Plague, Inc

Heard the earlier - any support to the the idea that the outbreak of "design a super disease" games few years back was just a DARPA project for distributed computing?

Simulating millions and millions of disease scenarios with players doing the brunt of artificial selection.

Game players (aka experimenters) would quickly identify the most overpowered strategy by using real-world epidemiology trends. Here's my method for fans of the "game":
• start virus due to easy genetic manipulability and resistance to chemical disinfection
• focus on adaptability to hit all the major vectors: airborne, insect, body fluids, water
• start in tropical climate; encourages heat resilience and provides high population densities, plus copious reservoirs of insect vectors
• dead people don't spread your virus, so lethality is out of the question (until endgame, see next 2 points)
• effective diseases are innocuous at first, allowing transmission without overt symptoms
• unlike bacteria, viruses rewrite host DNA, allowing latent effects to be triggered much later after infection - latency makes research into your disease more difficult
• maximizing infected hosts is your goal, so it's paramount to keep panic suppressed - clueless media and open borders are integral to this
• nothing spreads an under-the-radar disease faster than holding the Olympics in a highly infected area - YOU MUST NOT RAISE ALARMS BEFOREHAND, STAY INCOGNITO BUT CONTAGIOUS
• smart countries (fuck Madagascar lemur cunts) cut themselves off from foreign involvement before panic sets in; closed border = you failed
• high rate of untreated infection leads to frequent viral mutation; immunization is ineffective and viral "cures" are difficult to manufacture
• this is the point in the game where some kind of lethality factor evolves, dooming humanity in one fell swoop as everyone suddenly bleeds to death through their fingernails

Thoughts Sup Forums? Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_D
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_(biology)
theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/02/rio-olympics-2016-water-pollution
youtube.com/watch?v=c0ztLtpuwkM
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rio-olympics-super-bacteria-found-across-waters-where-games-events-are-planned-studies-say-a7076506.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3278644/pdf/bact0102_0066.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=zika virus review
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You guys are fucked

t. lemur cunt

>2yrs ago
>Free GoogleOpinion$, download Plague, Inc.
>wtf fuck you Greenland
>oH so this is how you play this game
>infect fucking everyone with no symptoms
>evolve plague to be lethal in one go
>WIN
>choose other pathogen
>win exact same way
>fuck this game

>2yrs later
>Sup Forums threads linking Zika in 1940's
>Read this thread
>mfw

Shitty comic? Or...prescient warning??

Fuck I had to go on my PC to type fast enough, you just made me remember something.

It's not well know outside of medicine and bio research, but certain viruses only become dangerous when the host is ALSO INFECTED WITH A DIFFERENT VIRUS.

HIV is the classic example - many diseases of AIDS patients (PCP pneumonia, toxoplasmosis, Kaposi sarcoma) take advantage of HIV destroying huge parts of the adaptive immune system. HIV technically is not dangerous on its own, but allows otherwise weak pathogens to become lethal.

You gave me the terrifying thought that this could be a HBV / HDV situation. Everyone knows about Hepatitis B, but few know that a second virus (creatively named Hepatitis D) is a "subviral satellite" pathogen, and can cause even more severe liver damage as long as the host has Hep B.

If we're still in tinfoil hat mode, the (((planned))) Zika plague may be the Hep B to preempt a sizable infected population before their "Hep D" is introduced.

Or some modified flu virus was the Hep B, Zika is the Hep D, and we're already fucked

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_D
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_(biology)

LET ME OUT I WANT OFF THIS RIDE

The ride just started, it's too late to get off now

>TFW lowering the population makes it easy for total Control of Humanity

Its like a Sick game of Species!

How many Years or Months or Weeks would it take a Virus to cull humanity?

(Pic for light humor...I'm scared)

I remember the game, it was hosted in /f/.

The trick was to save all of the lethality until the very. Last. Moment. Your entire game was spent spreading and mutating and being quiet, and then in a very very VERY short time people were shitting their own guts onto the floor.

That last Ebola outbreak? The one where public distrust for clinics had them foregoing healthcare, hemorrhaging to death in the street and then reinfecting more people because of their degenerate burial practices?

It was a good try, but Ebola could never work as a plague - too lethal, too obvious, too easily quarantined by border enforcement. And BATS?? WTF kind of shitty vector is that?

Zika is far better designed. I will bet my medical school loan debt that it can survive in water (body fluids are a vector after all), making friends with all the other Enteroviridae in Rio's literal shit lagoons and infecting mosquitoes in their larval forms.

theguardian.com/sport/2015/dec/02/rio-olympics-2016-water-pollution

DO NOT GO TO RIO!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
EVEN IF THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THIS PROBLEM, THERE IS NO WAY TO PURIFY THIS WATER! SELL YOUR GODDAMN TICKETS!

>virus that can remotely mutate itself
good luck with that

Look up genetic drift vs. genetic shift.

Viruses hijack your cellular protein machinery to start making copies of themselves. They are literally composed of schematics (rRNA, DNA) that can be inserted into the host genome or fed straight into ribosomes using onboard reverse transcriptase.

A single cell infected by a single virus will created tens of MILLIONS of copies. Viruses are like the Chinese manufacturers of biology - fuck the quality as long as you make a lot of them. Their genetic proofreading is "slippery" and viruses frequently mutate as a result.

More infections = more mutations. Every infected person is a billion more dice rolls, and it's only a matter of time before one of those shitty proteins that escaped proofreading actually helps the virus become more dangerous.

This is how influenza evolves - it's made of 8 interchangeable subunits that create unique configurations of the virus every time it's replicated.

Kek demands you look this shit up. Don't underestimate what bio-engineering is capable of. We already have the technology to custom-design viruses - hell, the Soviets pioneers in vivo gene therapy by modifying bacteriophages.

It is both uncommon and extremely worrisome to see Zika have so many possible vectors, including ones we likely haven't identified yet.

Got a bad feeling about this

>Olympics bring /fit/ athletes from round the world
>Place them all in a village
>Provide free condoms
>Sydney: 90,000
>Beijing: 100,000
>London: 150,000
>Tinder is a thing now
>"Zika can be sexually transmitted from a person who has Zika to his or her sex partners, even while they are not symptomatic. Sex includes vaginal, anal and oral sex, and the sharing of sex toys."

how can i prepare for the happening

Not much you can do about a global plague famalam. Being a NEET is just about as safe as you get from this shit.

Don't go to Brazil. Or South America. Maybe avoid Florida if you can - rumor is there have already been a few hundred cases here.

Like other viral illnesses, disease severity depends on host response - you could have symptoms similar to Dengue fever (called "break bone fever" due to joint pain) or 3 days of a fever you barely notice.

The problem is viruses rewrite cellular DNA, and we still don't know what the long term effects are.

A well-known medical resource has this sage advice:

> As of July 2016, countries with mosquito-borne circulation of Zika virus include Anguilla, Argentina, Aruba, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Brazil, Cape Verde, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Kosrae (Federated States of Micronesia), Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mexico, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Samoa, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten, Suriname, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, and Venezuela [19,33,34].

>Can Zika be prevented? — Yes. The best way to prevent Zika virus infection is to avoid the mosquitoes that carry it.

So just avoid all mosquitoes and you'll be fine. Probably.

One other "coincidence" - every prior infection involved a remote tropical island. Extremely high infection rate, no story of what happened to the patients. Really makes you think...

>Zika virus is named after the Ugandan forest where it was first isolated in a rhesus monkey in 1947. The first human cases were detected in 1952 in Uganda and Tanzania. The virus subsequently spread across equatorial Africa and Asia, where it was associated with sporadic infections. The first major recognized outbreak occurred in the Yap Islands of Micronesia in 2007; more than 70 percent of the population ≥3 years of age was infected, resulting in an estimated 5000 infections among the total population of 6700. Another larger outbreak occurred in French Polynesia in 2013 to 2014, which affected about two-thirds of the population, resulting in approximately 32,000 infections. During the outbreak in French Polynesia, 3 percent of donated blood samples tested positive for Zika virus by polymerase chain reaction.

Damn I wish I could bump my own thread. This is worrisome not only because of the epidemiological factors (almost a perfect storm for spreading disease) but the effect!?

Apparently, the microcephaly is NEW - the prototype virus in 2007 didn't pack the same oomph.

>Birth defects were not recognized as a complication of Zika virus infection at the time of the outbreak in the Yap Islands of Micronesia in 2007, perhaps because of the relatively small size of the population. Similarly, no fetal abnormalities were identified initially during the French Polynesia outbreak in 2013 to 2014; however, subsequent retrospective evaluations identified 19 cases of fetal or neonatal central nervous system malformations or brainstem dysfunction [37,38], and retrospective polymerase chain reaction testing of stored amniotic fluid was positive for Zika virus in some of these cases [39]. Further retrospective analysis of the data from French Polynesia estimated a baseline microcephaly prevalence of 2 cases per 10,000 neonates and a risk of microcephaly associated with Zika virus infection of 95 cases per 10,000 women infected in the first trimester, based on eight microcephaly cases [10]. Using these estimates, the risk of microcephaly associated with Zika virus infection in the first trimester during that outbreak was approximately 1 percent. When Brazilian data were considered, the estimated risk of microcephaly due to Zika infection in the first trimester ranged from 0.88 to 13.2 percent [40].

youtube.com/watch?v=c0ztLtpuwkM

Its time to raise more awareness about what will probably be the shittiest games ever.

>One other "coincidence" - every prior infection involved a remote tropical island. Extremely high infection rate, no story of what happened to the patients.
Small islands provide additional levels of vector control and containment.

They're not using Zika to cull the population or to do any sort of real physical damage. What they're trying to accomplish by infecting everyone is to introduce a way to sell more vaccines and drugs to the populace. By infecting people with Zika, they can now sell more treatments and drugs to help combat Zika and all its many symptoms which will now be invented for the public.

They should have their Hands cut off, for being pickpockets and thieves those fucking Niggers.

Interesting i didnt think of it that way, even though Its quite obvious.

To me, it's the most clear reason behind releasing a fabricated virus. I think what's occurred with it is that they've been testing the virus and researching it for decades to make sure they could hit the contagious "sweetspot" for it while also minimizing the physical side effects of it. In effect, creating a pathogen that was contagious, had some symptoms that could be felt, but would ultimately not be lethal or permanently damaging to the host. So they pretty much created a meme disease to sell meme cures.

I also think AIDS was their first test-run of such a concept, but it kind of got out of hand when it started becoming TOO lethal and damaging (even though it payed off big time in treatments and drug sales). The long-run negative side effects of AIDS was a learning experience for big pharma. Zika is their new go at this idea and this time they've hopefully lowered the amount of damage they could create with it, but at the same time there could be unknowns to it as well (like the microcephaly).

Not only zika is a threat to the games:

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rio-olympics-super-bacteria-found-across-waters-where-games-events-are-planned-studies-say-a7076506.html

bump... shits scary

did you seriously just get dubbywubbies four times in a row? holy shit!

(srs not spam ok)

Nice isolated experimental field otherwise replicating the "ideal" climate and population conditions, with a small sample of people that can be easily monitored.

The highest risk of Zika-associated microcephaly in any previous "outbreak" was barely 1%.

But now with Brazil data, it somehow ranges from 0.8% to 13.2%? Fun fact - when medicine talks about ranges for epidemiology, bet good money on the low number being the outlier...

Noice

So Sup Forums, ZIKA-chan when?

yet another reason to never go outside or interact with 3DPD.

bump
we should have a zika general

Can't wait for this shitshow, and the aftermath.

Me too user.

Meee too :)

Bump. Much love OP, 'preciate ya.

Interesting theory but this virus is unlikely to cause symptoms bad enough to merit a doctor's visit, let alone antibiotics (which would be useless).

Contrary to popular science, we have very few effective antiviral treatments.

Interferon (sometimes given to ICU patients with hepatitis or other viral shit) is just the same chemical your body pumps out that creates the "malaise" of feeling sick.

Chemical antivirals like tamiflu are ultra-specific for their virus and only work if taken before symptoms appear (good luck with that).

The new crop of Hepatitis C antivirals are custom-engineered proteins called protease inhibitors (i.e. simeprevir) and only "cure" you by fucking up the viral replication machinery for so long that your body is able to kill the infected cells itself - therapy lasts 12 to 24 months and yes it is as expensive as Kim Kardashian's tit milk.

Plus, who the fuck is going to be buying expensive antivirals in Rio!? Absolutely nobody - the goal of this has to do with the virus itself and whatever effect it has on fertility.

Do we routinely modify viruses for lulz? You betcha
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3278644/pdf/bact0102_0066.pdf

That's exactly why they want to spread it to the first world. They know that that's where the money is. Rio is just the staging grounds. Once the rich populace has Zika, all they have to do is pump them full of propaganda about how they're going to have Zika babies and the only cure is this new wonder drug that they've created.

God help us

Shit guys fuck this! Cancel the Olympics and nuke Rio. Lets kill all fucking mosquitoes already, Jesus.

This guys into something.
We need to screencap this thread upon completion for Sup Forums predictions.

wtf I'm scurrd nao.

Why can Sup Forums never keep a fucking decent thread bumped?

Hopefully the Plague(tm) will target mostly degenerates.

I cannot shake the suspicion that Russia not only expected their athletes to be banned, but is not the least bit upset about it.

I've been checking journals and haven't found a good mechanism behind why it causes microcephaly. Some other infections during 1st trimester can fuck with babby since that's a critical window when fetal cells are differentiating into organs.

But what I've read makes it sound like Zika infection not only causes abnormally high viremia (lots of copies floating around in blood) relative to severity of disease, but it directly effects the fetal cells responsible for neural tissue development and stunts their growth.

Vertical transmission is not a common feature for viral illnesses - and ones that do are quite bad.

Some examples:
> HIV
> Measles
> Rubella
> Hepatitis

Another fun fact: viruses are mainly fought off by cell-mediated immunity (T-cells, NK-cells) so there aren't reliable antibodies to test for. Confirming infection means running a resource-intensive PCR test to isolate viral proteins - guess how many people going to the clinic with aches and fever get a Zika virus PCR sent out to the state lab?

Hint: lol

>In most cases, Zika virus infection causes a mild, self-limited illness. The incubation period is likely 3-12 days.[2] Owing to the mild nature of the disease, more than 80% of Zika virus infection cases likely go unnoticed.[2]

You're not thinking big picture enough. Anyone capable of doing that has money, they have the means to make more in less risky and disruptive ways. This would be about control.

Think grey plague from Deus Ex.

Shit man I'm actually a coin toss away from believing this is a planned attack. no meme. Kek reveal your truth.

Checked. Fuck me its a coming habbening.

I think an even greater conspiracy which is just as probable to be true is that Russian authorities made the voluntary decision to not send their athletes to Rio and the Rio Olympics marketing committee spun it around to say they were "banned" so that it wouldn't incite a greater Zika-scare in a domino effect. It would also help the globalist agenda of turning Russia into an enemy in the public eye, so it would be a nice "save" by them.

Fuck me, I remember that image by heart...

I won't be worried until Madagascar closes its ports.

brb, bying last ticket to Madagascar

what if putin orchestrated getting the russian team banned on purpose because he thought this exact same thing?

Kek pls stop this madness

I think they could probably get all the data they wanted on their own without letting a bunch of middle schoolers play flash games during computer classes.

kek has answered.

somebody really needs to come up with an "anti viral" the same way there are already antibiotic drugs and they need to do it damn quickly

>Putin
>this whole time
>playing 4D chess

Would make sense

I don't think its chemically possible without killing the host. Most antibiotics are going to be useless in 100 years because we over use the shit out of them.

So move to Alaska then?

I think kek might be trying to tell us something.

>Most antibiotics are going to be useless in 100 years

Try now. We've already started to get untreatable MRSA strains in hospitals across the globe. Only a matter of time now while they spread.

Anywhere cold or dry is pretty good. Away from mosquitoes. Get a book on disaster planning and fortify your home.

Kek has spoken

The amount of hinting Kek has given us on this thread is next level. Believe 4 kek. Zika habbenings coming.

Man I need to move to the northern tier of my state and live innawoods. Fuck this shit, man.

>mfw the future is full of pinheads
The circus is going to be fucking FANTASTIC.

Bill O'Reilly pls it's way past your bed time.

Honestly this makes more sense than I care to admit.

Like the IOC ever gave a flying 3rd phalanx about "ethics", and they choose to ban Russia - and Russia alone - for the nonspecific "doping" offence that every participating country has been guilty of? Weren't there some Chinese gymnasts who hadn't reached the age of consent? Didn't American athletes have some notable "doping" snafus at other events?

Hearing from a few Russians on here, it sounds like RT has spun this as a nothingburger and Putin himself even "owned up" to it. Since when the fuck does a nationalist country that lives for wrecking people in the Olympics (and will be hosting one in the future!) suddenly not care they're banned entirely?

No Russian athletes = no Russian fans too. Seems advantageous for many Russian citizens...

Yeah this year has me believing in a goddamn entropic frog god, consider my disbelief for 2016 suspended...

woods won't help unless you have a way to protect yourself from mosquitoes completely. It's not a nuke. woods might be the worst place to be.

Anyone else think the Zika babies look kinda like Shrek's children?

Atheists for kek!

Which means that looking at the list of countries that are attending the Rio Olympics will be like looking at the list of the direct supporters of the big pharma Zika con of 2016. Every single country participating in the Rio Olympics has a government that is in bed with the pharmaceutical companies that are getting geared up to start selling drugs and therapies to unwitting masses who catch Zika. How much money could the pharma companies be offering these governments to get them to become complacent with a health hazard in their own country. Is it even money they are using them to bribe with, or is there an even greater reason for a country's government to want to be in on this Zika conspiracy? What would be this greater reason I wonder?

Hi Mohammad

So far only Russia KNOWs that the Zika attack is incoming. Unless a nations government has intel from inside the Russian conspiracy net they won't have forewarning about the Plague(tm)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=zika virus review

If you don't have a uni/gov/CDC account, filter by "free full articles" on the left side.

Medicine is more redpilled than people realize - journalists can write feel-good paraphrases and dumb it down, but for doctors & scientists, facts is facts.

Do your own digging, user. There's a reason the medical community is so worried about this.

If mosquitoes are the infection vector this map may be helpful reveal who will be hardest hit. Possibly revealing useful power politics info. Are we assuming the Russians are behind Zika?

How come Costa Rica is the only country in it's region that doesn't have those mosquitos? it seems really out of place

Better map.

Is it really true that Ebola chan couldn't get in Madagascar? Something about locking down everything.

Madagascar is an island, in theory just about every single island can isolate itself.

More detailed map of the US distribution of one species of mosquito. (for those of you with BiteFlight)

Holy shit that american probability. It's almost like they designed to to wipe out only the Niggers in the US

Europe distribution.

These things are fucking horrifying.

If my wife somehow gave birth to one, I'd kill it and her.

dammit we are too fucking close and summer is coming soon

Another US map. These maps aren't terribly good because I've lived in both washington and maine, both have mosquitoes during the summer. Distribution is not fully accurate. Still looking for a better map.

Fuuuck. We'll have millions of even more retarded blacks in a few years

The biggest problem with this theory OP is that mosquito borne illnesses will disproportionately affect shitskins while areas with few to no mosquito populations are mostly white. I just don't think our current global rulers, be they corporate America, the illuminati, or da joos, would target blacks and browns with a disease, it goes contrary to everything they've been pushing for decades now.

What if the Illuminati have somehow been infiltrated by heroic rogue agents that are skewing their plans for the benefit of the ubermensch races and we are witnessing a power struggle within our shadow government? There could even be a war happening right now somewhere that we don't even know about that could be deciding the balance of our future.

friendly reminder that even if zika becomes some big scary supervirus that infects everyone, all it's going to do is fuck up areas where niggers can't afford bug spray

even then it just fucks with pregnancy, it's not like fucking 28 days later or something

these fearmongering diseases get dumber every year.. remember that stupid pig flu?

when i see people begging for death in my driveway, mosquitos hungrily devouring them, then i will worry

until then, fuck off with your doomsaying jews

Its the Russians tho. They are the ones who pulled from Rio. (banned for drugs)
Any sane person would want to target areas which are infested with mosquitoes. So it seems like a logical vector for me. Especially for a world population attack. There are way too fucking many people for the resources of this planet and no one wants to deal with the problem.
Zika-chan might be a good thing in 50 years.

Not if Russia is at the helm. Remember that they're being painted as an enemy by the West because they're the last bastion of whites. And if Putin and Trump are chummy, I don't see why Trump should object.

Is it also a coincidence Obongo wants to spend an inordinate amount of money towards Zika research? You know cause, he's apparently gotta be Jesus Christ for all the black and
minority people in this country or something.

We're not worried about babies with weird heads, if Zika is an engineered attack everyone who is infected hypothetically will die. Zika is only stage one, it won't kill anyone immediately. stage 2 will.
Read these posts and everything ITT by purples ID.