Bryan Singer Thinks X-Men’s Mystique Deserves a Solo Movie

>I think [Mystique’s] right for [a standalone], whether it’s Jennifer [Lawrence] or not. She has this different view of the world. Xavier can get into Cerebro and look at the world but he’d rather just teach classes and see the beauty of mutants and humans co-existing in his mansion in Westchester. Along comes Raven with a reality check on the state of the world. It opens up a lot of avenues.

>slashfilm.com/mystique-solo-movie/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cXASS7aYIVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Whether it's JLaw or not
Yeah right. I bet singer just want to give the title "Jennifer: the Shapeshifter Sister" to the movie instead of "Mystique"

Bryan Singer Thinks Jennifer Lawrence Is Easy Money

You could literally replace Mystique with Logan and nothing would change in that plot.

Regardless, x-men movies are on the lower end of blockbuster budgets. They cant afford JLaw anymore. Mags and Xavier will probably work for pennies if it means keeping the dream alive. But JL literally hates being Mystique. She will ask the kind of money she thinks she deserves. And there will be not enough budget, luckily.

Just got back from it, how about fucking no? The Mystique wanking in this thing was god awful. Stop this mutant messiah crap

She's only famous for being naked.

>Xavier can get into Cerebro and look at the world
>Not simply making a movie that does not revolve about Xavier and Mags
Oh, wait, this IS Singer we talk about.

To be fair most X-men villains are mustache twirling enemies. They are shit.

You really think McAvoy and Fassbender will want to keep doing X-Men movies?

I wouldnt expect them to. We're 6 or 7 movies in and it doesnt feel like anything has progressed

I don't think it has anything to do with story progression. Would you want to play the same role over and over and over again if you were an actor?

there are X-men villains other than Apocalypse, Magneto, and that white death-esq dude?

Oh no I understand what youre saying. What I meant was all of these movies feel the same hence why theyre kinda shit

I don't think they can/will.
Maybe McAvoy will, but if this pattern continues he'll have to pull off a 50 year old look in the next film. Dude still looks late 20.

Although I'd love a movie in the style of 90s X-Men.

Bastion, Nimrod, Shadow King, Supernovas, Krakoa, which, to be fair, is a fucking island, okay, hold on, I have to go to wikipedia to finish this post. Purifiers, Reavers, Marauders, U-Men, Hellfire Club, a bunch of other assholes that haven't been seen in years because the X-Men are too busy fighting each other, irrelevancy, and Marvel itself.

Emperor Vulcan of Shi'ar.

Singer thinks a lot of things, like fucking coked up and/or drunk teenage boys being a good thing to do

GOD NO. The world does not need more Vulcan! If anything it needs less Vulcan. In face, no Vulcan would be best. Let's just retcon Vulcan out of existence.

A solo movie for her would be kinda awesome, though they should get an actress who actually wants to play the role. Or they could use multiple actress's to do it. There's really no reason at this point that this character needs a 'main' actress to play her.

ScarJo had more enthusiasm playing Black Widow than JLaw did with Mystique.

I don't understand if JLaw hates the 20 hours of makeup why not gave her the white dress?

And yes, a mystique movie is a great idea, that way she will be far away from the normal x-men movies.

>Character who has been butchered from the moment she first appeared on screen
>Only made worse with JLaw's casting
Yeaaahh...lets give her a movie...

It could be because this is, what, the 6th time she's played this character? Right? No, seven! Four Hunger Games movies and three X-Men movies.

I kind of thought Jean was phoning it in

>Bryan Singer is desperately scrambling for job security

Either that or maybe she's just that bad, I don't watch Game of Thrones, but I asked around and people said she's just as bad there.

I think Mystique would be good for a movie, but not with JLaw who is so obviously phoning it in and doesn't even want to do the makeup anymore

>“Fassbender and McAvoy and I were all talking,” she says, “Like, ‘Will you come back?’ ‘I dunno.’ ‘I’ll come back, if you come back.’ Fox should be terrified because the deal we made was like if one of us doesn’t come back, none of us are.”

>“I would love to come back,” says Lawrence. “I love the fans and I love the character. But then you realize how important your year is, like how important three months out of your year is. I don’t know. I shouldn’t be that honest.”

Don't write her off yet. We might get stuck with more JLaw.

Vulcan would be more fitting one movie villain than Apocalypse. And could be taken down by Havok and Cyke fighting their brother.

Apocalypse really could use by being 2 parter.

>But then you realize how important your year is, like how important three months out of your year is.
This is the moment Lawrence realized that her star is turning to brown dwarf.

>Vulcan would be more fitting one movie villain than Apocalypse. And could be taken down by Havok and Cyke fighting their brother.
Why not Cyclops solo movie?

>83430468
Onslaught

enough of fucking Mystique

Are those teeth on it's fucking tongue?

Yes

Jesus fucking...fuck nature. Fuck it. Fuck it in the ass all the way to Hell.

Fine then; we get an X-Men movie that has Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, and Quicksilver on a mission to look into a "hive of mutant activity that Raven found a few years ago".

And we get something involving the X-Men and the Morlocks; set away from the previous movies' "triangle" of Xavier, Magneto, and Jlaw (because let's be honest; she's playing Jlaw, not Mystique).

For further tie-ins to previous movies, Psylocke's involved, and we get Stryker also trying to track down Caliban & co. for military purposes.

In between "Mutants trying to co-exist with humans" and every X-villain ever's "we must crush the humans" mentality, we get the Morlocks "just leave us Mutants the fuck alone, will you?" viewpoint.

There; it's a "reality check" beyond Xavier's dream, and not involving JLaw, as well as cutting out McAvoy and Fassbender if that little rant of her's about an "all of us or none of us" pact is true.

I am unsure that Cyke could take on Vulcan on his own.Together with Havok? Sure. Alone? Doubtful.

Also, making Vulcan would be easy in FOX-Men universe. Make him middle brother, and astronaut. Boom, none of the more weird elements of Summers family.

And use the energy form Darvin being stuck to Havok ever since 60s as explanation on how Havok survived the explosion.

He doesn't toss the salad, he trims the cabbage.

Actually spikes and they have a good reason to be there.

The female goose has a very perplexing and hard to satisfy vagina.

If it was her original actress sure otherwise fuck off.

What's with his fucking mystique boner jesus christ she nearly singe handedly ruined the past 2 movies

Only if it give Rouge something to do.

I miss the old Mystique.

I'm pretty for sure he's fucking her and that's the only reason she's around considering how much hate she's getting from the fans.

Yeah but JLaw has been increasingly resistant to being in the xmen movies since the Hunger Games movies.

Apparently last movie it was her idea to not be blue most of the time.

>I love the fans
....do you?

i just want some decent shots of Mystique's feet for once

>Brian Singer
>fucking a woman

Romijin was best, fuck Jlaw for not understanding the whole point of Mystique.

Doesn't Rogue deserve to be better character and a better actress?

Rouge is a better catalyst for this story. She's the only mutant who understands how having powers is not just cool, and humans arent just "bullies" if mutants arent careful they get innocent people killed. Mutants protect the world by living in isolation would be a story that would work a hell of a lot better for rogue.

She was afraid of getting cancer from the body paint. Or more like she didnt want to sit in a makeup chair for 3 hours

Jlaw carried the other x-men movies. I don't see why she can't carry her own

That's the only blue thing he is fucking.
(and the beast)

nice b8

The have changed the formula from what I heard and plus its mostly a body suit for Jlaw.
I don't think the new nightcrawler used one at all.
So its was basically her complaining that phased out the real mystique.

Singer fucks questionably aged twinks, not grown women.

but jennifer lawrence was the worst part of the last movie

jesus christ singer, is she sucking your dick and that's why she has such a large role in all the movies?

stop it with the fucking xmen movies

I think the only good Mystique movie would be a "Rogue" origins in which Mystique is a terrorist, along with Pyro, Blob and the gang.

But that is impossible because Singer made Mystique a hero.

Only if mystique impersonates Russell Crowe for 90% of the movie

>I'm pretty for sure he's fucking her
I take it you don't know who Brian Singer is.

Can't really blame him on that.

Mystique in the X-Men movies is a legitimately interesting character. Like she could hold her own movie by being this mercenary-esque force that does what she wants when she wants and is goddamn great at it. I could see a movie with her as the protagonist that doesn't really want to help until something happens that makes her straight up revenge mode. She's basically been "The Bride" from Kill Bill since her inception, just sexier.

>Two hours of Straight Non-Blue Mystique In Name Only

You can fuck right off with that

>She's the only mutant who understands how having powers is not just cool, and humans arent just "bullies" if mutants arent careful they get innocent people killed.

Except that's also a core p aww rt of both Cyclops and Havok's characters in the comics, because they have barely controllable energy weapons as part of their bodies.
Scott was angsting about "muh deadly powers" from daybone of the X-men.

I like the dynamic Xavier, Magneto and Mystique have. Xavier is the one who thinks there's a peaceful way, Mystique is the one who thinks some people need to be rubbed out and Magneto is the one who thinks everyone needs to be rubbed out. They balance each other well.

It's too bad Apocalypse did them all such a dis-service.

It depends on if they make the role interesting for them each time. Give them something to really push their acting skills with.

Sophie Turner does fine as Sansa, but she's not an especially great actress. She was particularly flat as Jean but I actually didn't mind her.

I just think she's cool though so Im bias.

I know it's wrong but... I kind of want the supposed next X-Men film with Pheonix and Shi'ar to lead into an Emperor Vulcan one.

I know I'm sick. I'll just let myself out.

I wonder what film making tricks they would use to keep us associating the various actresses (actors?) with each other.

He's already said he's going to take a break. Funnily enough, before the film came out, he was saying how he wanted to keep making X-Men films because he loves the characters, world, etc.

What I think happened is he was lazy with Apocalypse, thought it was a great time and would totally collect that fat cheque to do it again... and then the Criticism nation attacked.

God, I want to see that Nightcrawler dressed up in slutty girls clothes so bad.

Oh for fuck sake can we get off the Mystique is awesome train and focus on some good characters?

Make it like the glorious Cyclops comic where he hung with the Starjammers and I'm in.

>mutant who understands how having powers is not just cool

I really felt this aspect was missing from Apocalypse.

Oh fuck off, Singer. She's the fucking reason Why these X-Men films annoy me. I swear it feels like shes been the main focus of the past 3 fucking films. Standalone film. Suck my dick, piece of shit. Same faggot who'd rather put Wolverine in black leather rather than his iconic suit.

Actually, this would work really well. The best X-Men films so far have had sympathetic or well intentioned but relatable extremists as villains.

So you want Nocturne or Kurt like that?

>I kind of want the supposed next X-Men film with Pheonix and Shi'ar to lead into an Emperor Vulcan one.
Well, it seems we're on the same boat...

the difference is that cyclops doesn't periodically fuck up at controlling his powers and kill someone whose soul then lives in cyclops' head for the rest of his life.

she's his fag hag

youtube.com/watch?v=cXASS7aYIVM
That was quick.

Even without this, the latest film didn't have anything similar to the end of the first film where Scott couldn't open his eyes without killing Jean when they took his visor (correct me if I'm wrong).

I thought that scene was excellent because it really highlights how these so called gifts can quickly turn on some x-men.

Kurt dressed like Nocturne, please.

I miss Rebecca Mystique

Pretty sure she's what gave me my blue girl fetish

JLaw is just so awful though

What does she hate about the role

I really wanna see what she's up to in the revised timeline future. Without the baggage of Magneto's betrayal, her revenge, and the "cure"... you could go pretty much anywhere with her story.

Rebecca Romijn still looks great (not that it matters much since her Mystique was blue most of the time). She should play Mystique throughout the movie, with maybe some flashbacks with Jennifer Lawrence's younger Mystique.

It sounds a lot more like Fassbender and McAvoy would stick together amongst themselves. They're bros.

I'm not sure that anybody really gives a shit about her. She's turning into Sarah Michelle Gellar 2.0.

William Stryker redux

At least half the X-Men stories involve the following things that have already been done

>phoenix
>apocalypse
>nimrods/sentinels
>time travel fuckery

The only thing left for them to do that's remotely original is Onslaught

>Hank was fleshy and pink for most of the film.
>Still couldn't make Kurt fuzzy for fucking once.

It's not like CGI hasn't reached that point yet. Why is it so hard?

When both Mystique's appear in Eric's bed I lose it.

Fur/hair is still one of the trickier parts of CG. Give it another 5 years.

It's hard to get semen out of fur, even a costume. He wouldn't be able to give Brian Singer a BJ in between takes anymore.

>Onslaught
FX-MU Onslaught should be...interesting.