I'M NO MAN

I'M NO MAN

so does that mean an elf, dwarf, orc, etc could kill him as well?

Impressive, very nice.

What did he mean by this?

but she got help from pippin, who is male.......

Yup pippin weakened him with the magic dagger that enabled eowyn to kill the witch king

that was merry you absolute troglodytes

Check these

Yes, it's like this story I read once. Sometime during the middle age a man who made a deal with the devil was caught a due to be beheaded, but he's not worried the devil told him no man can kill you, the executioner even drops dead before the execution. The man is confident no one else they found could kill him either, except it's the executioners wife who's beheads him.

It wasnt that merry, he got hurt quite bad.

Yes. In fact, a halfling was instrumental in his downfall. Merry delivered the blow that made him drop to his knees so Eowyn could stick her sword into his face.
It wasn't about HURR WOMYN ARE SUPERIOR. Witch-King believed in the prophecy that he wouldn't be killed by any living man. Turns out that prophecy was true, but it was a case of Exact Words.
>expected a man
>got tag-teamed by TWO people, a male halfling (mit a man in terms of species) and a human female (thus not a man in terms of sex).

it was the dagger, doesnt make who stabs him with it, even a man could

See also: MacBeth. Relevant tropes: Literal Genie, Exact Words, Prophecy Twist, Older Than Dirt

Sure it was the dagger and literally everyone weilding it could've done it, but: The Witch-King had been told that "no living man" would kill him. He took this to mean "I'm fuckin' invincible!", but whoever made the prophecy had seen that he could and would be killed just worded it so carefully that it led to the Witch-King being overconfident.

Get the picture?

Yeah but no man ever did it, this is the point

Only a man can stab someone without a weapon, though.

Literally anyone with a Numenorean blade COULD have killed him. The prophecy was that someone other than a man WOULD kill him.

>kills most powerful guy on the battlefield
>pshttt nothin personnel kid

VERY personnel kid, though. She only took him on because his fell beast had lethally wounded her dear uncle and was about to eat him alive.

I like to think that there was a time not so long ago when a scene like this would just happen and the women would enjoy it for what it was as a nod to a female heroine moment in what was otherwise a male dominated movie, and no one else gave a shit and people moved on without a second thought.