Wonder Woman

I watched it. This is gonna win an Oscar, lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

villagevoice.com/2017/05/30/despite-some-appealing-misandry-wonder-woman-cant-avoid-a-mansplaining/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think the fuck not.

I was entertained throughout though, more than I can say for BvS. Color and humor were applied in the right places, and the action scenes were really fucking neat (if a bit CG heavy).

I agree with everything you say, but Wonder Woman has an element of freshness and staying out of your cliches and norms, not to mention it felt genuine film that was obviously made entirely outta love and respect for the character, I think that alone is a good enough reason to give it an Oscar. It wasn't just good, it also brought something new to the table.

>Power. Grace. Wisdom. Wonder

They really couldn't just have made it:
>Willful. Wisdom. Wonder.

It might get costume or production design nominations though

whoa!

villagevoice.com/2017/05/30/despite-some-appealing-misandry-wonder-woman-cant-avoid-a-mansplaining/

I don't think so user. It was no where near misandrous enough.

>Based Gal is going to go from like the 7th or 8th side character in Fast and Furious to an Oscar winner

Never give up lads

If it's managing to capture some of the spirit of Donner Superman like I'm hearing, it's legit got a chance.

You are full of shit.

And without learning to speak english too, so talented.

I want to fuck her brains out.

>it felt genuine film that was obviously made entirely outta love and respect for the character, I think that alone is a good enough reason to give it an Oscar.
Nigga do you not understand how the Oscars work

Theg don't give them out for artistic expression or passionate filmmaking I'll fuckin' tell you that much.

>Oscars
>relevant for the art of cinema

pick one, pleb

The spirit of generic shit, you mean?

In any case, you're just a shill saying what you think will work the marks into a shoot.

>it also brought something new to the table

Well if *you* think it added something new, guy who can't write two lines with using a cliche, it's certain that it's dogshit for people who deserve to be gassed. Thanks for the warning.

Just one?

Did you just say Donner's Superman was generic shit?

Those kinds of faggots think that all superhero movies are Marvel movies. Ignore him.

Yes. It's overpraised for not being incompetent.

No man, I was describing a film I saw called Superman directed by Richard Donner.

I will laugh so hard when it actually wins one.

Why? The Oscars are meaningless.

>The Oscars are meaningless.

Of course it's meaningless when you never win anything

All an Oscar win will prove is that it's an SJW panderfest.

It's a sad state, being a Mousecuck brainlet. If they're doing what I think they're doing, I'm sure to be quite happy. They're making the "Man of Tomorrow" truly a modern symbol while making the ancient Amazonian warrior the representative of mankind's myths, legends, and more fundamental understanding of what honor, justice, and heroism are.

But capeshit never wins any major creative Oscars. Nor does serious art cinema. Oscars are for big indies that aren't really indies, liberal self-congratulation, and pretending that Hollywood is some kind of positive force in the world.

>this is what marlets want to believe
lol

>THE OSCARS ARE A MYTH!

The real when they're useful.

What the fuck does any of this mean? You seem to be locked into an idea of the world where there are only manchildren like you watching films and interested in using Sup Forums to communicate about them. I'm not here to boost one studio's garbage over another's.

But they're not useful to Marvel or DC. Their money will be made whether or not a major Oscar is won. All they would stand to gain would be an archaic kind of respectability. Who needs it? Moonlight is garbage. It didn't stop being garbage when it won Best Picture.

Well then, if you're from the camp that holds that comic book movies are an inherently juvenile genre, you're overlooking a veritable ocean of depth and meaning that's there to be found in the best of their stories.

As much as I like Nolan's trilogy - that's one area where I feel like it dropped the ball. It's a great representation of a more "real" Batman, but it gives us that at the cost of a great deal of the characters' mythic, larger-than-life qualities. This latest round of DC films embraces that aspect of the stories and characters, and I'm quite happy to see it happening.

>capeshit never wins any major creative Oscars

That's because capeshit is usually really fucking stupid and shallow.
Even the first Avengers movie that featured something rather new and fresh at the time wasn't really diving deep into anything. It was visually interesting and had quips. The dialog was pretty stupid and the character were pretty stupid. Even Loki's backstory which is pretty deep level of low self worth is just brushed over by a "I hate my Chad brother Thor grr gimmie throne" plot.
Wonder Woman has an actual interesting plot and dialog that makes you think for once.
If you're still not conviced - What capeshit movie have you seen lately that actually kept you thinking about after you've watched it? I watched Wonder Woman yesterday and I keep stopping on different parts of the film and thinking about them. I may even go see it again.

>What capeshit movie have you seen lately that actually kept you thinking about after you've watched it? I watched Wonder Woman yesterday and I keep stopping on different parts of the film and thinking about them. I may even go see it again.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear this. It sounds like it's going to be everything I was hoping it would be.

>She might be a worse actress than Emilia Clarke
How is this even possible?

>What capeshit movie have you seen lately that actually kept you thinking about after you've watched it
BvS(Directors cut)

Sounds like you're regurgitating critic opinions from RT.

>That's because capeshit is usually really fucking stupid and shallow.

No, most Oscar winners are usually really fucking stupid and shallow, but they're a different *kind* of fucking stupid and shallow. You want something that's valueless to garland something else that's valueless. Move outside of this nonsense.

He's either very impressionable or just trolling.

But was it a thrilling ride?

Gal was very charismatic in the movie, which I feel is good enough.
The action was great, retarded plot meant just to evolve her character, great direction, all in all a step up in the dc universe.

Not necessarily. The route they're going with the lore makes these characters' dialogue rife with opportunities for dual meaning. Just think about this line for a second:

>"They do not deserve you."

Who is the "they" there? Someone of a more feminist bent has their understanding of it, but someone with a better understanding of the lore gets an entirely different and more profound meaning.

Just watced it, cringed a bit desu. The fucking cliches man and some lines are too cheesy4me. I like the intro till the village raid. A bit disappointed they didn't show supes.

Gal Gadot is cute. CUTE!

What recently Oscar winning film would you consider stupid and shallow, please?

>A bit disappointed they didn't show supes.
Are you clinically retarded?

>"I'm going to save the humans."
>"No, they do not deserve you."

What did she mean by this?

No, I'm from the camp that holds that cinema and comic books would have a great relationship if the directors of comic-book adaptations were allowed to be as graphically distinctive as the best comic-book artists. The films made before CGI became affordable and sophisticated are far closer to what makes comic books interesting than anything made since Raimi's Spider-Man.

Comic books are a graphic artform. Their narratives are basically pro forma - praising them as "myths" is like saying a pro wrestling angle can have great depth. It can't because that's not it's function within the medium. Most operas adapted from literature vulgarize the plots of their originals - nobody minds, because Verdi's music is worth Iago becoming a less interesting villain.

Superhero movies have entered a middlebrow phase where "realism", "fidelity to the text" and all the bourgeois garbage non-ideas that pop cinema fans once rightly mocked when they heard them issuing from the mouths of Merchant-Ivory fans have become entrenched ways of thinking. Leslie H. Martinson understood Batman better than Zack Snyder. Give up on this deluded desire for respectability, please. Both the Oscars and the pomposity of modern capeshit are bogus.

Does Batman appear in it?

no

what do you mean?

he did. Via email

>Wonder Woman has an actual interesting plot and dialog that makes you think for once.

Maximum shilling.

shit actress

I wanna ___________ Gal Gadot

Post credit scenes?

Gas.

none

I don't disagree with the notion that allowing filmmakers to explore more visually driven projects more aligned with the great artists of the medium would make for great art, but I still believe you're overlooking what's there in lieu of what you would like to see.

Martinson understood Silver Age camp and why it was there. That does not, however, mean that he understands the character's modern persona better than Snyder.

Worship.

Is the action as good as man of steel's?

By gas you mean BRAPPPPP?

I like the part where WW used her bracers to counter Ares' lightning to annihilate him completely. OWNED

I just watched this and I can't comprehend the 92% meter. The third act is cheesy to say the least.

Gal Gadot is smoking hot though, I'll give them that.

i liked the part where she said "it's a marvelous failure" about that thingie

Heath Ledger won best actor you dumb cunt. How is that not impressive? Nolan is capeshit.

I watched it too. The theater was laughing and having a blast in the second part. First and 3rd part had them silent and the last act was the most weak because it reminded me of BvS shit
8/10 time passed fast and I had fun.

it was exactly Captain America 1