Hey guys my fiance is asking me to give her comics to read which is awesome. But here's what sucks...

Hey guys my fiance is asking me to give her comics to read which is awesome. But here's what sucks, she wants comics with like a strong female lead or whatever that means.

What are some comics with good female characters? I'm not talking forced meme bullshit like Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman, I'm talking genuinely good/interesting characters.

Captain Marvel sucks but Wonder Woman is cool, don't be like that.

comics are for boys

There you go

Men can't write good wymin characters even if their lives depended on it, they all resort back the tropey-flat character and hardly ever get past it.

have her read Ms. Marvel, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Supergirl any female title from DC .

Birds of Prey

Buying this now...

starfire's run is good. the first trade for Starfire should be out now

Dan slott run of she hulk.
Seriously it's fucking amazing and has action drama a little romance and lots of comedy.
One of the most underrated comic runs ever if you ask me.

Love and Rockets. Give her Jaime's Locas stories.

The original Birds of Prey run. Your pic is the exact opposite of what you want.

Birds of Prey. Also Aquaman. Shed probably love Aquaman. Mera is the best empowered female in comics IMO.

You're going to get dumped, jackass.

I'd dump him too

Perez Wonder Woman
Batgirl by Puckett

Depends, if she wants shallow females that just crack jokes and act immature have her read Marvel.

If she wants solid actually competent females have her read anything DC except Grahams Batgirl.

>Jessica Jones
>strong
Hahahahahahahah

Spider-Girl (The Mayday series), Araña's series, Cassandra Cain is getting reprinted collections of her series, shit, maybe even Runaways.
Oh, and there's probably a few She-Hulk books shed tolerate.

There's also Power Girl and Starfire, but the cheesecake factor may not be to her liking.

>But here's what sucks, she wants comics with like a strong female lead or whatever that means.
This is a trap. Get her to define what she means.

The covers were a sign of what was to come

don't do that, just give her good comics and even if she wanted shitty quirky shit instead maybe she'll read them anyway and develop good taste

DC has a lot of good female superheroes

What is that?

You don't want to know.

Now I have to know...

can we talk about the fact that batgirl has a dick in OP image?

It's a story about aunt May's and Parker's mom romances.

Dammit nigga, I was typing a whole thing there, with multiple levels of hell to draw the poor foolish user in and there you go spilling the whole Big Secret as to why the comic is so fucking horrible. You haven't even mentioned the cuckoldry or "I'm sterile".

Journey into Mystery (issues #646-655) featuring Sif
she literally goes on a girl power quest, and/but it's actually pretty awesome

>why the comic is so fucking horrible
Why?
>"I'm sterile".
Wait, what?

I tried to forget details. They had boyfriends, one of them was into sex, the other one wanted to wait till later, then they were cheating on each other and.... god damn it!

Ok anything except red hood and the outlaws
The fuck were they thinking

This. Then you have her read Beto's superior Palomar stories.

Zattana and power girl are great.
Zatanna is probably the best choice for getting her to branch out into male comics power girl spends little time with males

Try with this OP

>Black Hole
That comic is weird. I didn't find it particularly sad, but at the end I didn't know what to think of anything I had just read.

Anyone have any opinions on this work?

Look no further than the bossest-ass bitch of the '90s!

If you're into UK-styled 90's insanity

Get Tank Girl 1, 2, 3 then check out the new-ish collection called 21st Century Tank Girl

and watch the shite movie for a laugh

If she's open to a story with multiple main characters where one of them is a woman, 52 might be a good pick. Renee Montoya is fucking great in that, and in terms of narrative importance she's probably in the top three or four characters, there's really not a main character so that's about as big as anyone in the story is.

She's a lesbian though, so depending on your fiancé that may or may not put her off if she wants a woman she can relate to. It's not a HUGE part of the character but it's there.

Evangeline
Modesty Blaise
Ms. Tree
Red Sonja
Margot in Badtown

Supergirl V6
Batgirl V1 and 3
X-23 by Marjorie Liu, Innocence lost and Target X
Selina's Big Score and Brubaker's Catwoman. Also Trail of the Catwoman if you want a little more context, but you can skip it as long as you read Selina's Big Score.
Batwoman: Elegy

Give her Rat Queens and Letter 44, dumbo.

Lesbians that only have that as a minor part of there character are best lesbians

Demo vol. 1 by Brian Wood is a series of 12 one-shot comics about real-as-fuck superpower stories. Very worth checking out, I'd say about half the leads of the stories are female.

Kabuki. Starts off kind like any generic 90s "bad girl" comic but gets more artsy and psychological later on.

Not even OP but this looks interesting. Thanks for the rec.

Try Bone.

criminally underrated posts

Xena
Gotham Academy
Gotham city sirens
Birds of prey
Judge dredd:Anderson

Love & Rockets
Ghost World
Patience
Guido Crepax' Valentina comics
The Adventures of Jodelle
Nausicaa
Mimi and the Wolves
Revenger
Helter Skelter Fashion Unfriendly
Anya's Ghost
School Spirits
Operation Margerine
This One Summer
I Love This Part
THB

No worries user, honestly I can't remember how I found it but it became one of all-time favourites.

Prepare for feels. Like a soldier who hits his target 100% of the time, but doesn't want to kill. Or a girl whose words have literal immediate effect, so refuses to speak due to things she's said in the past.

Volume 2 is also good. Wish he did another.

Hellboy and B.P.R.D. Based Liz, Kate, Panya, Alice, and Varvara.

Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina
Ghostbusters International

This One Summer.

I Kill Giants if she's the depressive type.

Tomboy

OP here. Looks like most people are recommended DC or indie which is cool. I've written down some good suggestions.

Any Marvel though? I know more about 616 than anything else. If she has any questions about DC or something I probably wouldn't be able to help.

Marvel is pretty gimmicky when it comes to their female characters. They all tend to have the same personality and very few good stories.

Bandette

>Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina
This looks sick.
Is it any good?

The Maxx

Very

Sensational She-Hulk
Dakota North

Hack//slash

She-Hulk by John Byrne
Black Widow by Rucka
Personally I'm waiting for the Phil Noto Widow miniseries and trade-waiting the Waid/Samnee one.

read your thread, nigga

Basically an undercover KGB agent becomes 70s Wonder Woman.

Lazarus, Bitch Planet, Pretty Deadly, Copperhead, Three Devils...

Bitch Planet is so good.

It's great. It's basically Sabrina told in that 70s pulp horror style, full of satanism and occult weirdness. I love it. Frankly, it's even better than Afterlife with Archie.

Kamala and she hulk
Maybe captain marvel that's pretty much all marvel has difficulty writing female characters without shoving in there sjw shit
Just stay the fuck away from whor

She-Thor isn't good?
I haven't been following it.

It's a bunch of sjw shit
You know that unsolicited opinions on isreal page

That's a real unedited page

Wait shit my mistake that wasent whor
But it is exactly the sort of thing you see in whor

Give her Ronin and Martha Washinton by Frank fucking Miller.

It's trouble. Nerd Hulk died trying to get that signed.

storm

Gotham Academy would probably appeal to her. Tell her it passes the Bendis test and it has interesting characters, although they are all high school level. Describe it to her as a YA suspense mystery but light on the horror/gore elements.

Batgirl would be good. DC Comics Bombshells, if she likes retro looking art as well. Just point out that Batgirl has attractive/drawn as endowed in some cases females but it also, easily, passes the Bendis test and it definitely qualifies as a Strong Female Comic.

And if you really want to get on her good side, recommend Lumberjanes.

>Batwoman
>Gotham Central
>no Renee Question
who authorized this

>the Bendis test
>Lumberjanes
>Batgirl
>Bombshells
what the fuck is this

shut the fuck up

We already put money down on the wedding venue and stuff bro I can't really call things off at this point.

Why do demon knights, the one above it and what I assume is death from sandman 3 down from the top left corner not have titles

Heh

>Hack/Slash
>come for the mild cheesecake and slasher movie sendups, stay for the feels and DEEPEST LORE

And yet fawning over Grayson is completely fine.

Cerebusm

Grayson is well-written and respectful of the character's past history

Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol, Crazy Jane is basically the main character and 9 girls out of 10 will love the character of Crazy Jane.
Plus, Rebis.

I haven't read that since the alien gun fired. Have there been female character that did more than fuck people?

Rat Queens is garbage.

Rucka's Wonder Woman

Fuck yeah White Out
OP tell her to read Nextwave, it's impossible not to enjoy Nextwave
Avoid Hack/Slash it's overall mediocre

It shot itself in the foot in issue fucking one
It's so bad it caused lots of us to give up on Marvel completely
A scene so utterly retarded it actually turned some of us into republicans

Cassandra Cain Batgirl.

OP show her this, my girlfriend loved it. Especially because it's true.
American Vampire is also really, really good.

Mockingbird

These.
Ms. Marvel and Slott's She-Hulk are the best, least hamfisted female leads.

Alternatively get her short-run indie stuff like Locke & Key. No 'strong female leads', but chicks love that shit.

Does she want sjw faggotry? Or just "badass female characters"?