To anyone who liked Man of Steel and BvS are you worried that you may not enjoy Wonder Woman...

To anyone who liked Man of Steel and BvS are you worried that you may not enjoy Wonder Woman? I'm worried that it may be to similar to Marvel after reading a few reviews. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a good chunk of the Marvel films but I just don't want DC to play it safe like that.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/30/joss-whedon-justice-league-zack-snyder-exit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seeing it tonight. Hoping it's good.

Gon be #litty

I liked Man of Steel and BvS, I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman. The humour I've seen in the clips has been charming rather than obnoxious, also looks like it has some of Snyder's style to it, which has pissed some people off but is a selling point for me.

Trips of truth!

Its not similar to marvel at all. There are some quips but none are jarring and the movie's not afraid to be serious and show how fucked up war is. The only shitty part is the cgi battle at the end

(Contd) it has a much more grounded, accurate depiction of war and honestly makes captain america 1 look like a joke in comparison.

>I'm worried that it may be to similar to Marvel after reading a few reviews
Its not really that, its more like those reviewers are giving it the same adventages and fair play that they give the MCU movies.

BvS and MoS are fantastic inclusions in the superhero genre. It concerns me that most people see these two as failures. The high praise of Wonder Woman while a good thing for the studio, does concern me that they have traded poignant films for marvelized blandness. BvS and MoS both have grand aspirations of forging a new mythology (regardless of how you feel about them at least they go boldly). Marvel movies have become mouse-ified profit machines.

how?

Actually shows people dying and their limbs blown off

im more worried about a marvel redditor finishing Justice League for Zack

Only liked Man of Steel for the superhuman 'DBZ' battles. The romance and Tornado dad scene were utterly retarded.

Will I like WW?

I'm honestly baffled as to why anyone would willingly pay to see capeshit

The studio just brought him in to finish post production and film two or three extra scenes. It seems that the studio has given Snyder a blank check and despite his absence they want to keep his style and guidance intact.

I'm gay

so TFA has Captain throwing someone into propeller blades.

Yeah absolutely. If DC folds and decides to become Marvel-lite then there'll pretty much be no serious reason to watch their films at all.

*phew*

....like i'm sure it happened every single minute in WW2...nigga get a grip.

I'm a big fan of BvS and MoS but I'm not against movies with a lighter tone

I like diversity (of tone) in my movies. I think most MCU films are fine, I just don't like them as much as Snyder's films because his films have a stronger subtext and are more stylistically distinct. I still like the original Donner Superman films, Raimi's Spider-Man films, I even enjoy the Adam West Batman. I wouldn't hate a movie because it is or isn't "grimdark" you need to be 12 to actually dislike an entire dramatic tone.

The only way I will dislike WW is if the humor tries too hard. That's why I didn't like Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 that much. The first GOTG had more organic comedy and I think it's probably the best MCU film.

of coarse not we only see the part he was involved with.

Bad news, boys
comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/30/joss-whedon-justice-league-zack-snyder-exit/

We did it DC is copying Marvel.

>Implying that there was any reason to watch MOS or BVS

At the end of the day Snyder was the one that made that decision.

Do you think Joss is embracing his inner alpha and taking the control from Zack?

considering the shit casting, yes

That's some Indiana Jones shit brainlet. By your logic Star Wars is a more brutal film than Shoah cus they blew up a planet instead of just gassing a few million.
Historically WWI was a far more bloody war on the battlefield than WWII.

>Historically WWI was a far more bloody war on the battlefield than WWII.
Those b&w vids in The Great War are fucking rough ...

I feel the exact same way. I wouldn't call MoS or BvS good or anything, but I enjoyed both a lot and think they have been over panned. I hope that WW fixes the stupid mistakes instead without removing too much; the few reviewers that I trust make me hopeful.

>brainlet
I had to go get some food but it's good to know I already won.

Even though I suppose I am more of a marvel fanboy, I liked Mos but not really as a Superman movie, it is to mopey and takes too much themes from the dark knight, which for a character like Superman is really weird. And the religious symbolism is absolutely retarded and obnoxious. But I did like it for the fight scenes and as a movie about an alien protecting earth from another alien and kills people by accident. BVS and Suicide squad are fucking trash though. Will I like wonder woman? It is actually a serious question.

>inb4 you just said you are a marvel fan boy so of course you would hate it no matter what the quality of the movie is

If that were true why would I admit to being a marvel fan boy and on top of that LIKING MOS?

It's a Marvel movie with blue filter

I'm sure it's not gonna be as bad as Suicide Squad. Now that's a movie that tried really hard to be like a MCU production and fell flat on its face.

I'm also pretty sure it's not gonna be as good as BvS, though.

I can understand the intentions behind MoS and BvS, even if a few things weren't executed right (namely studio mandates for BvS). But anyone defending Suicide Squad is absolutely retarded. It was a rush job and cut up trying to be GOTG. Anyone not Will Smith or Margot Robbie got the shaft. Only minorities and people under 24 liked the movie.