Who is the biggest hack in comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsalliance.com/rob-granito-scam-artist/
youtube.com/watch?v=fadzZwx85e0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dan Slott.

Marc Guggenheim
Brian Reed

Either Scott Snyder, Grant Morrison, or Stan Lee.

Geoff Johns, his runs have bland characterizations and he includes too many characters

How many comics did Bob Kane actually write though

All I really know about him is that Bill Finger all the work in creating Batman and that he was always around for media junkets.

Joss Whedon is the biggest hack across the board, so him.

Bob Kane for sure. He got worldwide recognition and a fortune for doing practically nothing.

He will forever be known as the creator of Batman and that will never change.

Most current hack? Bendis definitely.

Me desu

He wasn't a writer, he was an artist.

And even then, a lot of the art credited to him wasn't actually done by him.

>That story Sterenko keeps telling about the time he bitch slapped Bob Kane

Always puts a smile on my face

>believing this propaganda
Trusting things with one source is stupid no?

one thing that people gloss over is that he is one of the earliest (if not the earliest) person, who hd royalties from the character, he "created" from a corporation. not only that, he got this huge load of money despite doing nothing.

In many ways, Kane is a personified perfection of creator's rights, which is ironic.

The reader

Mark Millar

???
But there's nothing wrong with animals eating other types of animals?

Somebody post it, I wanna laugh at it again

Buffy, Firefly, & Astonishing X-Men were pretty good user

>Vegans eat so much weird shit

I have literally never heard that as an argument for not being vegan.

I fucking love Steranko.

Wow! When you strawman the opposition to an idea into holding an absurd position they don't actually hold, it really does seem like they're being silly!

>defending bob kane
Either your a shitposter or you are just an edgy 14 year old

the retards in a pretty decent and overall positive movement make everyone in it look stupid

Which movement are you talking about? Veganism is almost entirely based on pseudoscience. There's literally no evidence that meat and dairy products are bad for humans, just that modern humans occupy too much of their diet with said products and end up pushing out some of the vegetables they need.

>Grant Morrison
>Alan Moore
>Stan Lee
>Scott Snyder
>Dan Slott

>Moore
>Morrison

How contrarian of you!

Greg Land and Rob Liefeld

Nice, nice

>Morrison
>Grant

You mean the only good writers in comics besides Warren Ellis?

>defending Kane

Ken Penders

Geoff Johns.

Oh I was talking about ethical veganism/vegetarianism.

Vince Colletta is up there. He was infamous for taking shortcuts as an inker, like erasing detail from the pencils

>erasing details from pencils
fuck this dago

veganism is almost solely based on the ethics of eating animals and whatnot.

I would say less about eating animals and more about the farming industry's tactics.

Whoa that's pretty vile. Sounds almost as terrible as Rob Granito.
comicsalliance.com/rob-granito-scam-artist/

you need to produce work to be a hack.

Kane's just a thief.

See an Italian call a battalion

Pretty sure there's more evidence against Bob Kane's take on creating Batman than for it.
Most Batman fans know the names of multiple ghost artists who had to sign all their work "Bob Kane"

Bendis.

That Brian Michael fellow, I can't remember his last name.

jesus

Benis?

Mendes?

Tim Seeley.

For once Waid's super anger was justified

Holy shit what an asshole.

There's a story where Julie Schwartz asked Bob Kane to make a change to some art Bob had brought in. Bob took the page out to the bullpen and came back with the art changed perfectly. Every one saw that he had just paid one of the artist on the floor to do it for him real quick.

Julie asked Bob why he didn't just make the changes himself. Bob's reply was "my lack of talent"

This is my favorite Bob Kane story, as told by Arnold Drake.

>"Bob had gotten to the point where he never drew anything. Never drew anything on the Batman comics, anyway. [Sheldon] Moldoff was ghosting them all and when he didn't, someone else did. The only thing I think Bob ever drew was when we'd be out somewhere, in a restaurant or someplace, and a pretty girl would come over to him and say, 'Are you really the man who draws Batman?' Then he could whip out a little sketch for her, a big sketch if she was wearing something low-cut and would bend over to watch him draw.

>One day I'm over at his house to discuss this newspaper strip idea we had and he's talking about who we might get to draw it. I was going to write it and we were going to get someone else to draw it. I'm not sure what Bob was going to do on it except sign his name. I said to him, 'Bob, isn't it disappointing to you that you don't draw any more? You were once such a great artist.' He wasn't but you had to talk to Bob that way.

>He said, 'Oh, no. Let me show you something.' He took me into a little room in his house. It was his studio. I didn't even know he still had a studio. It was all set up with easels and things and there were paintings, paintings of clowns. You know the kind. Like the ones Red Skelton used to do. Just these insipid portraits of clowns, all signed very large, 'Bob Kane.' He was so proud of them. He said, 'These are the paintings that are going to make me in the world of art. Batman was a big deal in one world and these paintings will soon be in every gallery in the world.' He thought the Louvre was going to take down the Mona Lisa to put up his clown paintings. I didn't have the heart to tell him.

>So a few months later, I'm up at DC and I ran into Eddie Herron. Eddie was another writer up there and we got to talking and Bob's name came up. Eddie said, 'Did you hear? Bob's getting sued by one of his ghost artists.'

(cont)

>I said, 'How is that possible? Shelly Moldoff's suing Bob? But they had a clear deal. Shelly knew he wasn't going to get credit or anything...'

>Eddie said, 'No, not Shelly.' Bob was being sued by the person who'd painted the clowns for him..."

Man, Bob Kane was even worse than I thought he was.

haha holy shit

...aaaaaand i should've waited for the punchline. Whoa.

holy moley

anyone have the youtube vid where steranko says he almost punched kane?

can't seem to find it

What a cunt.

It wasn't a punch, it was a bitch slap.

And he didn't "almost" do it.

>Then he cuffed me across the face

I'm not familiar with this term. What kind of gesture is this?

Is it like a friendly slap on the cheek or something and Jim didn't take it kindly?

Not that I think he wasn't justified in being pissed, I just don't know what it was Kane did to him.

Imagine wonder woman blocking a bullet, except she's smearing the band across your face

It's a NY mob culture thing

you posted him OP

And he just did that to someone he didn't even know?

Fucking hell, what color was the sky in Bob Kane's little world?

I mean he's willing to lie and steal

>his sky is full of Kane Signals

yeah, the one from the twitter story

youtube.com/watch?v=fadzZwx85e0

this one isn't the one I saw but he tells that same story

This was something old people did decades ago to children, like as if saying the children still had much to learn.

>Is it like a friendly slap on the cheek or something
Something like that.

He came up with the idea of Batman, a costumed crime fighter with no superpowers.

That's pretty much it.