Ok so I just saw this:

Ok so I just saw this:

It's fine, erring on the shit side. This is what people mean when they give the movie a fresh review. There's a lot of amiliorating factors about the criticism of this movie:

-DC needed a win
-Given the track record, this wasn't a train wreck
-Female capeshit "needed" to happen and this is the first one
-It WASN'T the SJW infested bullshit most people were expecting, so it has broad appeal and it's taken the "magnanimous" road.

That being said, the movie is not very good either, it's mostly a missed opportunity and quite scattershot, the first part doesn't mesh with the second, WW's powerscale goes out the window for the third act, you can see the seams in the editing regarding weird takes and dialog that just seems missing and mostly, it just scratches the surface on a LOT of pretty heavy themes it couldn't tackle in a single movie even if it tried.

So yes, it was passable but still overrated and pleasantly, it didn't have SJW bullshit in it.

Thread hidden

>ameliorating

You spelled it wrong, but thanks. I learned a new word today.

are there any easter eggs or does anyone name drop the Wayne family name?

yes the movie begins with Bruce delivering a package to Diana that has the photo from BvS,
otherwise it doesn't have any links to the rest of the DC continuity

>I sure hope a hundred years from now one of the Wayne's will become some sort of bat person and save Gotham

>"We can overlook how the third act yields to the blows-up-good formula of blockbuster franchises. For now, let's just celebrate a superhero movie that runs on estrogen rather than testosterone." - Peter Howell

with reviews like this, of course it's overrated. i can't really see myself sitting through Gadot's acting for two hours, but a part of me is willing to give it a shot.

she doesn't have that many lines, considering she's the lead character in it, maybe her acting was bad enough that a lot got edited out in post production.

That being said, she actually has a lot of charisma with the whole fish out of water theme after she gets to "the world of men", there's a lot of shots that are basically her just smiling.

>-It WASN'T the SJW infested bullshit most people were expecting
>Literally told in movie how men are so stupid and fuck shit up, women are diffeernt; and that women are literal godesses, men should worship and treat them as such
Okie dokie.

not really, there isn't even a reason why paradise island is full of women other than "they were the last standing" in whatever war Ares did in ancient times and as the audience we all know they're Amazon, for all we know amazons age normally outside the island too for example.

>she doesn't have that many lines

Is it as bad/noticeable as it was for Cavill in "Man of Steel" and BvS?

They state (or rather implied) that no men exist their, they are all created from clay. Except Diana, they tell her she's made from clay, but she's actually a god, sister of Ares. Soooooooo that was never really explained.

I saw it too. It was fun, I'd say it doesn't belong in the top tier of the capeshit genre buut def in the high tier. Better than Guardians

just seen it. Very bad experience.

Jokes are too stupid and forced into it. The dude character feels like a 15 years old highschool kid with a 30 years old look.

The bad guy has no agency.

not as bad as BvS but about as much as MoS. Her acting bits are almost irrelevant to the plot, most of the emotional beats go to the supporting characters with her reacting to them.

You need the Amazons explained?
Thats...telling.

Hottest womyn are israeli womyn hands down anons.

Woah...that sounds like a Marvel movie.

no, they are just the last living people of the "age of heroes" they don't have men with them because they're Amazon, you're expected to just accept that.

The clay statue story is just a red herring, she was the only one that supposedly came to life from clay and she was the only one that was actually the "godkiller"

I guess if it's half decent, compared to the last DC movies that's a huge win and thus is getting praise.

I wouldn't say it's high tier, it was a solid mid tier though
>Better than Guardians
See, this is the problem. It could have been MUCH better than Guardians with a better director. Everything else about it looked or worked well in the movie, but it all also looks under utilized. Some editing moments look out of place, some shots meant to show contrast just look goofy, etc. Jenkings was a poor choice, but the needed to have a woman as a director...

I would have liked another director and if a woman was needed for marketing purposes Kathryn Bigelow would have great

"DIANA, THAT'S NO MAN'S LAND! IT'S CALLED THAT BECAUSE NO MAN CAN CROSS IT!"

I hope gal gadot gets raped by a pack of wild animals.

Are the Germans portrayed as baby raping, Jew gasing, Russian testing bad guys?

Except for the part where Diana specifically asks where they come from and how come there are no men, that Helena or whatver her name is tells her how she was formed from clay. It's meant to be implied that Amazons in the Wonder Women universe literally create themselves.

Gassing entire villages and their own people

vs what else is out at the minute for a group of college students (me 2 other males 2 females, guess which one doesn't have a gf ;_;) would you recommend seeing it?

to a surprising degree for capeshit standards.

when she crosses into the trenches she kills a shitload of germans, then the defensive positions in a village are completely wiped out. This is all heroic.

I'm surprised at how they just straight up glossed over WWI politics and just pretended people would accept "proto nazi" as motivation

I didn't see anything happen to Dr. Poison. I assume she has something to due with some holocaust n shit in the near future. Other than that, it was pretty good. That first part with her crossing no mans lad was one of the better superhero intros in recent years. Sorry man, Spider Man won't be topping this one for me.

>if the Batman ends up being good, I want a shoop of Ben laughing at himself

Jenkins is an actors director and that's what saved the movie and made it better than Doctor Strange or Guardians. Besides the low budget (for a CBM) the main handicap was Gadot and Jenkins made her character work

Anyone got an estimate on when a decently watchable version might appear online? It didn't take Covenant very long

will do

that's only referring to her, that's why she's the only child in the island, Hypolitha supposedly sculpts her as a kid/baby.

Every other amazon is older and some even have scars because they fought in the previous war

7/10 but I'm a sucker for capeshit. It's being a great year so far, Logan, Lego Batman, GotG2 and this are all good

It truely does not matter on a director. Studio is still going to step in and make it a film they want it to be. It was fine to be quite honest. Also in the trailers, the directors name is not plastered all over it so, the masses probably don't even know a woman directed this.

sure, I don't think there's any other big openings this week anyways. I'd see this over PotC for what it's worth, but I don't like those movies save for the first one.

I just came back from a 10:10 showing. I sat through the first 35 minutes.

This was without question, the absolute worst movie I've ever seen in a movie theater. Gal Gadot was HORRIBLE. The action was like Xena - direct to TV bullshit... this was the hottest garbage I've seen in the a long, long time. RT is the most corrupt website known to man.

Warning -- DCucks/Zionist shills/SJWs are reporting any thread mildly critical of this movie.

Her emotional scenes weren't the best but she was really charismatic and funny during the more comedic scenes.

>It truely does not matter on a director. Studio is still going to step in and make it a film they want it to be
c'mon, Snyder basically wrote the whole DCEU aesthetic for them, if anything the studio was too lenient with him because it may have constrained this movie too.

Who's the tranny behind Affleck?

ok thanks heaps, also check your dubs dude

Shit I forgot about how cringey that was.
Was kind of hoping she'd get gunned down trying to cross it, and the film would end at that point.

I NEED GIFS

GIFS OF GAL BEING CUTE

>Gal Gadot was HORRIBLE
it was par for the course for her standard, which is low. She didn't fuck up the movie though.

>The action was like Xena - direct to TV bullshit
at times, yes. I know the budget for this was lower than the other 2 DC movies but I don't think it went less than 100 million. Some of it was just badly spliced together and it took me out of the movie.

The thing is, even with those problems the movie is still watchable. Everything this movie does, a previous one has done already with better results, but it's still an enjoyable movie because it contrasts with the previous DC lineup and capeshit by comitee from Marvel

>Wanting pics of trannies

Times where Sup Forums, misogynists and Sup Forums got BTFO

B T F O
T
F
O

damn, it feels so good to be on #herstory

#WonderWoman #tvpolshitsbtfo

Thanks for the fair and balanced review OP. I probably won't be seeing it either way bcuz capeshit, but I was getting tired of the retarded levels of hate the film has been getting. Sounds like it was okay but not great, which is in line with my expectations.

so did DC fags actually celebrating their movie (finally) getting a fresh review or lamenting because critic had been right all along about MoS, BvS and suicide Squad ?

>That first part with her crossing no mans lad was one of the better superhero intros in recent years.

I liked the movie but that scene was terrible.

MoS doesn't deserve getting lumped in with that dreck

Almost all of those are from womanz who are upvoting only because womanz.
If it was the same exact movie but they replaced WOMEN STRUNK with m-muh parents fruitboy, it would have received worse scores.