Explain how La La Land lost for Moonlight

I watched last night and it was horrible. If they wanted to make a movie about self-discovery, why didn't they let Juan alive as love interest instead of the other boy?

>I watched last night and it was horrible
Retard

gay black people.

Obongo and Loretta Lynch still had power were flexing muscle. The Oscar for Moonlight was part of a quid pro quo for BLM dissolving. I don't think it's a fair exchange but the BLM leaders certainly did. Seen any of their protests since right before the Oscars?

Moonlight is a 8/10, La La Land is a 7.5/10

Le highschool musical Hollywood circlejerk vs accurate, realistic depection of fag

L3 is pure escapism and nostalgic fluff. Moonlight is a serious drama with some clever low budget film making.

You the only man that ever touched me.

The true question was how Maherasha Ali won the Oscar. Sure he was different than in House of Cards, but he wasn't really deserving of an Oscar. Jeff Bridges and Hugo Weaving deserved it more

>L3 is pure escapism
No

literally forgot both movies existed

I hate musicals and moonlight was decent
made me cry desu

>Hugo Weaving
For Hacksaw Ridge? Get the fuck out of here. Michael Shannon is the one who actually deserved it.

>Maherasha Ali won the Oscar

He had 30 minutes of screenplay, looking autistic and ironic the whole time, he was acting way better in Luke Cage. Moonlight was an easy role for him.

I don't even hate musicals, but La-La-land was just bland and tryhard. Didn't watch Moonlight yet.

Moonlight is a decent film that won because the nearest challenger was LLL, which is just a Hollywood circlejerk.

Hobestly Cinema is going to shit. Qippy superhero movies and sugary drinks are all people care about now.

>le hollywood circlejerk meme

i hate musicals but enjoyed La La Land

Jesus Christ, can you please read your posts before posting. Anyway, Moonlight won because it's a well done relatable three episode drama that carries a lot of story nuances and themes along with it. While the protagonist is a minority in real life and their own community, the themes present is universally relatable. Being an outcast, how one's background affects their development in life, and struggling to find one's own identity are universally applicable, so the "it was done for politics" excuse doesn't fit. In terms of looks, the film carries a lot of vibrant and standout shots that give the story a unique look, compared to the drab scenery you get in recent dramas.

La La Land was a good movie too, it was well shot and well directed, but it doesn't compare to Moonlight. It isn't as well written or acted.

More niggers and women were allowed to vote this year.

OSCARS

TOO

WHITE

niggers

Fucking retard. Anyone who thinks La La Land was deserving of any accolades besides cinematography is beyond saving.