At this point is grandpa simpson too YOUNG to be a WW2 veteran?

a teen in WW2 time at least but no way some soldier.

Yes.

Skinner's also too young to be a Vietnam veteran.

People live to their late 80's.

Only in first world countries, murrikans live less than chileans

this kind of thing doesn't bother me, it's like, so what, it's not real life
am I the autist?

I don't think anyone's legit bothered by it, but it's interesting to think about

episode with plot about grandpa reveling that he lied about WW2 just to impress and get atention when?

If anyone else remembers, Grampa Simpson was in WWI (he had to lie about his age, he was only a toddler), meaning he'd have to be at least over 95 years old.

it's already been retconned to where he served in Korea, pretty soon Skinner will be a Gulf War vet. in 10 more years, Grandpa will be the Vietnam Vet and Skinner will have served in the War on Terror

Allah willing the show won't "live" that long.

The show started in ~1989, so, when the show was created, he was old enough. It's just that everyone's age is static. Fir the most part, the show pretty much COULD take place in the 90's, except for technological advancements shown in later episodes.

If they had cared about consistency, they should have kept in-show technology static to the 90's as well.

That was WW1 he lied about. When he was a child in the uniform and was told he was cranky and needed a nap. But the same would apply to ww2 now

Was Grandpa supposed to be a WWI vet when the series first started?

Its just an uncomfortable reminder that the simpsons have been on for so long that minor details like this won't make sense and can be considered inapplicable to their characters today.

No, he's always been a WW2 vet.

The only time he was mentioned to be a WW1 vet was for the joke about him lying about his age and going to war as a literal baby.

They did send teenagers to that war. Mostly ones that lied about their age.

But, yeah, they probably won't have him talk about WW2 anymore soon.

>be me, at the mall buying some new clothes
>buy my stuff, go the food court
>grab some Chinese, sit down to eat it
>notice some wizened old fuck in a wheelchair with an oxygen machine
>think he's a Dubya Dubya Deuce or Korea vet
>see he has a Vietnam service hat
>tfw
It freaked me the fuck out.

He looks a bit like my grandpa, who bravely defended the fatherland against the invading imperialists in WW2.

>chileans
That was way too specific

Yeah, 'Nam was a while back by now.
And not everyone served as a teenager.
Some Vietnam vets are probably long dead because they served as senior officers.

that's what i like about bob's burgers
sure cell phones and computers exist, but the belchers are poor and they aren't a major part of their lives

a lot of recent cartoons seem to just pretend it's the 90s all over the place. the parents' flashbacks are in the 70s because fuckit why not.
look at hey arnold, hyunh's daughter is roughly arnold's age but she was a toddler at the fall of saigon or whatever that vietnam thing was when he gave her up

She seemed older than that

They are probably just gonna Mr. Burns him and have him be like 180 years old in the newer episodes.