What was the best movie you've seen this year, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwlyX-94o-4
imdb.com/title/tt5061162/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't watch new movies because i am afraid that there might be something about happy relationship or just some shit like a love story and it will make me feel lonely and pathetic again.
i keep watching the same movies again and again because i know there are no such scences or stories in those movies

probably Moon
didn't watch any new shit this year

'Your name' and 'Blade runner' are the only movies I went to see this year...

the last jedi

i like star wars

This movie seemed strange but in an interesting way and I was interested in seeing it right up until I realised it was written by Max Landis.

No thanks.

This year was really shitty for actually good films. I mean there was a bunch of fun movies and entertainment wasn't an issue, I enjoyed quite a few but there was nothing really "Wow" that came out this year.

Though The Shape of Water is looking to be one of the best received movies of the year but I haven't gotten to see that yet.

Haven't seen it but BR2049 looked really good. I'm gonna buy the DVD.

That was the worst film in the world.

Holy shit OP, that had to be the worst film I've seen that featured will smith

>DVD

Going to assume that's a force of habit from the decade of using it and you mean a bluray. I honestly didn't think they still made DVDs these days.

But yeah it was pretty good, I love everything Denis Villeneuve has done. You buying the movie physical might help with hopefully seeing another by him, since it wasn't a big office hit it needs more sales to convince the studio. Same had to be done for fans of Beyond last year after its disappointing box office.

I've not seen a few of this years biggest "critical hits" like Get Out and The Shape of Water yet but with that Blade Runner was probably by favourite released this year (All the really great stuff I watched this year is old releases from 2016 and as far back as the 50s)

you shouldn't have seen those films if you like star wars

fyi

blade runner was an excellent film you chose wisely

you won't be disappointed, get it in the crispest format available, it's a film made to be experienced at maximum sensory input so you should have a large screen and full directional sound

Blade Runner was the best this year.

So I'm not the only one. When I see happy couples kissing or something I just change the channel
I also try even more to avoid such situations IRL

>i don't watch new movies because i am afraid that there might be something about happy relationship or just some shit like a love story and it will make me feel lonely and pathetic again.

Does that actually happen for you? Seems to be the opposite for me. I am a lonely 28 year old KHV and I like romantic movies, never once felt sad over it. Tend to feel upbeat after them.

>you shouldn't have seen those films if you like star wars
Considering I treat the movies as fun space adventures with interesting characters instead of some grand armada, they're enjoyable enough.

blade runner was great
baby driver was pretty good
logan lucky was ok
That's all movies I've watched this year. Blade runner is the best obviously

what are you trying to mean with "grand armada?"

given the context that makes no sense in the ENGLISH language

Dunkirk
youtube.com/watch?v=MwlyX-94o-4

sort of drunk right now and that's what came to mind, I meant something bigger than what they are

Mother was a weird and nightmarish trip, but a very intriguing and well made one

Blade Runner 2049

>get your ass kicked by the Nazis
>have to leave all your gear while you evacuate your troops with everything that floats
>Nazis kind enough not to massacre you on the beaches
>immediately start blaming the French
>make jokes about how they are cowards for getting defeated by the same enemy that defeated you
>claim an embarrassing defeat was actually a victory
>sit back and let daddy America win the war for you
>still lose your entire empire in the process
>continue to make propaganda about it three quarters of a century later

He's probably saying that expecting Star Wars a film to be some flawless cinematic masterpiece is naive, and the joy to be had from them is taking them at face value and going along for the ride. The people sperging out over the most recent film either had on some seriously rosy glasses or were looking for reasons to unleash their impotent nerd rage.

Stay mad, Hans

Good Time

Go brush your tooth.

I didn't watch it but my sister said she walked out on it bc it was so bad

made me smile

end of evangelion which i rewatch every christmas

Took me a second but bravo.

mother!

Definitely the movie Young by the Chinese. So artsy. I also enjoyed that one Chinese movie about the detective who is a bit crazy. In terms of western movies probably baby driver which surprised me. Want to see loving Vincent soon

gonna be honest, there's nothing wrong with having taste

This if i watched it this year. I don't really remember
If not, probably Hacksaw ridge

strongly agree

>mother!

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Probably the most memorable of all the movies this year. But a real downer.

I really liked Bladerunner 2049, It, and Mother!.

Blade Runner 2049 is the only movie of his that I've seen. I constantly see praise for Sicario and it's on netflix. Should I watch as soon as possible?

>I constantly see praise for Sicario

Sicario was very good.

I loved Sicario, it's my favourite exemplification of Denis Villeneuve's directing style, and Deacon's cinematography.

Watch it next in your movie endeavours.

Sorry, meant Deakins. Auto correct is a bitch.

>Canada -- using auto-correct since 1945

The man who signed that was blinded in one eye and damaged in the other, since he actually served instead of sitting in a chair.

>The man who signed that was blinded in one eye and damaged in the other.

Canada -- sending their best since 1945.

I love you though. You're so much better than America in every single way. Merry Christmans, little Canabro.

Love you too, Germany. Merry Christmas

Logan.

Valerian but I'm a total Sci-fi sucker and loved the film even though the story is generic trash.

get a room you faggots

Christ Valerian was one of the shittiest movie I've ever seen in theaters. That and Hobbit 3, trash. Went in expecting new Fifth Element.

The Wailing

I'm on your side, but the movie was still good.

>get a room you faggots

WE WILL.

You're probably a faggot

I have to say that the intro scene was really cool though

it wasnt bad it was meh tho

Sicario (which came out last year right? but anyway) and the new bladerunner

As a huge David Bowie fan I have to agree. Only good thing from the movie.

2015 actually

>Sicario

Benicio del Toro is just an amazing actor. Seriously, I enjoy his acting even if the rest of the movie is crap.

2001: A Space Oddysey in 70mm
The best new movie was Blade runner

Villeneuve is one of the most promising directors imo, just hoping that the unjust bombing of Blade Runner doesn't mean that we won't get Villeneuve's Dune.

Justice League

>Justice League

Thread ruined.

>I'm on your side, but the movie was still good.

Well, so did I. Nolan is a fantastic director. He's more than that actually, he's an amazing storyteller.

Watch his lesser known movies, like Insomnia or The Prestige. Absolutely fantastic movies.

>Liking that miscast that piece of shit

I don't remember but probably Blade Runner

Bright sucks

I like Shutter Island

>Daddy America

But it was the Soviets that did 80% of the work

America 15%

Britain maybe 4%

Ressistance groups 1% (Poland, Italy, Yugoslavia, France)

>But it was the Soviets that did 80% of the work

Fuck off, commie.

If we count Japan America did much more than 15% tho.

sad that your granddaddy got BTFO'd in Stalingrad?

ching chang chong

>interesting characters
>episode 8

Not bad for a comedy film.

Unironically love God Bless America

Killing of a sacred deer, for sure

interesting but not the best
imdb.com/title/tt5061162/

Blade Runner 2049
Dunkirk
A Cure For Wellness
Wheelman
John Wick 2
Get Out
Colossal
Mother!

Shut your mouth, you filth

>Get Out
Why? It was boring, wasn't it?

Blade Runner 2049

Bunny the Killer Thing

guy in a bunny suit rapes and mutilates people,true finnish kino

This, because of this year, whenever you think about humanity and its problems, cynicism, race, war, etc, remember that people like Desmond Doss existed, an example for everyone. His real life story will still wow you

because saw it this year*

Blade Runner was cool but I regret watching it while really high. Half of the story went right past my head.

I need to see it again

>rest of the movie is crap
I've heard nothing but praise for Sicario. Why do you think it sucks?

>I've heard nothing but praise for Sicario. Why do you think it sucks?

No, Sicario is a very good movie.

I just said that Benicio is one of my favorite actors, he's so good he can carry an entire movie even if it isn't a good one.

Le Feels Runner

This and Logan literally the only decent thing of the year

Alright, but the way you worded your post made it sound like you said the rest of sicario is crap.

My English may not be perfect. I am but a humble worker in the Lord's vineyard who meant no harm.

Sicario is a very good, very intense movie and I definitely recommend it.

Coco desu

Hang 'Em High

>tfw I google actors and they are all dead/ near dead by now

>Colossal
I Didn't Enjoy It. My City was Destroyed by A Dumb American woman in the movie.

And Sicario 2 is coming. I don't think I will have much desire to watch it tho.

Blade Runner was just epic, yes epic.

When the finished and the closing titles rolled I left out an audible 'wow'.

I like you, buddy

Clint Eastwood is immortal and can never die

Merry Christmas

baby driver by far