This movie should be called "make the stupidest possible decisions, and explain everything to the audience"

This movie should be called "make the stupidest possible decisions, and explain everything to the audience".

4/10

Did anyone enjoy it?

I like how Reynolds' name is forced onto the poster, when he is literally the first one to die out of the entire cast.

it was pretty good user, alien covenant was shit compared to this.

I know I did

It was better than every single alien film other than alien and aliens.
It's tragic but true, fuck Ridley Scott the hack has lost his touch.

>Jake Gyllenhaal will never burst out of the pod at the end of the film engulfed in the lifeform, which is the Venom symbiote, revealing this to be one of the most clever and exciting backdoor entries into a superhero franchise of all time
Why even live?

It's the best superhero movie prequel I seen

DUDE FUCK QUARANTINE LMAO

Is there a big alien monster in it?

That would've been better than Split's twist desu

my only problem was Reynolds scene when he was hitting it with hand flamethrower and he was clearly hitting it and it was surviving.

I know it's a horror movie but come on. Between that scene and going in there to get his biologist buddy in the first place are Prometheus level asspulls.

The space janitor ignores the lead astronaut says and opens the door.

The alien is too perfect and indestructible and unbeatable for no reason.

Which means everyone always has to do the wrong thing to progress the plot

Which means we don't care about the characters.

Also the end's retarded because there is no fucking way it could possibly have known what he was doing and that's not even how space ships work, once he turn off the auto pilot and altered the course even a little it would have burned up of flown into space

I think the point is it's invulnerable to fire

Unrealistic/10. If it happened in real life, the UN would probably debate about what to do for 10 years and not come to a conclusion and table it indefinitely.

How many carbon based lifeforms are immune to fire, come on.

This movie was gay as fuck.

Thermophiles

It developed and conquered mars. When it was still a planet that looked closer to earth, the only reason it survived was going into hibernation. it survived the basic destruction of mars, loss of atmosphere and everything else. It was shown to burn by those little hand things, but also absorb heat from them.

It survived in vacuum of space, without water or oxygen.

Every weakness it should have it didn't, and it figured out things most animals couldn't like Jake G was wearing a helmet, that it understood it's place in the universe, making the capsule crash into the earth instead of going into space.

They're human beings alive right now that thing is smarter than and you're not saying it isn't a complete writing asspull all the way through?

Our mystical perfect killer alien that feeds on everything, figures out everything before humans do it. Not any humans but astronauts. The best humanity has.

I'm sorry but microscopic heat vent organisms are not the same as what that killer space jellyfish turned into.

it clearly had an aquatic evolutionary track as well, so it was alive for millions of years.

>Thermophiles

Being able to live in 100c water isn't the same as being blasted with fire at 1000c

>If it happened in real life
"There was a malfunction on the ISS, a gas leak was responsible for the death of five crewmembers... and now Trump tweets another hilarious tweet. - This was Anderson Cooper, have a gay evening"

>How many carbon based lifeforms are immune to fire, come on.
>Thermophiles
I just suggested an answer to your question. No creature on Earth is similar to it, I thought that was the point.

I agree that it's bad writing, it is a bad movie after all. But what really irks me is the fact that it chooses to stay in an octopus form instead of a cloud form when the movie literally suggests every cell functions on its own, like algae. Or in the very least, split up into smaller octopi to divide and conquer, but that's just me.

That actually would've been pretty great. Would've loved to see the reactions of the people around me.

not as bad as James Franco