Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mEDOeS782rc
bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36097300
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is no scarier movie period.

why it scary?

because it's depressing :(
saw it in theater with my mom, we both walked out feeling really down

I watched this movie at school when I was like 13 and I now that feel, m8. I didn't expect those feels from that movie.

lol

not really scary, but it's a nice movie

Dude It was all in her head lmao

This movie was pretty intense, right up until the actual monster was introduced and it immediately went to shit. They should have dropped that entirely and just made it about the female cast getting lost in the caverns and growing increasingly paranoid and delusional as they run out of food and water. Maybe throw in some visual/auditory hallucinations.

This movie came from out of fucking nowhere. it starts out like a standard "bunch of hot girls are about to have some terrible shit happen to them lol party woo don't hit on me silly boys" and then turns into fucking maximum action-horror kino.

I desperately want more horror like this. The only scary parts (for me) though were the claustrophobic elements like that girl getting stuck in the small hole while rocks were shifting. Otherwise it was more of a monster thriller.

That makes it better

Because the descent is plain terrible i can mention anything. So 'as above so below', a pretty average film but at points reaches eerie so miles better than the descent.

>you will never suffocate to death trapped head first in a narrow cave that they can't pull you out of without breaking your legs.

Thank fuck

Fuck caves, m8.
Caves not even once.

I loved as above so below but even I know that movie is merely a few great moments couched in an otherwise bland and forgettable found footage film.

The descent has an actual plot and intention behind it, as well as working with rarely used scares and developing new ones.

Broken legs would have healed should have just yanked him out of there.

It would likely have killed him

Prometheus

James and the Giant Cave.

>wriggled headfirst into a narrow unmapped tunnel.

I don't understand how or why anyone would do shit this stupid.

>you will never panic and drown 150m down in an pitch black underwater cave thereby blocking the only exit and also killing your closest friend and giving 3 others the bends.

The movie of their body retrieval was pretty kino though.

youtube.com/watch?v=mEDOeS782rc
bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36097300

Woman shot and wrote it too. It is intense, this is how a non-normalfag woman director should visually represent what rape would be

This is slow and not much happens but if you suffer from claustrophobia give it a watch

>Maybe throw in some visual/auditory hallucinations.
>until the actual monster was introduced
user, I...

Pretty sure it was a male director

Neil Marshall is gay, user

>The Descent got a sequel
>Wolf Soldiers didn't

Why Marshall why :(

>le humanity is le real monster
take that overdone pseudointellectual bullshit to reddit, amigo. there is absolutely nothing wrong with a good monster flick.

The claustrophobia I felt while watching this was intense as fuck. Pretty fucking dank movie.

There is an early 80s Australian film about a group of kids and their teacher getting kidnapped in the outback by baddies. Lots of cave crawling, especially one terrifying scene where there is a cave submersed in water and they must keep faces/mouths just out of the water

Important question: does this show sadism or does it do that incoherent nonsense about how she's the real victim?

The Descent Part II

I forget the name. Film set mainly in a church but with a 'cave' at the end. 3 people examining reported supernatural events in the church.

Is that Prince of Darkness? Sorry if I'm way off, you were a tad vague.

Inseminoid.

It's not that, is it? user didn't say anything like that. The point is that fear is a relatively interesting subject, while horror films are for mouth-breathers who fuck dogs.

No it's The Borderlands

Post nice cave kinos please

It had its momemnts

fuck me thats nightmare fuel

fuck, when I was in Laos we found this little crevice in the side of a mountain that lead to this underground lake. We stumbled across it accidentally and were miles away from any type of civilisation or village. Anyway we jumped into the lake and it was pitch black and we couldn't touch the bottom but I could see a hole that lead to some other cistern. That picture was exactly what I was afraid of happening.

>fear is a relatively interesting subject

Yeah, if you're 17. We've all been through that phase already, pinhead. All except you.

This fuckin movie man... That creepy dude sittin on his chair... nopenopenopenope