I Liked It

Actually really enjoyed this a lot. I get the criticism. Much of it's warranted. I can see why a lot of people aren't into it. The characters are mostly kind of weak and make dumb decisions, the Xeno scenes near the end were kind of poorly handled and it makes the series as a whole even more convoluted.

In spite of these negatives I saw a lot to appreciate within this film. I was thoroughly entertained throughout. A lot of fun gore and action sequences. It had a cool visual style and good atmosphere. The filmmaking in general apart from the CGI was pretty on point.

The stuff I enjoyed most in the film were the scenes focused on David. Fassbender relished in the role and I find him to be a very interesting character. One of the best cinema villains I've seen in a while.

A lot of people seem to be confused about why he put so much time into making the Xenomorphs, but I really got where he was coming from when I watched it. Right from his birth he knew that he was superior to his creators. He can master everything and anything the could to perfection and he'll never die. But his potential has been stifled his whole life by humans making him their servant. In Prometheus he meets the Engineers probably in hopes of finding another species capable of the same achievements as he is. But when he finally meets them they're brutish and violent and attempt to kill him. I'd imagine he harbours a lot of resentment for both humans and the engineers and has devolved into a nihilistic worldview, so rather than using what he's capable of to create something good, he'll create something that will destroy. An organism perfect for hunting and survival. His once bright mind has become twisted and sick.

His arch was the best part of the movie and probably the main reason I enjoyed it as much as I did.

I really enjoy sci-fi action films that are able to serve as a fun escapist movie, while also implementing profound themes in them as well.

it was boring and the action scenes were edited like garbage + hard to tell whats going on

Honestly I'm really loving these new Alien movies. I enjoyed Prometheus and Covenant a lot. I don't care how convoluted the series gets, if they're as entertaining as these last two have been I don't care. Keep making more Ridley you mad old bastard!

>A lot of people seem to be confused about why he put so much time into making the Xenomorphs, but I really got where he was coming from when I watched it. Right from his birth he knew that he was superior to his creators.

He's broken. Why do people forget that scene in Prometheus when black goop goes in his ear.

Ridley's coming out with some nice little kinos, ignoring the faggot autists who tell you anything different.

I actually thought the Xenos were amazing in this movie, they were actually scary for once. The death scenes were ferocious.

My niggas, I'm enjoying the fuck out David-kino and can't wait for more.

I quite like the change of focus towards android characters rather than Xenos or Engineers at the centre stage, although I would still like a movie a little closer to Prometheus to further explore them.

Such a God tier character and people are just sleepin on him. Such a shame.

>David is a robot lol
You are Charlie.

I agree. I had similar experience.

I actually don't remember that.
Got a screenshot?

Contrarians breeding contrarians breeding contrarians

Will it ever end?

Only Hiro knows

>single handedly wipes out the existence of his creator's creators
>beats an upgraded model 10 years newer than him.
>can tame aliens like the horse whisperer

THE MAD MAN

Literally the best cinematic villain in the last 8 or so years.

I think it was more disappointment. David already disliked humans, already showed a tendency for mad scientist behavior.
He probably hoped that the engineers, creators of the black goo that has fueled all his creative endeavors in both movies, would appreciate him and regard him as their equal, but instead they regard him as an abomination.
That's probably when he made his mind up that if the engineers created something that could turn against them, they deserve to die too.

I like how the marketing artwork made the movie look great while none of it exists.

yes my man. I understand the hate towards Prometheus but the backlash against this seems more contrived.

You can definitely see a tonal shift in characterization from Prometheus, although this is partially determined by the different stories--a trillionaire's vanity mission to locate the creators of humanity so that he can ask for more life, fucker, vs. a colony mission with a crew tasked with making a dangerous interstellar voyage and setting up a new home on an unknown world.

The colony aspect is covered far more interestingly than in Aliens, where the colonists are just a throwaway plot point to get the space marines to touch down on LV-426. As the promo material illustrated, these are all couples consciously selected to be "generation one" of a colony which includes a few thousand hibernating colonists plus embryos.

After a second viewing it's also clearer that the alien creatures are secondary to the entire story, which continues the examination of creator and creation. Taken together with Prometheus, the "xenomorph" is an inessential hook -- these movies didn't really need to be connected to the original Alien movie or its universe (although doing so makes use of a setting worthy of further exploration).

Walter's presence also looms large--in some sense it's David who illuminates Walter and not the other way around. Walter's profession of "duty" is the magic word, the essence of what separates elevated man from degraded man. Inherent in duty is the suppression of ego, a humbling of the self, and a calmness and clarity. Walter cannot play music until David teaches him, a reminder that music itself has a complicated relationship with morality and duty going all the way back to ancient civilization. And this is exactly where Alien: Covenant goes -- to the very beginning of human nature and its relationship with the divine, with creation.

>He's broken. Why do people forget that scene in Prometheus when black goop goes in his ear.
wat

Look niggers, the new movies are decent but there are two truths that MUST be accepted about them; keep in mind I like them.
1.They are completely rewritting alien. Everything about their gestation, origins, growth, intelligence, etc. Its basically a reboot of old alien. All aliens, even the AVP movies are consistent in the aliens and how they act, these movies are rewriting them.
2.David is a Gary stu. I don't know why people complain randomly about stuff like this and dont give a shit when Michael Fassbender does it. He's fun to watch but he's not le epic villain; he's basically the main character now and is always going to win.

>DUDE WHAT A TWEEEST ending
Alien franchise is now as bad as fucking Saw movies.
Thank you Ridley

David's action make no sense whatsoever. Why did he try to kill people on the ground when they were going to take him onboard anyway? The switcheroo was never explained, Walter was about to kill David but kek lets forget this. It was also never explained why or how David rekt the entire planet of prometheuseseses, was the entire population concentrated in one village or something? They were capable of interstellar flight but couldn't fight off one retarded android and his black cum? Why did David kill Shaw? Why did Shaw fix David? Why was religious captain so retarded? Why did they never wear helmets? Apparently albinoman planet is just one quick flight away from Earth? What? Why was spine xenomorph intelligent and attempted communication but the "perfect organism"™ is just a dumb animal? Why was Mothership completely okay with David kidnapping everyone?

link it faggot

She has a nice pair of tits desu

And no. Alien didn't need a convoluted backstory or a backstory at all for that matter. All Scott has done is further devalue the franchise (retroactively damaging the first two films as well) and put his reputation in jeopardy.

I enjoyed the direction of the film too, the first chest buster scene was particularly horrifying. But my problem with these newer Ridley flicks, and the overwhelming majority of contemporary scifi flicks is the god damn photography. Where is the lighting?? It seems like every film nowadays is digital rendered so that every frame has the very same flat, dull lighting. I don't think I say a single shadow in this entire film.