He doesn't have a CRT set up specifically for for pre-HDTV 4:3 media

>he doesn't have a CRT set up specifically for for pre-HDTV 4:3 media

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stratagema looked like shit. Why didn't they play 3d chess, instead?

>deaf fag
>pc fag

I actually do tho

>he doesn't have a comfy RF-only 80s era TV with wood paneling

post pic

I do want to get a wood decorated console television for my living room when I move into my apartment. However, I don't plan on going with an RFonly television. I will look for a Mitsubishi AM-3501R CRT monitor. It has a wooden case and a round tube. And lots and lots of fancy features.

I used to have one in my old apartment. Best television ever for vintage shows imo.

I do though, I have a PC monitor and then an actual television where I watch DVDs through my PS2.

btw tv in pic is RF only, faux woodgrain and is from 1986 but I refuse to get rid of it. Was using it as my daily kino box until 2012....

Let's see them in action, mang.

Pic of muh old monster CRT taken around 2008. 37" of Toshiba component video glory. I used to download 720p television rips and play them through my PS3 on this and I swear they looked better than any HDTV LCD of the time.

CRT Master Race here, reporting in.
>he doesn't use a Sony D32E1WU BVM
>he doesn't watch his pre-HDTV kino nor play his vidya on it

Nice white trash apartment you got there, user. All you're missing really is the half-dead grandma on oxygen smoking a cigarette.

I have a decent 27" CRT with all the common inputs including component (american), but I haven't found a good solution for playing content that isn't on a retail DVD.

You can use like a PS3 to play files, but you have to convert/remux it because it's allergic to lots of containers like mkv. And then sometimes you get hit with this fucking guy that mutes everything on newer movies if it's not a retail disc:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia

So maybe some sort of video card / HTPC output, but everything looks bad, s-video only. RPi is composite or HDMI only. No good.

>He doesnt have a Component cable to HDMI 1080p upscaler to make his pre-HDTV 4:3 media look good

what a faggot

>he uses a generic upscaler rather than a DVDO iScan VP50pro or a Framemeister
>using upscalers at all
>not watching his pre-HDTV 4:3 media on a BVM

There's always a way around cinavia. Sometimes it's a bit of effort to get what you want on the CRT, but the PS3 is still the simplest and strongest solution for watching video. RGB>Component transcoders exist, as as video cards with component output, but they have caveats that outweigh the PS3's output.

Your HDTV will never look as good as OP's image when dealing with this kind of content.

>not RF to hdmi played back on your combination dvd/vcr set to channel 3
wow

Damn, I can't believe I'm not on /crt/, flexing the retro feels knowledge at a shitpost. Nice quads though.

To be honest I prefer just using component cables and up scaling with my TV.

why would you need to use component? DVD players have HDMI out these days, and VCRs never had component as far as I know.

How do I get around cinavia? I used to bring movies on a flash drive to friends, no more. Now their blu-ray players wait until halfway through and then mute. It's a real buzzkill. Maybe it's easier on PS3 but my dumbass keeps updating the thing with new anti consumer shit features.

Easiest way is to find a version already fixed for download on the internet. Alternative is to rip the dvd/blu-ray and encode it yourself.

oh, and these days you can also transcode on the fly if you have a good enough PC and use a media center application to stream to your PS3 for playback. Or just transcode when you remux the file.

i never got why people are so mad about black bars. it's not like you're focusing on them

But of course I do, how else would I play my ps1/2 too?

The only people mad about black bars have shitty screens with backlight bleed.

I am mad about friends/family that deliberately set the screen to fill and kill the AR, though.

It's just the audio track right? So when I remux to .M2TS there's a way to muck up the cinavia bit so it can't get detected?

I'd say someone has come up with an easy way to get around it by now in the various remuxing programs out there.

Why were they playing games with DOS like graphics in the future?

Why dont you just use a projector , it can be whatever size and resolution you want

black bars are a load of shit no matter what the screen's quality. I was poissed about them when all you had were CRTs and incredibly shitty projectors.

I did use a projector in my room years ago. It was just a shitty 800x600 LCD projector and I used the beige wall of my room as a screen.

It was still awesome. I watched all of Hokuto No Ken on that projector.
>not my pic

>it can be whatever.. resolution you want

Also this isn't true. LCD projectors are fixed resolution like any other LCD display. But if you are using a CRT projector it could be multi-sync.

Black bars degrade the image quality. They steal luminance and resolution from your display.