When did House of cards start getting terrible?

When did House of cards start getting terrible?

Season 1, Episode 1

I'd say right around the threesome scene was when I decided it was not good. I did finish that season tho.

last season.

>introduction of conway
>departure of remy + jackie
>no freddy
>claire as vp
>war on old japanese ps2 games
>surveillance parallels
>massive reduction in frank's audience rants

this season has still been more of a mess.

Season 3, Episode 1

Season 2

This. I stopped at that point.

fpbp

/thread
I gunned the rest of that season on 2x then that was it. Glad I didn't waste my time.

Urquhart would have never let this happen

best Mara and a train

When you decided, without a hint of irony, to vote for Donald Trump to become Commander in Chief. You absolute mad man.

When Claire poisoned Thomas Yates.

That singular moment killed the entire show.

Is that really how it ends? I might not even watch the rest of this season. Claire is so boring and terrible. She just holds the show back. They've been giving the actor who plays her too much power and influence over the show and she's trying to pull her muh wage gap feminism I should be equal bullshit. You can't force yourself to be equal to Frank. You just aren't as interesting.

Lame.

Some of us tried. We tried to get Bernie because we KNEW Hilldawg would lose. We still voted for her despite everything. But the fucking boonies fucked us once again and had to vote for Trump so they could let him fuck our country.

I didn't vote for this. House of Cards is nothing compared to real life someone please help.

>Don't ever cheat on my wife again

so how did it end and what are the highlights?

Season 4 sucked so much I stopped watching

Does she really become the showrunner in this season?
I only ever watched it for Kevin Spacey and every scene with her made me want him to kill her.

yeah i stopped watching then

Tom gets killed by Claire after they both tell each other they love each other and Tom rights a book with all the details of everything they've ever done.

Two literally who's advise Frank and Claire and act as some unseen phantom rulers and it's boring.

NSA guy gets killed and gives LeAnn some hacked stuff.

LeAnn and Doug fuck. Doug pretends to kill Zoe to get Frank off.

Claire becomes president.

All in all pretty boring.

Sooooo Frank is not the fucking main character anymore?

What? So is this the last season or something?

I'm on episode 10 of S5 and I'm really enjoying it. Sup Forums is always so harsh on the show and I don't get why.

Frank's epic twist is that he was just pretending to be retarded the whole season. Alhough he actually was.

I don't get it, nothing about his behavior was retarded. Did you even watch the show? Are you memeing or something?

Great show but I can see how they're trying to twist it into our current state of affairs and that bores the fuck out of me.

Also Claires degeneracy in the white house really irks me and Yates is such a whiny cunt.

To be honest Claire is everything wrong with this show.

Claire is pretty awful but I'm surprised people don't like Tom.

Because he's not a power obsessed cunt and actually reads the human side of people? I dunno.

>When did House of cards start getting terrible?

When Frank became President

So why does Frank give up his power as president?
It's the one fucking thing he cares about in life and the whole reason why he started his crusade from the beginning.

Because the writers do not know what they are doing and Robin Wright is pushing the gender equality angle too hard.

2>1>3>5>4

because they want to write their 'what if killary won' fantasy

my only hope is that claire turns out to be just the same as frank but more of a warmonger

>Is that really how it ends?
Yes it does.

>They've been giving the actor who plays her too much power and influence over the show and she's trying to pull her muh wage gap feminism I should be equal bullshit.

she is also directing the show and has been executive producer for the show. I have no fucking Idea why.

1 = 2 > 4 >>>> 3> 5

At this point I'm wondering how much last year's election affected the ending of this season. I feel that if Hillary had won there would be no way this season would have ended this way.

Christ she's taking over and turning herself into a Mary Sue for her own personal female power fantasy, fuck Robin Wright man.

I'm so glad this shit never happened to the Sopranos or other good shows.

>Season 1
>Underwood is down and almost out, he has to work long and hard to get back to the top
>oh boy I can see this being drawn out but very good as he slowly climbs the ladder
>Season 2
>"lol I'm president now"
>"wait what do you mean we ran out of plotlines"

Frank never wanted to become Prez in the beginning, he was okay what he had, he just liked fucking with people/having some control over others.

This is just plain shit posting, you aren't even talking about the show, you keep bringing out outside elements, that you're convince are part of the show because you want them to be.

And Robin Wright has directed episodes in the past seasons as well. Why do guys hate women so much?

Robin please go, you ruined what made the show so interesting.

Can we have a HoC thread that doesn't have rampant sexism? it's killing the convos desu

are you kidding me? claire is a weakness in franks design, she is the one that constantly puts a spanner in the works

Can someone explain to me why did LeAnn contact her and asked her to find McCallan in Russia? Also, why did LeAnn keep behaving like she didn't know why McCallan left the country to get away from the Underwoods? She knew that he helped with illegal analysis of voter data and social media fraud, didn't she?

I wish, but the very genuine criticism of "Robin Wright is not Kevin Spacey" unfortunately gives cover to all the shithead conservicucks to shit on women.

That's the problem nowadays. Give even an inch and the bitter and malicious will take it to the extreme as if you agree with them. Every time.

I think the same happened with South Park last season.

So am I the only one having a difficult time following the plot?
Maybe I'm a retard but they keep bringing in characters and shit from last season that I don't remember and the characters are name dropping folks for 3 seasons ago that I sure as hell don't remember. I had to stop after 6 episodes because I was so lost.

You may be a little dumb for not being able to reason it out. But yeah it's a mess all over.

Also Jane Davis and Marsh are boring as all holy fuck.

2 years ago at least. I've been just watching it so I have something to talk about with my normie friends

I hate that this show is so popular and that I know absolutely no one outside of this board that watches The Americans

>it's OP doesn't realise the show is about Clintons being supervillains episode again

yep

Around season 2

What if she gets fucked next season? Would be worth a watch.

Why was getting Hammerschmidt refocused on Zoe's murder and blaming Doug for the murder even necessary? How does that help anything? Was all the other shit Frank implicated himself in to draw out the impeachment process not enough?

claire, is shit, i dont care about the actress, every step of the way she fucks up royally and it always has to do with her emotional state or her pride, it has nothing to do with sexism.

see the point of the show is that both frank and claire got where they are because of their power relationship.

but in the last 5 or so years that the series covers she has very clearly lost the plot and keeps trying to go off on her own or just fuckaround because she feels underappreciated or whatever, point is she knew what she was getting into and she's lucky she hasn't found herself pushed in front of a fucking train like the other people who fuck with frank

Season 2 wasn't that bad. Season 3 was the worse by far since Frank suddenly grew a conscience and it fucked him over.

3 and 4 were just total horseshit to watch and 5 is already being panned harder than iron fist.

>fire your wife if you want me to work with you

DROPPED. Officially became a soap opera.

robin wright was offered a producer and director role for whatever reason, and pretty much the entire series went to shit right after that.

The only interesting thing in season 5 was third camera-aware character.

This is what happens when you remake an already spotless British original show. Same thing happened with Life On Mars

Where did Davis come from? Some random lady that knows everyone in the world and that happened to have clearance to be in the bunker?

Frank's twist didn't come out well either, it barely made sense for the character.

So this is the final season right?

Why does it matter that an unlikable character is now in the driver's seat?

OFFICIAL CANON REVIEW OF SEASON 5: spoilers ahead

1. Very sloppy all around. I can't count the number of times the presidency was conceded, exchanged, and transferred.

2. The entire investigative journalism angle is shit. I knew this by deliberately skipping all the scenes concerning any journalism and by the final episode there wasn't a SINGLE part of that subplot directly affecting Clair or Frank.

3. The pseudo-Bohemian Grove episode was pointless and very poorly done. Frank basically walks around doing absolutely nothing and then gets a Deus Ex Machina to take Conway down. Absolute trash.

4. Conway's arc was wasted, but I liked how it showed him slowly cracking from PTSD as the presidency became more contested.

5. Claire's affair with the speechwriter went absolutely nowhere. Utterly pointless.

6. You can tell they based the large events predicting Hillary would win and then when filming the episodes had to switch a few plot points to account for the Trump presidency. Best example is Frank wanting to close borders to everyone randomly when it has no bearing on the story. It's just mentioned for half an episode and then never talked about again, but the broad points couldn't be changed (Claire being pres) so they just went with it.

7. Frank unnecessarily makes himself exposed to a new sex scandal with that young man when his character wouldn't do that at this point in time. The affair with Zoey was done because it was necessary and was more discreet. The president isn't gonna talk with his gay lover in broad daylight.

8. You can tell how the series will end based on the final scenes of this season. Frank gets angry that Claire won't pardon him and they destroy each other in the process. Doug probably kills Claire while Claire's new lady adviser will prob hire someone to kill Frank. Either way it'll end cause of internal divisions and not from any external forces.

Feel free to disagree. These were just some thoughts I came up with while working today.

>According to the production company behind "House of Cards," Media Rights Capital, it's not possible for Wright and Spacey to earn the same pay because Spacey is one of the founding producers of the show. Instead, Wright has been given an executive producer credit and opportunities to direct episodes.

I mean...what the fuck is wrong with this woman? she's in a really good tv-series, playing alongside kevin fucking spacey, and she whines so much that they give her a director role which she uses to fuck up the entire thing.

Because instead of just ending the show on a high point, it's gonna end up dragging out for a few more seasons before low ratings get it cancelled.

I dislike Claire because she's been objectively terrible whenever she's had power herself yet demands to fail upwards into ever-better positions.

This whole endeavor has been about Frank's political career, she's always been a support player yet feels like she's owed more despite having built nothing herself.

Frank articulated all of this during season three and the first part of season four, then gets struck by the deus ex vagina and does a 180, prostrating himself before Claire and acting like she puts the sun and moon in the sky--it was fucked.

Doug was my guy during this whole process, the person who saw this all happening and got rightfully pissed.

Complaining about equal pay in fields like entertainment is almost as idiotic as complaining about equal pay in professional sports. Obviously you're only worth as much as your star power brings to the table. Does this idiot think if Kevin Spacey co-starred in some movie next to Jennifer Lawrence, he'd be getting more money as well because he's a man?

Why do you think that?

Oh lawd what a fucking retard.

>this fucking scene

Can this show GET any worse?

Season 6 better be the last season, theres no way this show can keep going

So Frank decided to slowly self-sabotage his own presidency and threaten sabotaging Claire's career to spook the magical mystery woman with a boner for Claire and make her set him up in the private sector, all because he slipped in the woods?

Was Tusk Frank's only enemy that wasn't a complete dummy for him to beat up like walker and conway?

I got bored with it at some point in season 3 when the gay dude killed himself in prison. Haven't picked it back up since.

After Frank got the presidency. It should've been a arc where Season 3 is him trying to maintain control while the scandals hit and season 4 should've been the last season where all his evil deeds came back to haunt him and it all comes tumbling down like a House of Cards

4 seasons at 13 episodes = 52 episodes. 52 cards in a deck

this show should have been 3 seasons max, now its just diluted with horrible b-plots. only thing in netflix's pipeline is altered carbon and they'll find a way to fuck that up. ever since marco polo bombed netflix is too scared to take chances on something that isn't a shitty 30 minute comedy or capeshit. stranger things will go the away of true detective and be a victim of its own popularity. Sup Forumstards will say withcer tv series but we all know it will have lesser budget that iron fist and the characters will just ride horses to castles and town to talk and any monster action will be at beast 3 episodes.

when it didnt end with him being president

what position of power is higher?

is he going to become king of the earth? The show was good because it made progress, how can it progress when the characters have nothing to progress too?

Except you are wrong asshole. Bernie voters turned to Trump because they fucking hate Hillary you stupid asshole

this was clearly written in the Hillary timeline kek

Why did they have to do a whole 'frank is a racist who only thought of him as the help all along' bit? He's evil enough without fucking up the one humanising element

It's based on a British Series, right?

How did the British Series end?

Season 1 was great
Season 2 was good
Season 3 was dogshit
Season 4 was entertaining shlock
Season 5 was just horrible

Frank becomes PM -> Frank forces abdication of a King -> Frank goes too far and gets fucked somehow in way I can't remember

you can't have the rise without the fall, that's what made the original bong series a classic, but that of course will be dragged out another 3 years. gotta hit that 100 episodes so you can jew someone else for the syndication rights and today you have that for tv and streaming.

Wait, the King/Queen of England still has power? I thought it was just a ceremonial title and it just exists because the royal family owns a fuckload of land and is rich as fuck

The British House of Cards handled this well, he had to deal with a hostile monarch and eventually a conspiracy against him

Guess it doesn't really translate that well to the US political system

so why the fuck doesn't she pardon him ? it's """"""""her turn""""""""""" anyway, what did the poor old cuck do this time

>implying she won't

The first half of season 6 will be Claire basically making Frank her bitch and making him bend the knee (I'm the one in control now, not you) and basically it'll be Frank conspiring against his wife to bring her down too as well as himself

They have executive powers to finalize everything passed through Parliament. Many historical treaties and legal conditions in the Commonwealth actually rely on the Crown existing for them to be still binding.

House of Cards barely has anything resembling Trump or even Hillary though. Sure the Underwoods are obvious Clinton stand-ins but there was really nothing there that was some Trump stand in.

Conway was more Romney than anything.

I don't see it unless S6 is written by Louise Mensch, S5 so far is like if every single "This is how Trump can be stopped" fantasy came true at once

I suspect the original showrunner felt the same way. Look at his departure. I bet there was some stuff that went down behind the scenes. Netflix hardly ever cancel series, and he probably thought that the story was stretched too thin

This show should have ended in Season 3. It could have been one of the greatest shows.

I don't even have the strength to finish Season 5 I'm so disgusted.

he might as well have pushed her up a ramp over a shark...

i mean the other killings were far fetched, but REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY

patrician taste

it's like a microcosm for the past 100 years in the western world gee wiz

Basically the real problem with House of Cards is it's actually two shows trapped in one.

The original idea was 'let's remake HoC the British series' but somewhere along the line they realised that 'strong female leads' are really trendy right now, so they've shoehorned Claire from a support into a lead, but then every once in awhile they remember the shoe is about Frank.

The real issue is that the writers don't want to write a show about Frank Underwood anymore, they're just obligated because that's what the fans want and it works better, they wish they could just make it about Claire.

Jesus look at her marriage history

"After breaking up and getting back together,[12] Wright and Penn married in 1996, and she changed her name to Robin Wright Penn.[13] Their on-and-off relationship seemingly ended in divorce plans, announced in December 2007,[13] but the divorce petition was withdrawn four months later at the couple's request.[14] In February 2009, Wright and Penn attended the 81st Academy Awards together, at which Penn won Best Actor. Penn filed for legal separation in April 2009,[15] but withdrew the petition in May.[16] On August 12, 2009, Wright filed for divorce declaring she had no plans to reconcile.[17][18] At that time she dropped "Penn" from her professional name.[19] The divorce was finalized on July 22, 2010.[20]
In February 2012, Wright began dating actor Ben Foster,[21] and their engagement was announced in January 2014.[22][23] The couple called off their engagement in November 2014,[24] but reunited in January 2015.[25] On August 29, 2015, they announced they were ending their second engagement."

I thought she was supposed to be an actor in HOC, not her usual self

i still don't why celebs marry each other. i can't even imagine the amount ego and self entitlement from years of being surrounded by people doing your bidding would be like in a regular household. im surprised marriages last longer than a few weeks.

For most celebrities, the only people who don't endlessly talk about how they're Captain Picard or the wizard from Harry Potter or the gay guy from Friends are other celebrities.

Also, people tend to date within their social circles.

Watched 3 episodes of this season and found myself not caring about most things happening on the screen, especially the underwoods. I think Doug, Seth and the reporter scenes are the only decent ones left
Does it get better?

S3
Francis acts like a control freak, gradually pissing off all the powerful ministers around him
Pisses off the Foreign secretary causing him to challenge as the leader
Francis' crimes get brought up, as well as a war crime he committed when he was a soldier
His wife and the MI5 chief assassinate him to preserve his legacy