ANOTHER WW THREAD (sorry)

Ok, I just got back from seeing this film. Before I say anything, I hated Suicide Squad, and I didn't like BvS. That being said I am surprised that I liked this movie, but there are a lot of cringe/dumb shit in the movie.

Good
>Gal Gadot was cute as WW and I don't like Mrs Skeletal
>Chris Pine
>The chemestry between Chris and Gal was great (you just know)
>Some of the supporting cast
>Ares was pretty cool for the the first half of his appearance
>pretty good twist
>some of the action scenes were well shot
>General Ludendorff was fun

Bad
>A lot of the CG and green screen ranges from decent to really bad
>"No Diana, You can't go there! Thats called No MAN'S land. It's called that because NO MAN can cross it!"
>WW rage fit at the end was really corny instead of being as cool as it could have been
>A lot of the fights have unnecessary slo-mo pasted into them, when it really doesn't need it
>Wonder Woman instantly gives up on humanity/Wonder Woman gets mad at Steve because he stopped her from doing something stupid
>Wonder Woman's team was underused. Chief makes a smoke signal, Charlie the marksman doesnt shoot anyone with that rifle, French Fez only does an acting thing and thats it.

there's probably other things

I'd say overall the movie was a 7.5/10, still good. But not as great as it could have been.

Also I hate that WW theme. I didn't like it in BvS, I don't like it in this. It just doesn't fit Wondy. but thats just me being nitpicky

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z29VWhI7wkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3MmTBg8afpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you mean the random guitar riff that the local guitar center manager warms up with wasn't a good theme song?

wtf, it worked in iron man 1

did they play the theme in the movie? i think it fit in BvS but don't see it working in a WW1 period piece.

>General Ludendorff

What? Why?

Are they gonna introduce Hindenburg in the sequel?

Yes the played the theme in the movie. More than once.

He looks nothing like that in the movie

The movie also has him using a gas that makes him literal ubermensch.

The slow mo in mid action wasn't bad, but 5 or 6 of them was unnecesary.

lol this

It was next level bad. I also just finished watching it. I don't know why it got so much hype from the critics. It was simply not a good film. Ewen Bremner sings a song and plays piano and Wonder Woman and whatever the dudes name is dance to it and fuck afterwards??? Did they not expect me to get flashbacks of Ewen Bremner in trainspotting? That's not the only reason this movie made me want to die of a heroin overdose. The "woah a woman can do THAT!" Type scenes happen like 6 times and it's just too much. Also the enemy of Wonder Woman is a fucking God of War and she has to fight a fucking ww1 General? There's just so much bad/crazy shit that happens it's not even worth mentioning it all. Honestly it could have been good if it featured sapphic lust for the entire runtime of the movie, but instead it didn't feature any sapphic lust at all even though it had the PERFECT set up for an all out Amazonian lesbian orgy. Just so bad.

>Honestly it could have been good if it featured sapphic lust for the entire runtime of the movie
I thought they were hinting that Diana was a lesbian when she was talking about "passion" with Chad on the boat. But then they fucked later.

>"No Diana, You can't go there! Thats called No MAN'S land. It's called that because NO MAN can cross it!"

so this actually happens? People keep memeing it and others say it wasn't actually in the film

Yes. And it was every bit as cringey as you'd think it would be.
Especially when she basically takes on the whole German army just by walking across and deflecting bullets with her wristbands.

Ignoring Gal was there much forced diversity in this movie?

they played it in action scenes and layer it into the score when something happens but I agree that it didn't fit as well in this movie

soooo.....
is it online anywhere? chinese people hand over the links

Lots and lots of Armenians and Turks.
Armenians in the background of London scenes with one of the main characters being Armenian; and on the other side, a Turkish military base.

theres a multicultural team steve and diana go into the front with (an irish sniper, a native american named chief, and a fez) but they were all pretty cool in the movie. There was also generally less "LOL FEMINISM" stuff than what I expected from the trailers

>it worked in iron man 1

probably because a guitar riff fits with Iron Man's character.

WW's should have been like her animated movie one.

youtube.com/watch?v=z29VWhI7wkQ

DESU they should just buy the rights to the xena theme and use that. Would still be a better one then the guitar riff.

She didn't say "no man". I was waiting for it, but she didn't say it.

How many soldiers does WW kill?

How much you want to bet the original script had it, but someone with an ounce of a brain cell realized that that would make one shitty line.

hard to count since it all happens in a blur of bad cgi fire and explosions

Wonder Woman is a shitty character. And this movie looks generic.

>b--b-but duh cwitics like it
Yeah they liked the new Star Wars movies too.

Rough estimate?

50-100 maybe lots were "throw guys around" so maybe not many dead

Literally all of them.

To be fair Wonder woman should easily be able to crub stomp a modren day army with her power set with little trouble, let alone a ww1 army.

>I just got back from seeing this film. Before I say anything, I hated Suicide Squad, and I didn't like BvS. That being said I am surprised that I liked this movie

Suuuure.

This movie was fucking awful. It was so insanely bland. The worst part of it was Wonder Woman. It would have been much better even if it was just as bland if it wasn't a Wonder Woman movie.
CGI was noticeably bad, especially in the beginning.
I think it was a much better movie than BvS,MoS and Suicide Squad but I really enjoyed those more even if they were dumb as shit, This was so by the numbers and bland and Gal Gadot is wooden and unnatural
Fuck this movie

>Not a single one of the machine gun bullets hit her exposed flesh
>Not a single one of the shrapnel from the mortars hit her exposed flesh

>I first thought the implied love scene between Steve and Diana was unnecessary, but after what Steve did, I think he deserved to have a happy life smashing her as many times as he wanted.

Just saw this. Honestly it seemed like a really shitty version of the first Captain america complete with sidekicks that don't do shit but are emphasized in every conversation.

The CGI was about on par with most SyFy films. And holy shit that dialogue was cringe as fuck, every joke fell flat with the audience. I actually felt bad for the actors to have utter that much shit.

the problem i had was the first, like, act and a half was great. decent setup, a little bit of action and character scenes.

then as soon as it gets to the town it all goes to hell and becomes utter schlock

>TFW Dave Bautisa is a better actor with more emotional range than gadot

> shitty version of the first Captain america

they even had the scene where Red Skull kills the german commanders for discovering his plan.

>Gadot's "acting"
I don't want to "that goy", but one has to wonder how such a shitty Israeli actress seems to be getting all these roles in predominantly Jewish Hollywood. Really makes you think, doesn't it?

really makes you wonder

>tfw no movie with Wonder Woman singlehandedly butchering the entire German army

Give it to me stright, Doc.
Does WW break some necks?
Also, which version of Ares is used? The giant blue armored guy, or the Nu52 cool old guy?

It's the version where he just looks like Professor Lupis from Harry Potter

>A lot of the CG and green screen ranges from decent to really bad
It was alright. The last fight was better cgi than doomsday fight.

I get where you're going, but yea, there's not really any other way to say that why you are currently being bombed, at least she didnt say "i am no man" like Pirates 5 did.

>WW rage fit at the end was really corny instead of being as cool as it could have been
She was both sad and upset and not really understanding the situation. Emotion > cool.

>A lot of the fights have unnecessary slo-mo pasted into them, when it really doesn't need it
True, but either way, we're going to complain about the action. Man of Steel was too fast. WW is supposed to be moving around his speed in a fight. Shit, don't remember the threads of how she basically twitches and snaps in 180 degrees without the slow mo?

>Wonder Woman instantly gives up on humanity/Wonder Woman gets mad at Steve because he stopped her from doing something stupid
"There is so much you do not know". She's still a child, with much to learn.

>Wonder Woman's team was underused. Chief makes a smoke signal, Charlie the marksman doesnt shoot anyone with that rifle, French Fez only does an acting thing and thats it.
The mission kinda went to shit when they witnessed what she could do. They doubted the mission from the start, but when she started crossing no mans land, they were winging it till the very end.

youtube.com/watch?v=3MmTBg8afpQ

It's already being spammed on youtube, not the whole fight but, it was pretty cool.

>willingly going to see wonder women
lel, underage faggot

I got to have something to shitpost with, user.

Let me guess but please tell me if I am wrong.

Is like with Captain America 1 whereas she fights in a WW conflict but history remains the same as we know it because it was a very specific german section that stood outside the conflict but its leader had some sort of super power/weapons?

Yup.
Until they ditch the villains at the end, and introduce a new one that was hinted at at the beginning of the movie, but had otherwise not been mentioned or seen since.

>cute as wonder woman

Exactly

That's the problem

Shea failed, wonder woman isn't supposed to be cute

When was the last time someone managed to make a movie where the world was impacted by the consequences of the history-alternating premise?

Fuck me, all the "world building" "lore" bullshit is just a smoke and screen facade for "cool" crossovers.

The dream is dead.

>i am no man
they did that in lord of the rings return of the king too.

fuck off and die, kike shill

I'm going to guess it was a subtle plug for nolan's upcoming film.

Confirmed bisexual.
>island full of women
>know about sex
>bangs chad

I think it was geoff johns who confirmed it.

She blocks bullets just for fun. Her body is almost as invulnerable as Superman's.

Its an electric cello

How many times did Dykes in the audience yell "WOO WOO SMASH THE PATRIARCHY!" during the movie?

It wasn't said like that. He was telling her that people fucking die in no mans land that all. She just said I don't care and went out there

Almost like a superhero right?

>dykes
If anything there were lots of couples and groups, or groups of couples, or just groups of guys who went together. More dudes than women anyway.
One thing that I wasn't expecting is that in my theatre, at the late night showing, there was a group of 20 or so chinks who came out of fucking nowhere. We're not a melting pot like the US here so it was pretty funny to see.

Well now I'm convinced that marketeers post here, this is just sad

>it is le feminist movie! praise be to gia! one billion stars out of 4 for muh feminism!
>plot is initiated, driven forward and resolved by chris pine's character
>the moral of the story is that diana is a dumb naive hothead and should listen to everything chris pine tells her to do
>le mighty amazons are only in the first 20 mins and the other hour and 40 mins of the movie are about a team of men and the token woman on an adventure

That after credit's scene where the one soldier that survived her slaughtering all his comrades and vowed revenge on the allies turning out to be Hitler was a bit much.