youtube.com/watch?v=Pt27NWEKf5A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Alkemade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Chisov
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Magee
nature.com/articles/srep29901
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pre-emptive R.I.P.

I feel like this is a bad idea but can't quite put my finger on it

He'll land on a net, but surely that will cushion the fall, right?

I guess there is the possibility he misses.

So.... he's going to bring a parachute just in case he gets blown off target or something, right?
I mean, nobody could be stupid enough to skydive without a backup plan, right? Right?

they better live stream it so we can see him splat

OP is degenerate/nigger/spic or all of the above with no money to waste time on shit like this. Tommorow will probably be complaining about how the white man is oppressing him like the weak fag of his race.

This is why some go to the moon while others can't even swim

Rip in pieces sweet prince

I wonder how fucking stupid he's going to feel when he still has a minute left in the air and he realizes he's not going to make the net

natural selection in progress people

Do people not understand physics? The amount of force that you generate from falling is what kills you and unless you slow down that force; you'll die. Its like jumping off into a body of water. You'll still die even though most people think the ocean can deflect blows. My guess is that if you fell into a net; it would rebound fast enough to hit the ground as well. Even if it didnt, as soon as you hit the net you would splatt.

i knew an airforce guy who said you can survive if you tuck and roll.

Its duck and cover, but he'll have to skydive with a desk

Is this HAPPENING today?

That net will have to have alot of fucking give away. Even then that net had better have very little mass or else his everything that hit the net will break.

RIP in peaces. Going out doing what he loves

I've never seen proof of this happening. You would just move the force to another part of your body (your spine) and snap yourself in half thus killing yourself.

There is no way to survive a fall 25,000 feet in the air without slowing your decent. No net, body of water, magic force field will change the fact that you are basically a comit crashing to earth.

We have no idea what the "net" is. It could be 100 ft in the air and have a lot of flexibility to absorb the fall

I would flap my arms at that point desu

what about jumping at the last second before you hit the ground?

White men yet again doing what a typical nigger has no balls for.
Sucks you guys miss the genes to be people, you might've invented something if you spear chucking jiggaboo's stepped out of your mudhuts for once.

Hell, even now they foolishly live kilometers away from watersources while they could just build around it.

Fuck, if we didnt enslave you guys and did'nt send donations to your continent, most of you niggers would'nt even exist today.

You're surviving on our whim really.

The net could be whatever but when you crash into a net with the force of a 25,000 jump, you will shatter all your bones. Its like driving a car at 200 mph and crashing straight into a wall. No special net will protect someone from the force generated from falling. You're literally a human bullet when falling.

Absolute legend with balls the size of watermelons if he survives.

The moment that this is the stupidest things whites do, and at the same time niggers are doing all the shit that they always do, which is fucking up every civilised country they live in.

>whites are stupid

Its just crazy enough to work

Hopefully, it's some kind of special net that does some wacky science stuff that reduces the force of impact or some shit, and not a circus net.

Regardless, this is absolutely retarded

He will reach terminal velocity of 120mph after about 1500ft, then stay there until the end. He'll probably be maneuvering to slow down, but he'll be in the air no more than 145secs.

Yep.

Not good itll just launch you back up with ankle and knee injuries

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulović

enjoy

i thought about this a lot and i think it wont work
he should try to slow his fall by hitting birds on the way down

Hope he isnt working with a Russian.

>So, is anything going to stop my fall from being fatal?
>Nyet
>Oh a net, that sounds extreme, lets do it!

He could aim for a mountain and try to run dow n the slope

Nah.

-t Physicist

>three fractured limbs, broken legs, fractured skull, paralized, and in coma for 27 days

yeah im sure this will end well.

This is the net, btw. Looks like he didn't bother with the deluxe version.

People have fallen from planes at those heights and survived by landing in blackberry bushes. It's not too unheard of.

>Heaven Sent will be broadcast live, albeit it with a delay,

no live death on tv. shame.

Oh fuck he is dead.

That material looks flimsy as hell.

This isn't going to end well..

>those tarps at the bottom

He's going to die

Come back when you've passed high school physics retard.

Fuck this is literally Idiocracy. We just need some giant gatorade posters everywhere.

HOW MANY HOURS

POST LIVESTREAM

GOD I WANT TO SEE LIVE DEAD GUY

lol why is it always some crazy balkans fucker

>They will cut if anything goes wrong so we don't see him splat

Why even bother.

Even if he hits that net, he's gonna get pretty fucked. that's the positive news.

>boing

inb4 5 second delay so we never get to see him splat

This is the view from above.

He's literally aiming for nigger lips.

J
U
S
T

There's no way, the surface tension of the water would break every bone in your body at terminal velocity.

Do you honestly think a jump from 25,000 feet and landing in a butterfly net is enough to keep you from cracking your head open? You're the retard here.

#YOLO

#yolo

RIP IN CRATER

Fucking alpha

What if he just bounces off it and lands in a heap?

Force = mass * acceleration
Can't do anything about mass. Can make the net accelerate him to standstill more slowly.

She was in a plane though

Rest in spaghetti never forgetti

Net looks like it will cheese gratter him.

No he's not. I can't believe how utterly retarded and scientifically illiterate people in this thread are.

Do you see how the supports of the net are designed? They obviously flex hence the inward bend on the arms. It has a 2 stage design where each stage will absorb a part of the kinetic energy.

You guys must be literal retards to not see how this would work.

he'll be fine

i was thinking he might hit the corner and get dumped off the side

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Which language are you using?

>a net is enough to delay breaking every bone in your body on impact

Buddy, you should try jumping off a plane too into a net if you're so confident.

the height isn't the issue, it's how he plans to limit his terminal velocity before being slowed down by the net; which is also special so he doesn't end up as ground pork pushed through a sieve.

>they expect one of us in the wreckage

I have a feeling this net will dice him to bite size pieces

He is going to put a nice shock laod on those cranes...I wonder the force he achieve as he hits.

Hitting a net at 100-120 miles an hour isn't something I'd do for fun.

But if he hits it, and doesn't get cubed up for his trouble, he should be fine.

possibly mate. Depends how fine it is and how it was engineered. I would love to see the physics behind this stunt.

The only problem is that it's kinda small, so he could miss it.

Other than that, it's fine. Sup Forums sucks at physics.

the net gives i think it falls almost all the way to the ground its not stationary

View from below. Looks like the net already has holes and patches in it.

apparently its 100x100 i saw this on the news earlier they also showed a drop of a 200lb dummy adn the net fell down almost to the ground

>25k jump into net with no parachute
>Never been tried before
>It will obviously work
>I can tell from the pictures

"what could go wrong?"

muh peanut butter

He will likely have a specially designed suit that isn't a wing suit, but will dramatically slow his fall and give him some ability to control his direction.

Here is the trailer:
> youtube.com/watch?v=Pt27NWEKf5A

I can't tell if you're a troll or honestly stupid. I'll assume the latter. It's not just the net but the supports are there to absorb some of the energy. You reach terminal velocity after only 1500 feet so even if you jump from 100,000 feet it wouldn't matter.

If he lands on the net he'll be fine. The real danger is if he misses his jump window, gets blown off course ect.

I know right? These people are retard tier at physics lmao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Alkemade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Chisov
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Magee

it happens. Not very often, but it happens.

He has tried it before obviously. It's just the first time televised. You have to be a retard to think this is his first time

I'm quietly hoping he just misses and hits one of those guide lines.

It will slice him in half like a cheese cutter.

>yfw when you want to commit suicide and make a big show out of it

Remember a couple years ago when that dude walked on a wire across the grand canyon? This reminds me of that... everyone thought he was gonna die too

nice, in how many hours is this?

i thought you could pin drop at any height save there is enough water below to go through...

but then again the pressure change will surely fuck your body and you will at the very least pass out from that pressure change on your organs and drown anyway....

How the fuck did he even get into that position

>This is why some go to the moon while others can't even swim
except that irl the guys who went to the moon are 5x more likely to to die of heart disease than the non-swimmers:

nature.com/articles/srep29901

*decelerate.

There was a guy who survived an 80m fall in the ocean from one offshore oil rig.

it's almost 14h from now on, right?

I'm betting that he has some sort of massive wide and tall, extremely elastic net that will smooth out the deceleration impulse to something survivable without bottoming out or rebounding him off the net.

I hope his engineers didn't forget to carry the one.

he could just close his fingers together and use that to create wind resistance and glide down

>that guy who fell down 4 miles, landing on a glass roof
Absolutely horrifying

Has it been documented? Where is the source?