/pol was Putin justified in taking Crimea? Not a single shot was fired, 90% ethnic Russians...

/pol was Putin justified in taking Crimea? Not a single shot was fired, 90% ethnic Russians, democratic referendum to leave Ukraine and join Russia? Ukraine falling apart and in the middle of a revolution with anti-semitic elements? Why weren't they justified?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7A5eFrX8U&list=PLZ0lZMXjtFb4rFZ6pDNDWKLN809PTZf-v&index=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did the west support him? No.
Then yes he was justified.

They were
Media says otherwise

>wife from crimea
>can confirm everyone there was russian
>nobody there gave 2 shits about ukraine
>it was just a big russian naval base peninsula

Was Khrushchev justified in gifting Crimea to Ukraine without the consent of the Crimean people?
If no, then why is it not justified that the people choose to return the the nation they were unwillingly parted from?

Kek, sound reasoning. At this point, that which displeases the western establishment is good.

Pretty much.

>Not a single shot was fired
nice meme

>90% ethnic Russians
who cares, really

>democratic referendum to leave Ukraine and join Russia?
which was totally uncalled for

>Ukraine falling apart and in the middle of a revolution with anti-semitic elements?
A) Ukraine does better than Crimea/DNR
B) slavs are generally antisemitic
C) anti-west sentiment is far more anti-semitic

>Why weren't they justified?
re-drawing borders because of fear of NATO is unjustified

annexing was pretty stupid because we already had bases in the Black Sea, plus, there's no connection by land

and, stealing is a bad thing, user

also, don't forget about the Budapest memorandum

Didn't the people of Crimea vote on it?

Also apparently the people of Crimea say that being under the Russians was the same as being under Ukraine, shit

So if the west wants it then it's bad?

Only thing suspicious about your post is that you refuse to admit that Crimea was indeed a strategic location, why are you hiding or refusing that?

Anyone knows whats happens down in Ukraina nowadays?

Seen rumors of big Russian maneuvers of troops along the border but it's only Ukrainian sources that rapport them so I find them dubious. The only reson I don't dismiss them out of hand is that some Russian bloggers rapport the same thing.

probably a pissed off crimean, who wants Russians out.

Stupid hohol in disguise

You deserve to have your head smashed with rock

Several shots were fired and some people even died, m8.

Also, if they felt they had any sort of right to the land they wouldn't have been paying to rent it.

because Russian fleet is pathetic, duh

nice rebuttal, friend

>democratic referendum

There was a referendum, wheither you agree with the legitimacy or not.
And fact is there is no real seperatist movement to return to the Ukraine

Did he take it? I thought they had the referendum first and then Russia moved in to protect ethnic Russians from harm.

Those "russian" bloggers are just western funded opposition m8

They had the referendum before any Russian troops were in Crimea but after the country had been seized by an unmarked army that was totally not Russian troops *wink wink*

Law is based on precedent, so in the post-Kosovo world interfering on behalf of oppressed minorities is totally legit.

>self-loathing slav
I think you need some vodka. Russians aren't supposed to think too much or they become depressed like you.

Made some nice war footage imo
youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7A5eFrX8U&list=PLZ0lZMXjtFb4rFZ6pDNDWKLN809PTZf-v&index=1

love hearing slavs fighting wars, its an obscure comfy

/pol WW2 was a strange war.

Usually war happens on the edge of a civilization. Imagine Genghis pushing outward his borders. Imagine Saladin pushing always West. Not WW2. The Germans caused Western civilization to implode and war came from within i.e. from Within the west, not on an edge and inside a civilization. Why?

If this is the opinion of the typical opposition then I'm not surprised why Putin's approval ratings are so high.

He was justified but it wasn't worth it in the end.

>not a single shot fired

I guess all of those Russian soldiers coming home in bodybags are dying of excitement.

World War 2 is merely the culmination of a long history of European conflicts, which one could trace back as far as the Peloponnesian war. I'm not sure what you're on about.

Because the West already owned everything not called China or Japan.

Maybe it was some kind of civilizational war, most fascist nations were catholic, most liberal, democratic nations were protestant and the soviets were from orthodox stock. Just a vague hypothesis.

And now Crimea is a poor, isolated shithole.

now, that a proxy.cuckhole.
why dont you die in some near cauldron, you piss poor taras?

How can you really justify expansion/conquest, its something essentially devoid of morality either way. If you can do it and get away with it then great, any justifications made up after are just to fool the bluepilled masses.

At least one, who is telling like it is.

Independent Crimean Khanate when?

Excellent and underrated reply. The amount of dirt poor natives to conquer easily was a bubble. It popped.

Yep, there was nothing else he could do and he managed to do it without starting a war

Because the "revolution" worked out so great for the rest of the Ukraine

Putin kind of got caught with his pants down I think. He took Crimea thinking that it would be easily because they would want it, but then didn't anticipate that a section of Ukraine would rise up and fight, but his reason for taking Crimea was protecting Russians. Now with Russians getting slaughtered trying to fight the Ukrainian army, he had to back them too or risk showing Russians in other soviet satellite states that he will not come to their aid if the time comes.

I am not sure what a Crimea is and have no interest to look it up

The only time that part of the world was doing well is when the Greek Romans ran it then later Britian and France.

Very very strange how eerily similar those stereotypes are in the United States too.

>fights fascism in neighboring countries

Good job, liberator! I'm sure they're happy for your help!

It's in-between the gully of Western Civilization and Eastern Civilization as the two tectonic plates pull apart. It's in the middle. No man's land.

so eventually mexicans will be justified in taking the south-west of the USA right?

no

it's only okay when russians do it, you proxy hohol

might makes right. if they could have they would have taken it back already

m8 us and russia are the bros that never were
Proud, independent cultures caught up in other people's shit and warped by it to a sometimes-unrecognizable degree
We're not the same but we don't need to be

>Ukraine

No such thing

Hope you will die retarded liverast subhuman trash. Honestly, Im proeuropean and half khohol myself but his kind of faggots makes me sick. Totally brainwashed

Under the watchful eye of little green men and russian armed tourists.

>proxy

Dind't russia receive two million hohols refugee in the last couple years?

Yes.

t. Not Putin

Call me when the Mexicans asking for that have a fleet of aircraft carriers, have been leaders of the free world for 50 years as the result of sacrificing millions of their own people to stop your true conquering fascism and coming out on top.

Well technicaly the memorandum was breached by the west first.

3.Refrain from using economic pressure on Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine in order to influence its politics.

Sanctioning the president is clearly using economic pressure to influence internal policies. And don't forget the us putting economic sanctions on belarus. To which the us replied: the memorandum ist not legaly binding.

>Dind't russia receive two million hohols refugee in the last couple years?
more like four.
But they from so called democratic people republics so they are 100% pro Putin.
Well there a cases of hohols who just trying not to get drafted in army so they run to Russia\Belarus and hide there.

The topic is about crimea not donbass you idiot. There were no casualties during the crimean operation.

The problem with Crimea is that the USA/NATO cabal blames Putin for taking that territory but denies the context of their coup d'état to install a puppet government.

>democratic referendum
>Russia
>democratic referendum
Are you being naive on purpose?

Nope.jpg

Russia and Finland are more like it. USA couldn't handle the amount of vodka we drink and the wrassle which ensues afterwards, or fist fight. You arent thug enough.

Nah you're a wannabe faggot nation that could never understand the burden of even regional responsibility. If russia had 16 kid brothers you'd be #16

Isn't this just geopolitics? They had some tactical advantage to gain, so they went for it. It doesn't seem like they went in guns blazing, seems like there was some unrest and they seized control. Other than that all I know is that the media overhyped it as some WW3 event.
Can anybody shed some light as to what actually happened, with proof? I don't wanna hear that Putin is some evil mastermind who launched a coup or whatever (if it isn't true) or that he is spotless and infallible. Thanks.

Yeah, Sevastopol was a massive naval base and one of the few large Russian ports that does not ice over in the winter, it's also the home of the Black Sea Fleet. Putin would have been an idiot to let it go.

Strategic importance is a better justification than being morally right.

My Gramma's Brother's family all live in Crimea. We keep in touch with them during the holidays etc. Thye all unanimously love that Russia took over Crimea. Ukrainian and its government was so corrupt, no order, nobody abides by laws. With Russia there is more stability and control. They would not want Crimea back in Ukraine;s hands.

3.6 million of hohols are in Russia. It's just a work migrants, refugies from Donetsk mostly already back.