Alice Through the Looking Glass

This is Sup Forums, right? It's still a sequel to the animated movie, technically

So, how is it? Has anyone seen it? Reviews seem to say it's a pointless sequel but with some neat visuals

I wouldn't care normally, but some friends would like to see it with me so I was curious as to what to expect. I didn't hate the 1st one, it was somewhat fun, but at the same I didn't like the bland take on the story

The first one was pointless as well. I hated the first one it was such a bore.

>The first one was pointless as well.

You call a billion dollars pointless?

I thought it was really fun
visually amazing and lots of heart
saw it with my niece, it was nice

Disney paid off the critics to shit talk it into oblivion.

That's nice to hear, i was thinking of taking my little brothers to see it too if i was happy with it on my first viewing

Are you familiar with the books, by chance? You said it has heart, so do you think it was an improvement over the 1st movie's "let's turn Wonderland into a bland magical land with the evil dragon" logic, or is it just a fun story despite the same sort of feel?

Obviously

every time i see the trailer i wonder if people are going to go to the theater, sit down, they play the original movie, and nobody knows.. they never actually made a second movie.

Nothing beats American McGee's efforts.

Fucking EA, man, the series had so much potential

The first kickstarter episode American produced must be one of the most JUST moments I've ever witnessed

The visual elements were really beautiful and really creative, but it was ruined when the actors started talking.

It would make a better music video than a movie.

Speaking of those, someone must make a thread someday. One of those shorts is stop motion, and is technically Sup Forums.

/derail

Is mah smallest waifu in the sequel?

it´s pretty cool honestly

never read the books
only saw the cartoon when I was really little
and it's a lot more fun than the first

Watched it this week. It just shows you how the characters ended up the way they are in the first one. That's about it. Visuals were nice though.

Uh, that might actually be interesting, as a way to show how the world departed from the "status quo"

Well if you liked the first one then you'll be fine. Time travel stuff usually interests me. It's just you won't see everyone together with Alice that much like in the first one.

>It's just you won't see everyone together with Alice that much like in the first one.

This is probably a positive for me, Alice stories are better as a series of weird encounters rather than a big, constant party, and the "politcal" divisions in the first movie were weird, thinking about it

The original had little to offer but had good mouse and my favourite version of the Cheshire Cat, (even though he was voiced by Stephen Fry)

>(even though he was voiced by Stephen Fry)

How's that a "though"

I don't like Stephen Fry. Whenever I see him I want to punch him but I wouln't because that's rude and mean

he's a condescending British tool who fucks underage twinks all day

Is it just me or is Depp's accent never consistent? Or is that part of him being mad?

it's more fun that way

I saw it the past Saturday. I haven't seen the first one, but this one? Boring and dumb. Unrelated to the book of the same name in everything but the first couple of minutes after she goes through the mirror.

The only part that I liked was when time died, and only because what it implies.

First one is boring and dumb

They did make more, then? Nobody ever talks about it, not even on Sup Forums. I guess the first episode was that traumatic

The Wikipedia page for Alice Through The Looking Glass lists Mally as a character. No idea how much Mally action we're getting though.

Also, Sup Forums can Mally please be a flavour of the month waifu? She's such a darling.

She's meh, her only real scene is when Time gets tricked into believing Alice is going to a tea party along the hatter and the hare and they start making fun of him with time puns.

Everyone but Alice and the sisters is severely underused.