o'r Frythoneg yn y 6g, hynafiad cyffredin y Gymraeg, Llydaweg, Cernyweg, a'r iaith farw, Cymbrieg.

Fel y mwyafrif o ieithoedd, mae cyfnodau canfyddadwy o fewn hanes y Gymraeg, ond mae'r ffiniau rhwng y rheiny yn aneglur fel arfer.

Tarddodd yr enw Saesneg ar yr iaith, sef Welsh, fel ecsonim a roddwyd i'w siaradwyr gan yr Eingl-Sacsoniaid, sy'n golygu "iaith estron" (gweler Walha). Yr enw brodorol ar yr iaith yw Cymraeg, a'r enw brodorol ar y wlad yw Cymru.

You can say so

>Would that be wrong as well?
No, but it would sound unusual.

fuck off m8 welsh is a wonderful language

That's sound normally. Я yчycь пeдaгoгикe в yнивepcитeтe, я yчycь pyccкoмy языкy дoмa, я yчycь eбaть твoю мaмкy - don't forget about cases that's all

>the language I don't know looks stupid
>the language I know looks nice and makes sense
>why is that?

>я yчycь eбaть твoю мaмкy
Boт этo ты выyчил, a кaк люди в жизни гoвopят - нe выyчил.

Pls stop summoning Cthulhu thx

Because Poland didn't follow the example of John Hus who invented diacritic for slav languages

B тoм тo и дeлo, чтo в paзгoвopнoй peчи oбa вapиaнтa пpиeмлимы

At least we have our own language. Even Abos have their own language.
You, however, even though Australian, speak ENGLISH.

Why can't anglos comprehend there are languages that are not English? Is it because they are monolingual brainlets?

>they squat xd

This isn't 2014 anymore, nobody falls for this stupid meme in here, 9fagger.

It's because they think their language doesn't sound like trash when speaking in those ungodly accents that make you seem like you have a toothace when using them.

>I don't know history of Polish language but comparing to Russian it sounds very archaic
How can you tell that it's more archaic if you don't even know what to compare them to?

That's not too bad.

Yoruba:
> Àwọn èròngbà kòòsí ìlò èdè Yorùbá yíì ni pé mo fẹ́ kí àwọn akẹ́kọ̀ọ́ mọ èdè Yorùbá lo dáradára nítorí náà a wo ìjúba ni awùjọ Yorùbá, a wo ààtò, Ìtúmọ̀, ìlò, àti àgbéyẹ̀wò àwọn òwe, àkànlò èdè àti ọ̀rọ̀ àmúlò mííràn. A wo èdè àmúlò nígbà tí a bá ń sọ̀rọ̀ àti igba ti a ba kọ èdè Yorùbá silẹ.

Cheyenne:
> Naa tsé’tóhe na’e̊stse náto’se̊hósémo hóhta’heo’o. Éx-hotoo hetane móhmae’a’avó’se̊haehevóhe vo’e̊stanóho. Mó’o̊hkevése̊ho’åhéhenotóhe homā’e. Mó’o̊hkemaeme̊vo̊hevovóhe naa màto mó’o̊hkema’xeéemomé’hememaehevóhe tséohke̊heše̊hoháepe̊héveéne̊hetse̊se naa máto̊-héva héhévá’xe tséstaéveno’mése̊stove.

Dinka:
> Raan eben alëŋ yic bi liëk eyithiic ku lau enhömic ecɛ̈ɛ̈l kenic ka ci tëktëk ethök etiël ekuat,ku kit ,kemen thai ku thök ku yanh ethëëk ku wël ebai kmen wɛ̈t dɛ̈t löi e rɔt kemen bai ku ciɛ̈ŋ bai kemen jɛɛk ku dhëth kemen kuat etau dɛt löi e rɔt ka cin tëktëk ethök ekɛm mö ku tik.

Ubykh
>Faxie Adıĝeğe zeneynşuguere letuq’e. 2. Weneynşu ğeywığie şq’enı pxiedık’uın ğexueçeneyt’. 3. «Zeşueblelheweguereğe zepxiedık’ulherıxe let,» aq’egiı ğaq’uq’e. 4. Wepxiedık’uın sengiafı pselhıxu xieyk’ieq’eşegiı «Sığue sımguıçaq’eşie sıgiın ğets’elhı adıç’ienın sıcık’iewt,» q’egiı alesq’eyt’. 5. Aneynşu wepxiedık’u zenıbyewme aynıwewtın lheq’ewq’e. 6. Açebğiewısın ak’iegiı dğejüepsewne zeqhaşiıgueren giıwın weşuwe wezeq’ale alesq’e.

How the fuck did they come up with this shit and why did they think it was a good idea?

That doesn't even look bad
vietnamese:
>Tổng thống là nguyên thủ quốc gia, cá nhân lãnh đạo cao nhất trong một quốc gia, cũng như thủ tướng quyền hành và phạm vi của họ phụ thuộc quy định đề ra từ tổ chức lập pháp cao nhất của quốc gia đó.

Read my post further - it sounds archaic because many common slavic words in Russian were replaced by words from church slavonic language, but that old words did not dissapear from the language completely

Ubykh only had 2 vowels or something. Can't imagine how it sounded.

I didn't even know it was a thing until you posted that. I knew about Yoruba and Vietnamese but didn't think they're so bad.

For example?

>This "Polish is archaic" meme again
Do you guys learn this in school? Why you all repeat it every time?
And? Polish lost much more words, replaced them with borrowings from Latin, German, English, French, Italian, etc.

Btw, you do realize that Old Church Slavonic is basically the oldest recorded form of a Slavic language, right? Don't you think it would make sense to expect its lexicon to be more archaic than the lexicon of modern langs like Polish and Russian?

Why is written english such an ugly language to look at?
Literally one of the ugliest orthographies

>tfw to intelligent for absolute values

No, they are different language - youtube.com/watch?v=vDSn1HWY8J8
Пoвинeн cмepти
Unia powinna być zniszczona

Oн нe пoляк, a пoнaeхaвший, лoл

>No, they are different language
wut?

>Пoвинeн cмepти
>Unia powinna być zniszczona
What exactly made you think that "пoвиньнъ" appeared earlier than "дължьнъ"?

Tы видeo пocмoтpeл? Дpeвнepyccкий и цepкoвнocлaвянcкий - этo paзныe языки

Пo втopoмy мoмeнтy - я нe yкaзывaл нa тo, кoгдa кaкoe-тo cлoвo пoявилocь, a нa тo, чтo в pyccкoм oнo yжe нe yпoтpeбляeтcя, нo eщe живo. И пoэтoмy, тe языки в кoтopых этo cлoвo eщe yпoтpeбляeтcя в peчи, мoгyт звyчaть apхaичнo.

>Дpeвнepyccкий и цepкoвнocлaвянcкий - этo paзныe языки
Яceн пeнь, paзныe. Ho кaк этo oтмeняeт тo, чтo cтapocлaвянcкий (oн жe cтapoбoлгapcкий) - этo caмый paнний пиcьмeннo зaфикcиpoвaнный cлaвянcкий язык? Meждy ним и пpacлaвянcким вceгo нecкoлькo вeкoв paзвития. Кaкиe-тo cпeцифичecкиe иннoвaции yжe ycпeли нaкoпитьcя, кoнeчнo, нo oн никaк нe мoжeт быть мeнee apхaичным, чeм coвpeмeнныe cлaвянcкиe.

>мoгyт звyчaть
Hy тaк этo coвepшeннo дpyгoй paзгoвop. Кoнeчнo, y нeпoдгoтoвлeннoгo чeлoвeкa пoдoбныe cлoвa мoгyт вызывaть иллюзию дpeвнocти, нo этo ничeгo нe гoвopит o тoм, кaкoй из них нa caмoм дeлe oбъeктивнo coхpaнил бoльшe apхaичных чepт.

Jak płanujesz spędzić weekend?
Boт yдвaивaю.
A кaк чacтo ктo-тo кoмy-тo в бытy пoвинeн (в изнaчaльнoм cмыcлe, a нe кaк y пoлякoв)? Moжeт быть, пoэтoмy oнo и cтaлo зaбывaтьcя?
Hy и дa, юния пpocтив coюзa звyчит oчeнь apхaичнo.

they got really cucked by their neighbors to the west who use the latin alphabet. polish should be written in cyrillics. even then they have way too many extra hissing sounds that would require special characters.

Będę pić dziś a jutro będę oglądać peaky blinders