What are your honest thoughts on cultural appropriation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yVT3oe9sXjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pretty hat invented in my country, foreigners no wear hat

Perfectly acceptable. Cultures should be adaptable.

It's unacceptable
They should be punished

It is all right. We just have got to have common sense and don't try to push islamic culture or ghetto culture

It's good if it comes packed with big mammaries

non-issue, just an excuse to whine and claim oppression

who gives a shit

Having a culture is awsome. Instead of opposing their existence, appropiate yourself of yours then learn from the rest.

st patrick's day in america is a bit cringeworthy but no real harm done

It's bs for the most part, cultural appropiation should be handled as a matter of taste and ettiquete and not policed by the politically correct. I cringe everytime I see Chicanos claiming Mexican culture since in Mexico proper we would share it with all, at least traditionally that's how it works.

A Chicano will unironically ape a charro outfit (in Mexico there's rules for wearing it and it's generally reserved for actual charros as a matter of tradition) yet complain about anglos wearing huastec textiles which are specifically sold as couture to foreigners by the indigenous peoples who make them (and to whom the tradition belongs in the first place) and I can think of a dozen other examples. We would welcome and be honored by foreigners sharing in our fiestas wearing costumes and participating (eg dia de muertos) Chicanos complain about non Mexicans wearing our costumes WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION in the meantime.

American culture has become fucking obnoxious with this, I get it some people do cross a line but turning every single imaginary transgression into a racist act is self defeating and does a diservice to the original spirits of our traditions which are fucking meant to be inclussive for all.

sums it up
youtube.com/watch?v=yVT3oe9sXjY

Mill truk just arive

We need it for race mixing.

cultural appropriation is horrific, get all these fucking africans out of white countries and stop them from taking part in white culture.

>people who shill to cultural enrichment bashing people when they make cultural appropriations

>Imagine writing out an informed detailed response like this and getting zero (You)'s
I got you bud

Lmoa have a (you) at least

Its okay to be racemixed and absorb other cultures. We can claim to be vikings, indians, samurai, or kangz all we want. Who gives a shit what everyone else feels?

All culture is ultimately spawned by the human mind, so it is a conception of mechanics and limitations of perception we all share. Ultimately this means all humans can lay claim to all human thought and by extension culture, because they are able to understand and adapt it. All barriers to this are artificial.

Yeah. And say we're dragons that are pansexual with new pronouns.

I agree, let's not rangeban Canada for now.

its ok as long as sexy women do it.

The problem with cultural appropriation is that it trivializes one's identity. It's about absorbing a superficial facet of a culture without respect or regard for its deeper meaning to the concerned people. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, most people don't understand the harm in cultural appropriation because they don't know how it feels to have their culture belittled and misunderstood by the majority. It's hard to imagine your culture being the minority and your dearest symbols being twisted into nonrecognition when you've always been part of the dominant culture. As is the case for other sociological phenomena, there's regrettably a lot of misconception about what constitutes cultural appropriation. Cultural exchange isn't cultural appropriation and neither is having genuine interest in a culture and enjoying some of its aspects.

Americans who get upset about "appropriation" are just doing so to compensate for some kind of hole in their lives. They use those issues as a way to cope with it. It's an obsessicve disorder.

(((Rebel media)))

Fuck off

that's just how I see it, cultural appropriation is a retarded concept only Americans obsessed with both intellectual property and muh heritage could have invented

It seems like the people who do get bootyblasted about cultural appropriation are 2nd-gens who have little to no genuine connection to their ancestral culture but want to gatekeep it and act as an authority regarding it because they're insecure their identity. Of course, there are exceptions, e.g. artifacts of significance like war bonnets

> complain about anglos wearing huastec textiles which are specifically sold as couture to foreigners by the indigenous peoples who make them (and to whom the tradition belongs in the first place)
But all the ponchos come from the Andes and is what the foreigners buy

>with cultural appropriation is that it trivializes one's identity.
PLot twist, everybody adopt western culture fashion music and all that, nobody in the west cares

Doesn't real, there's only either cultural insensitivity or simply culture

Only white cucks care

I'm not sure if you're trolling here but this isn't ponchos we're talking about but hand embroidered blouses and dresses, it's very specialized artisan work that takes a lot of time to complete. This is what the original looks like, you could probably buy a nice car for the price of one blouse and dress set.

Now obviously what gets used as couture is more simple pieces like pictured, which are very popular in some circles in Mexico and even abroad, these do get exported.

Now let's say an anglo girl likes the fashion and appreciates the work, she gets one of the commercial quality pieces that still look good and help support indigenous people in Mexico. It's a win-win.

Except she would be opening herself to be called a racist by a Chicana SJW who just got triggered for whatever reason even tho she likely would give those as gifts herself with no issues. That's cultural appropiation for you.

GIVE ME MILKIES

I just want to fondle those tits desu, don’t give a shit about what they’re wrapped in.

right can do it left cant.

HOT

There's no such thing