Sup Forums conlang

Bored autistic anons report in

Let's make our own language

Things we need to decide:

1. A priori (vocabulary is primarily not based on a natural language) or a posteriori (vocabulary is primarily based on a natural language is called a posteriori)
2. Phonology & orthography (how we'll write/type & spell words in the language)
3. Grammar (agglutinative, polysynthetic, etc.)
4. Pronunciation (internationalphoneticalphabet.org/ipa-sounds/ipa-chart-with-sounds/)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toki_Pona
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithkuil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP = Žedxelre /ʒedʃelɾe/ (zedx = producer, creator, writer of something) + (elre = primary, first, original)

Homosexual = Jomizjelanta /jo'miz'jel'anta:/ (jomiz = men, group of male humans) + (jel = to love, to admire, to desire) + (anta = a person who engages in something to do with X. e.g., food-anta = cook, car-anta = driver, etc.)

Present tense third person singular form of "to be" = Ni /ni:/

Žedxelre jomizjelanta ni. = OP is a faggot.

Spurdese
A simplified form of Finnish with only voiced consonants

Are there conlangs that aim to combine features that are nearly universal in most languages in the world? Like a set of common phonemes that are shared by the overwhelming majority of all languages for example.

Those would be auxlangs, though some are more successful than others
Take Toki Pona for example, which has a minuscule phonology
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toki_Pona
Even then it still has sounds some languages lack

If wy an germanisk sprock maken, it sal enfax to leren sen.

"If we make a Germanic language, it will be easy to learn"?
Tbh a Germanic language might be a bit too familiar

I posted a thread like this a while ago but it got negative replies. We should make a conlang Discord to work on it there.

What is this esoteric baggage surrounding it?

It's garbage. The creator is a SJW faggot and the vocabulary is so small that having a legitimate conversation in the language is unrealistic.

>basing your conlang off existing languages

Basically just paving the way for Esperanto v2.0

Make an isolate, like Basque or Korean. Make it unique, but regular and have intuitive spelling. Use the Latin alphabet so anyone can type it, and keep things simple.

is a good start but a bit too complex and will lose the interests of Sup Forumsolerants quickly.

Maxenanoas
make-PL-NEG-IMP
"Let's not"

Noyu od en echanzi nemva kemtaen-pur.
we-ERG one COUNTER product never decide-PL-POT
"We could never decide on any one idea"

an a posteriori conlang can be good so long as it is tastefully done. if you just make a new latin or german dialect it will be boring. think outside the box. you dont see many indo-aryan or east germanic conlangs. or better yet a mixture of two seemingly unlikely families, like maybe taking a celtic/goidelic structure and putting some north germanic vocabulary in it, like an irish + swedish crossover language or something.

>ch
>y
>x
>long words
>unnecessary ergative case

lame

It's just the personal philosophy of the creator
It wasn't really intended as an auxlang, but it has a simple phonology that uses sounds that are common, even compared to actual Auxlangs like Esperanto.
A lot of people create conlangs based on personal philosophies or abstract concepts rather than trying to make something naturalistic
Look at the monster that is Ithkuil:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ithkuil

It looks very basque-ish to me.

That's not the actual orthography. I'm just lazy on the computer.

This basically
>a priori
>spelled exactly as it is pronounced
>extremely regular
>no meme sounds, fairly easy to pronounce

Should we decide the phonology then?

Bump

Easy pronunciation is for lazy normies. Make it as hard and mysterious as possible.

ser- - to eat
ser-a-/ser-i- - to eat/not to eat
ser-o-/ser-u- - to be eaten/not to be eaten

seran- - to be eating --> serans - I'm eating, serant - you (sg.) are eating...
serin- - not to be eating --> serins - I'm not eating, serint - you're not eating...
serwan- - to be forcing smn. to eat
serwin- - not to be forcing smn. to eat

seros- - to be eaten up --> seros(u)s - I was eaten up, serost - you're eaten up, serosk - it's/she's/he's... eaten up...
serus- - not to be eaten up
serwos- - to be forced to eat // serwon
serwus- - not to be forced to eat // serwun

yut - you (nom.) -> yutuy - to you (dat.)
seh - it (nom.) -> seha - it (acc.)

Yutuy seha serwons-e? - Are you forcing me to eat it (right now)? (Am I being forced (by you) to eat it?)
Yutuy seha serwins - I'm not forcing you to eat it
Seha serins - I'm not eating it
Seh yutuy serosk - It's eaten up by you
Seh yutuy serusk-e? - Isn't it eaten up by you
Seh yutuy seronk - You're eating it up (It is being eaten up by you (right now))

>ser meaning anything but "to be"
Stopped reading there.

>seros(u)s - I was eaten up
*I'm eaten up

I like this, grammar reminds me a bit of Japanese
How many cases does it have?

anything is suitable so long as each letter has only one sound and there are no diacritics for ease of typing

based on something or your own creation?

Tolkien never finished Black Speech, but I think it's a good template to go off of.

>How many cases does it have?
It's just an outline t bh
It came to my mind very recently, so I haven't thought about many various and important aspects yet (but the language is supposed to be mostly agglutinative)

>based on something or your own creation?
I created these words, affixes and inflexions randomly. But I tried to combine agglutinative and some inflexional features

>the vocabulary is so small that having a legitimate conversation in the language is unrealistic.
sina pilin e ni tan seme? mi jo e toki suli lon tomo toki pona la ni li ike ala tawa mi.
mi lukin kin e ni: toki pi kalama musi la kulupu li ante e ni tan toki wan tawa toki pona.