/doa/ general

Amber is a crazy bitch
In other news, I've been banned from the DOA wiki:
walkypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:3598

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Talk:Ruined_FOREVER
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Previous Thread:

Amber falls on both of them, killing them instantly.

Wow people were talking about me in that thread.

ARE YOU BECKY?!

n-no I'm not becky

LESBIANLESBIANLESBIANLESBIANLESBIANLESBIANLESBIANLESBIANLESBIANLESBIANLESBIANLESBIAN

We're all Becky user

Say it with me

I am Becky, Lesbian and Proud.

I AM BECKY, LESBIAN AND PROUD

I

AM

BECKY

LESBIAN

AND

PROUD

When everyone is Becky, no one is

Fuck you, Becky, I love God and Mary!

Why not both? The bible's pretty much fine with lesbians.

Fuck off you cocksuckers

Nobody wants to read this shit

It irritates me that Willis can earn so much money and attention, while still not being able to effectively write a villain character. He should be seeing the treatment of Mary as a learning experience, and hell, even the reaction to Toedad as a learning experience. Maybe a chance to see, 'hey, maybe all my villains don't need to be one-dimensional psychopaths', or, 'hey, maybe my villain is more sympathetic than my designated hero'.

But, hey, he's happy keeping his comic the illustrated form of Buzzfeed, so, whatever earns him cash.

Wanted to give Carl a nice bulge, but couldn't get it to look right

Nobody wants to see a villain whose politics they disagree with who isn't a baby-devouring psychopath. If you make them nuanced then they might come off as sympathetic, and then people might switch to the wrong side.

Way too feminine. Now she just looks like a flat tomboy.

One idea that was floated in the last thread that I thought was really interesting was the idea of doing a series of videos on DoA chronologically. Since the timeline is super fucked up, I think a half-decent narrator listing off every stupid thing that happens each day would be pretty amusing.

You could also keep running tallies like for "racism" or "times mary gets shat on" and stuff.

I think it'd be a good way of mocking the absurdity of it without being labelled as just hateful or mean-spirited, and youtube's viewers are more fluid than stratified tumblr and twitter cliques. As long as you keep it light-hearted and friendly at first, of course.

>mfw I decide the politics of my villains by closing my eyes and picking from a list of political ideologies on a .txt file

That way, no one can be offended, and I get a varied, colorful series of villains.

Who lives in her own world which no one can see
BIG DYKE BECKY
Homeless and shouty, self-absorbed is she
BIG DYKE BECKY
If you are an autist who thinks she's your match
BIG DYKE BECKY
She'll run off and dump you chasing her best friend's snatch
BIG DYKE BECKY

BIG DYKE BECKY
BIG DYKE BECKY
BIG DYKE BECKYYYYYYYYY

Fixed?

It kills Willis that people still see Mary as sympathetic. He tries to shrug it off by saying it proves what bigots everyone is because they didn't want to stone Mary as soon as she misgendered Carla.

In a pretty lazy way, but I suppose so. You really need to work on the shape of her face, though. Look at the faces of the other male characters, like Walky, and try to match them a bit better.

Remember, this is why people say Carla isn't drawn well. She doesn't look like someone who's transitioned, even with the help of millionaire parents - she looks like she was born female.

If this was /qcg/ they would've given her a giant cartoon dick.

Try changing his clothes, make him a nice Christian man in a sweater, pants and a little cross necklace.

With some of his male characters, Willis uses a more square jaw, and generally a longer face. Joe (Square Jaw), Danny and Jason (An Oval, longer than the female faces). However, with some characters he uses the more flattened round face that his females generally have, most notably Walky himself, though I guess that is supposed to be because he is Sal's Twin (even though, in real life male/female twins stop looking exactly like each other after puberty, generally, it's obvious they are still related though)

So, Carl can be a femme-boy. I'm okay with that.

I didn't see Mary as sympathetic since she was kind of a passive aggressive bitch, but Carla sure as hell isn't sympathetic either she's a super cunt.

>queefwhistle.mp3

In attempting to make villainous characters with a clear agenda of hatred, Willis accidentally makes a morally gray area of conflict.

Somebody in a previous thread compared it to Chuck Asay making arguments where the concept was that "the sheer thought of X alone" was enough to support one side or another.

I get you don't want to use her female name, but it's unlikely that her birth name was Carl. People don't often go with a female version of their birth name when they transition.

Every time I go to Sup Forums I see these threads around and the strips themselves always seem to be really meanspirited and full of assholes. What the hell is this Willis' guy's problem?

Is this one of those trick answer things where Carla is already a real boy because you can't change chromosomes?

He's a really shitty webcomic artist who thinks he's God's gift to social justice when in actuality he's gleefully making his side look batshit.

He has psychological issues stemming from his childhood that become blatant upon reading his comics. Recurring themes include hypocrisy within religious people, parental abuse towards their children, and good old-fashioned ignoring an alternative point of view in favor of strawmanning an argument.

I thought the cross on her chest was a loss at first. I need a break

MSPaint can only do so much, get a real drawfag in here who can ape Willis' style

I guess just the head sticking out in the last one wasn't obvious enough?

He's actually flown off the handle about it in the comments multiple times, talking about how unambiguously evil people like Mary are and how treating Carla's actions as even slightly disproportionate (or criticizing them in any way) is tantamount to going out and punching a transwoman in the face.

It's so bizarre. I'm liberal as shit, I get told to go back to hugboxes by newfags who don't even know there used to be an /l/ board, I had a transwoman bridesmaid at my wedding. But even I think Willis is out of his fucking mind. At a certain point of torment people just snap, and while it's still bad and should be framed as bad, you can't simply expect instant hatred for one character who said something mean and one hundred percent forgiveness for another who directly tormented the first character for no reason for hours.

People like Willis are why it's so hard to talk about racism, homophobia, any kind of -ism, because they want to pretend every single racist or homophobe or -ist is an irredeemable monster as opposed to a human being who fucked something up. He's why anyone who does squinty "Asian" eyes in a fun photo explodes when you suggest that's kinda racist, he's why your grandfather thinks he can't be uncomfortable with gay people without two burly bikers storming into his apartment and fucking on the crudenza.

It takes a special kind of stupid to so thoroughly piss off both liberals and conservatives

Each video would have to be about each in-comic day, and talk about all of the subplots in order (so you don't go from Joyce and Sara to Walky and Dorothy to Danny and Amber to Sal to Walky and Dorothy to Joyce and Sara back to Danny and Amber. I'm sure you get my point).

Also one that I hadn't noticed until recently but which bodes really well for his future as a husband and father: using pregnancy as a way to salvage relationship problems.

The "Day 1" video would be an hour long.

i feel ya, but remember willis is a deeply emotionally unstable man. all his actions are basically to rationalize that he is not a mess.

>they want to pretend every single racist or homophobe or -ist is an irredeemable monster
It's easier to pretend you're a crusader for an ultimate good if you paint your enemies as an ultimate evil.

Ah yes. Because suddenly having responsiblity for a tiny helpless poop factory that won't stop crying fixes everything

Because, as much as Willis would like to disagree, he doesn't give a fuck about gay people.

I really just think he hates conservatives so much, he puts gay people in his comics to spite them. Looking at every queer character he's done, he never really gives them any serious development or personality, even by his scant standards of development and personality.

I find it ironic that the two biggest arcs about queer people, both revolve more around an evul right-wing stereotype that harasses the poor faggot, than said queer.

Gay people in Willis' comics have two purposes:

1. To make Willis look good
2. To make Willis enemies look bad, in the form of sinister, angry, Limbaugh-listening homophobes that target the gay people, who are good people because they're not republican.

It's really incredible that Willis has managed to create an incredible psychoanalysis of himself, when he just wanted to make a dumb, politically motivated college comic. DoA become 100x better when you see it as the Author's rage against his conservative parents, and him trying to fight for left-wing causes the only way he knows how, through being an annoying fucking crusader.

I feel bad that he was so fucked up as a kid that he never masturbated til college. However that doesn't excuse him from criticism, or the fact that his comic is doing more harm than good. Just look at these threads, it's just playing up the idea that transwomen are insane people who want to play the victim card to get whatever they want. That isn't helpful for anyone.

well, nobody can say damaged goods applies only to women.

I just think dude needs to see a therapist. which to be fair I say about everyone but c'mon

His Ethan/Danny arc's probably the only healthy queer writing I've ever seen him do, and it's probably only because it's always been a peripheral thing. I wouldn't be surprised if their homophobic parents show up the moment they decide to date.

For someone who hates frank miller so much it sure does seem like he wants to be him.

And it sure does seem like he's bad at it.

This is the comic with the ridiculous anti-religious strawmans, right? Like with the Dad what with the shotgun?

WHORESWHORESWHORES

Yeah, Willis dun fucked up, though, and made his newest religious crusader genuinely sympathetic by accident.

Was that directed at me?

Also, was that from Roomies, or DoA? Are we supposed to agree with her, or not agree with her? Willis confuses me.

I have never seen a character in this comic who wasn't a strawman character.

Yeah, you're in the right place. Welcome to hell, have a handbasket.

>Was that directed at me?
No, that pic was relating to what you said about Willis, and it was from DoA.

So this is one of those "Let's read to watch it burn and see how shitty it can get lolcows" that Sup Forums seems to like right?

what was the context for this? How was Mary wrong?

Exactly.

I don't know the context, and after being banned from walkypedia, I'm not sure i really care to find out.

Oh no he definitely needs to see a therapist, the guy is all sorts of repressed and self hating.

He doesn't believe in it. He distrusts doctors too.

The context was Mary was giving the DA shit for supporting Carla for being trans.

Haha, my bad. I felt like I was getting to that point when I posted that.

Yeah, pretty much. Sometimes people produce OC of the antagonists, like writing Toedad (the crazy guy with a shotgun) as a PTSD-scarred veteran in the middle of a nervous breakdown, and there's been a ton of art and OC of Mary, because she's cute and way more sympathetic, and was only an 'antagonist' because she responded to someone who happened to be trans being a huge cunt to her.

I don't keep up with it much, but sometimes it's fun to lurk in these threads.

The context is Mary just saw Ruth physically struggling to be nice to people. This comment came after Ruth talked to that character who is just Willis with blue hair. Apparently she's a lesbian too (which brings the count up to what, 8?)

Mary isn't wrong, but we're supposed to think she is because she says "the queers".

i'm so conflicted on this because looking at history i totally understand a distrust of doctors and establishment but on the other hand you won't get any better alone.

I remember Roz tried to refer Joyce to a therapist earlier after the whole rape thing. If that's some shitty lead in to an anti-therapy story I will probably actually be mad at this comic.

So it's one of those cases, my dad's like that even though mental illness runs in our family. Still he just thinks it's freud nonsense.

She didn't realize Ruth was in an abusive relationship with the woman she sexually assaulted, she thought she was just constantly intoxicated. Which is kind of funny, given that she's perceptive enough to tell Carla is trans without ever being told that.

I couldn't tell if Mary misunderstood Billy and Ruth's relationship, like she thought they just got drunk all day together, or Willis was unconsciously skewering himself in the most brutal fashion for his own hypocrisy.

>Because she says "the queers"
Has willis ever even interacted with gay people? I'm a bisexual dude with a lot of gay friends and everyone calls each other much worse shit then "queer". And no one bats a fucking eye.

Is Willis a bigger faggot then actual dick suckers ?

You can't- that's THEIR WORD! It's THEIRS!

Well, it looks like Sal's probably going to be mildly inconvenienced, before having a plot contrivance make Amber look even crazier.

To make up for this big load of nothing, here's something from last thread made by an awesome user.

Kuruma Hero Shinjin:

Animated:
>Kuruma Hero Shinjin Prologue: Six episode OVA used to determine if the show was marketable
>Kuruma Hero Shinjin: 78 episode tv series and arguably the most popular part of the franchise
>Kuruma Hero Shinjin: The Movie: Retelling of the first season
>Kuruma Hero Shinjin: Ignition: Four episode OVA based on unused concepts that forms an alternate universe
>Kuruma Hero Shinjin: 52 episode tv series that is a direct continuation of the first series but is usually considered a distinct entry by the fandom due to the three year break in production between the shows
>Kuruma Hero Shinjin Eternal: Movie retelling the second series

Print adaptations:
>Kuruma Hero Shinjin: manga series that covers the first series though its plot diverges rougly around episode 55
>Kuruma Hero Daisuke: manga series following the story of a minor character from the first OVA
>Kuruma Hero Shinjin: The Long Road Home: four book light novel series that is basically a shoujo version of the story. Shares little in common other than the characters and basic plot setup

Sequels:
>Kuruma Hero Shinjin the Second: Regear: 26 episode tv series that is the infamous sequel to the franchise, widely panned for arbitrary personality changes, replacement of established characters with new ones, cheap animation, and poor CGI
>Mechanic Wendy: manga series focused on the titular character that serves as an interquel and sequel to the second series

Adaptations:
>Ultracar: 65 episode redub for American television
>Ultra Car: low-budget live action pilot, never aired. Only the theme sequence and toy concepts have been made public.

Pretty good

Someone should do a daisy Duke cut off shorts.

Kind of want to see some slutty Mary edits but part of me feels like that's a sin.

I always wanted Kuruma Hero Shinjin: Ignition to be expanded upon. The alternate universe could have easily carried its own series.

The context was people were telling Willis this, and so he had to put their comment in the mouth of his villain so he didn't have to refute it.

There was also the time Willis and his buddies went all crusader on the TFWiki over comments about female transformers and misogyny which is hysterical when anyone brings up the misogynistic way Mary is treated.

Credit where's it's due, I like how the speech bubble hid what'sherface in the first panel.

It's OK to gaslight a woman if she's a bigot, though. They're fair game for anything.

i keep staring at this waiting for it to make sense.

>Kind of want to see some slutty Mary edits but part of me feels like that's a sin.
nah man.
She needs some sexy representation.
There's literally zero pics of her on rule34.

Mary is not for sexual!!!

i beg to differ

Noooo! Not my perfect puritan waifu

Oh that's Mary first time I thought it was a not colored in Sal because the song.

Anyways I'm throw something else out. I think we should make some submissive Joyce edits. Ballgame, handcuffs, ect. I think we are all past Joyce is not for sexual phase. Joyce is supposed to be coming out and finding herself in college, but it feels like she is in Stockholm lesbian relationship with the universe.

I don't know, the OVA writers didn't really seem to be willing to expand their story much so it was running pretty thin on plot by the last episode. Some of the later plot in the manga lines up with Ignition, the writer of the manga worked on Ignition, so you could probably build on that with a little of the stuff that later went unused from Prologue.

The Long Road Home is a much more developed AU and if you haven't I suggest giving it a read. Be warned though, it is a character drama with very few action sequences.

I want full Toedad out of the Sal-Amber War.

They're opposites in a different way.

If you really wanted to make DW shit himself in apoplectic rage, you could depict her with the guy who drugged her.

To be fair, that's not all of it. You can read the whole thing here, but that's the best part.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Talk:Ruined_FOREVER

This basic gist was the page was a joke commenting on all the thing TFfans say will ruin Transformers. Willis plunked a comment about women in there and some people questioned whether it was a good idea since it was bound to bring heated discussion and Willis and some others went all indignant and sucked the fun out of everything.

That'd be absolutely perfect. Can we please get a drawfag onto this?

>Joyce approaches the guy who drugged her, glaring down at him
You know...
>She then grabs him, pulling him into a tight hug and looking into his eyes
You could have just asked.

>Guy who drugged Joyce (seriously, what's his name?) walks up to her in the courtyard
"Hey, Joyce! Look, I'm sorry about what happened, at that party. Just, you're so cute, and I didn't know how to tell you. I thought maybe if you ended not feeling well, and I helped you back to your dorm, you would have thought I was a nice guy, and would have been interested in dating me...D-do you wanna go get a slice of pizza with me, sometime?"

I argued with my gf about how it's possible that Becky being a lesbian could be a cry for attention. There is some proof against it, but what do you anons think?

I think it's pretty shitty she came out as a lesbian and straight up assumed her friend was gay and wanted to be together.

In that strip, Joyce tells her straight up and Becky has a hard time processing that Joyce doesn't want anything to do in her pants.

I didn't even notice her. I think it'd help if panel 2's bubble were at the top of the panel, so that way your eyes are drawn back up there.

Yeah, that was bad. I took it as Becky had no other friends but Joyce, and because she loved her the most, she confused it with sexual feelings.

I don't care if Becky is actually gay. But it's really hard to believe it when you need to constantly convince everyone you are.

Suddenly I want to see a remix of that one clip of the black guy at the evangelical church who's handed a microphone and proclaims "I'm not gay anymore!"

Jesus fuck, Venom. I remind you you've been doing this for like 2 weeks?
How has no one freaked out at how far gone she's gotten so quickly? this isn't a gradual slip, this is a full psychotic break.