What's your favorite horror movie?

What's your favorite horror movie?

the exorcist.

Alien.

John Carpenter's Halloween

Classic. How do you feel about the upcoming movie?

Someone post the merchant edit of that scene.
I lost mine.

Of all the recent attempts to resurrect Halloween, this latest one certainly looks like the most promising. Carpenter's involvement also doesn't hurt.

I like how they're talking about keeping it stripped down and grounded in reality, which I feel has been a great thing in good horror movies lately.

How, why?
Seriously, I love Carpenter films but this one bored me to fucking death.

Slow burn, tension building, and stripped down.

most underrated movie of 2016

this isn't a horror movie, its a thriller, nothing about this movie is scary of horrifying, its a good movie but just not a horror movie at all

Psychological horror, user.

Exactly.

I don't find it boring at all. Its one of first horror movies I saw and it still represents everything I love about horror. It places emphasis on crafting a perfect atmosphere and tone and rarely relies on blood or shock value. Its simple and effective. Not to mention its fantastic score and the way it captures my favourite season and day - Halloween.

Jacob's Ladder

Mothman Prophecies

Is Robert Eggers still directing the remake?

Showgirls. Absolutely frightening. What's yours?

Legitimately the most terrifying ending I've seen in a while.
If you haven't watched it, DO NOT look it up. Go in blind.

Underrated movie. Creepy as hell. No one would ever have thought a Richard Gere movie would be this terrifying.

great movie

Ineedsomehorrorcam-kino.Whatyagot?

I feel like it freaks out religious people a lot more.
Best Alien film and the only one I care to bother with. Plus I like well done sci-fi atmospheres.
Essential comfy fall-core
>Stinky Dinky
Like that other user said it's more of a thriller but it's still got a lot of horror elements. I really enjoyed it despite Sup Forums's crying.
I enjoyed everything about this film, but I wasn't scared at any point. Probably because I found the cinematography and New England setting to be comfy.
Eh, it was eerie but I feel like it had more potential.

>My Current Favorite
I feel like horror this year was a bit of a let down, I really liked 'I Am Not A Serial Killer' and 'Don't Breathe'.

>overated
>fix'd that for you

you just like it because of ayy lmao

I agree with the Don't Breathe but I haven't seen I Am Not A Serial Killer. whats pic related? looks pretty cool

Lol literally barely anyone knows about that movie, I didn't even know about it till like January this year and watched it

In the Mouth of Madness

>overated
I think the word you're looking for is overlooked.

And why not? It's a above average horror flick debut by a director nobody knows with no known actors in it. It got the exposure it deserves. Ayy lmao got more roles and the DP and director will probably get more work because of it.

It's no masterpiece, it doesnt push any boundaries, the performances are fine, the story is meh and it isnt particulary scary.

No, it got exactly the amount of attention it deserves.

i was waiting for this

The Shining

Possession

don't you have some teenage film club meeting to attend to? fuck off with your pleb-tier director and his mediocre shit

Shut the fuck up retard

Saw, even though it's more of a Thriller

kys. literally. anyone who actually thinks kubrick was any good automatically outs himself as a pleb who knows nothing about actual film.

(You)

Hellraiser

not a horror movie. it's a period piece drama with supernatural elements.

Define horror movie, user.

something that's actually spooky. not a 17th century family drama sprinkled with supernatural elements.

if you were at any point unnerved or frightened by The VVitch, i feel sorry for you

Alien or Psycho.

I liked Descent a lot. Great setting, great performance, spooky and claustrophobic shit all over plus great ending.
The Grudge (liked both the jp and us/jp version). Great sound design and practical effects.
Also, the first time I watched TBWP I was immersed and spooked as fuck.

My favourite is probably Descent.

Implied implications and detailed sound design are the best recipe for horror imho.

that's not Hellraiser II

Nothing will ever top rosemary's baby for me. This movie is so creepy and full of dread, it's genuinely scarier than any garbage kino with jump scares. Mia Farrow did a fucking fantastic job portraying the spiral into madness and paranoia that her character goes through.

Its not religious people exactly, maybe superstitious would be more accurate. Im religious and it didnt freak me out
It freaked people out the most who had never heard of exorcism and left terrified by the concept of possession. The film actually does a brilliant job of exploring the "rational" explanations into building up to it being an unironic demonic case, which not even the priest believes
Watching it can get pretty intense as the demon gets more and more strong and breaks down our characters spiritually and physically

I watched this movie with my friend (I had seen it before) as part of planned horror marathon
It got so intense for both of us we switched to comedy afterwards

this. I don't even care much for horror movies, but original Halloween is in my top 10 movies of all time.

Same
The only time it really freaked me out was watching with some very good wireless headphones making all I could hear was all the fucking noises and music
Kubrick loved his fucking sound

IT scared the shit out of me but thats mostly because I first saw it at six
>Showers and bathrooms made me nervous for years

Pic related or this

It doesn't hold up very well.

>tfw the new one already looks better than the miniseries but nostalgia fags will say it's shit

are you 12? serious question

>It places emphasis on crafting a perfect atmosphere and tone
thats what people say to defend their shitty boring movies. ''oh yeah, nothing happens until the last 15 minutes, but MAN that atmosphere'' kek

>tfw when this is real

the thing or the fly probably

Maybe you should stick to action adventure movies. Hey! I hear the new Transformers and Pacific Rim are coming out soon!

this was interesting. night terrors are definitely maximum spooky

I fucking wish I was happier back then

Literally exactly how I felt while watching it. Its the Inception of horror films.

Its a weird thing tbqh
I see the effects and all their flaws and laugh at Pennywise when he is being absurd
But the idea still creeps my mind out enough and reminds me enough of being a kid that it still works for me
The remake looks alright I just see them fucking up in 1000 ways easily because its not an easy story to capture right

>maximum
more like realistic VR

Kill yourself you contrarian hipster

I showed this old ass silent film to my nephew, I calmly explained certain scenes to him, and he fucking loved it.

Friendly reminder that kids won't grow up hating old stuff unless you avoid ever showing them old stuff because you expect them to hate it.

>A critically panned movie that achieved a big enough cult status to win over the mainstream audience is for plebs now
You retards would be calling it kino if Sup Forums existed in the 70s

Romero's Dawn of the Dead

This unironically

I hate these kind of pictures, just spoils the whole fucking movie. Great movie btw, the main theme too.

this is the real pleb filter, if you think Kubrick is mediocre then you don't know shit. Barry Lyndon and Eyes Wide Shut are masterful cinema. Though I agree The Shining is not horror, you are still embarrasing yourself

>The Shining is not horror
wat, there was plenty of unsettling moments in this movie.

Sup Forums's definition of horror doesn't mean the same as everyone else's definition of horror, apparently.

I still think 28 Days Later beats the George A Romero movies. Seeing zombies sprinting at full speed looks scary as fuck.

My man

just finished. yikes

But why user

The banshee chapters I guess, i wish there were some similar movies.

Probably Texas Chainsaw Massacre II.

Hellraiser II

Psycho or Repulsion im a bigger fan of thrillers than shock horror

man the films in this thread look so cool

too bad im too much of a pussy to watch horror

absolute plebs

go do your homework

Would You Rather
>comfy actors
>cozy set/setting
>comfy filters
>perfect mix of dark humor and butthole-clenching violence
>immaculate fucking ending
>aesthetic as fuck
>you can watch it with a grill and still get laid and she won't be too scared

>bored me to fucking death.

Not me. Then again I WAS a kid when I first watched it. Now I'm always on the bad guys side, because modern horror movies are the closest thing to the heat death of the universe.

if you've experienced this. it beats any movie ever. People have died from this IRL.

>dark humour
>butthole-clenching violence
>no mention of a good plot whatsoever

back to your capeshit thread, you're what's killing horror.

Just fuck off, its 2017, move on with your life

Sure on movie forums, talk to anyone what they thought of it and they'll say it was bad because nothing scary happened

Not that guy but before the movie came out they would play the cursed video tape without any information telling you it was a movie (no title, credits, "coming soon" etc.). I remember that it was took me a while to find someone else who had seen it. It was pretty terrifying for twelve year old me.

thats scream bruv

jesus what a retard

'thriller' is just a meme word for horror, stop using it seriously.