Is colonizing space a good idea?

Is colonizing space a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/103389185
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. It reeks of White privilege and Newt Gingrich is for it.

It may seem a good idea only when you live on a little overpopulated island without an actual space programme.

Right now? No

That's never going to happen.

ironically, if politics and weapons can stay out of space, alot of good can come out of it. just one astroid harvest and there would be an plethora of rare earths to use to make top tier grade electronics and better mining equipment

Only if it's restricted to White people. Shitskins need to be contained on Earth.

It is the only idea. Everything else is a child's fantasy taken to levels of suicidality that are almost incomprehensible.

Yes, as we will not survive on earth for eternity. If have to become independent.

We did that on earth (not as united people, but still counts) and we should do it beyond.

Yes, hopefully we make steps towards it before 2100.

commie shills detected

Mass extinction will happen before the technology ever gets there.

Even if the above statement ends up being false, outer space colonization will just end up being "colonization for the elite/powerful because there is a huge meteor heading for earth".

Us common riff-raff will just be left to die.

checked

I doubt we have the materials needed to build a mega-structure like that. Our best bet would be terra-forming another planet, and even then we're far off from that sort of technology

Fuck off cunt.And you're just bitter because your nation doesn't even have its own access to space while even our private companies do.

"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."

>I wonder if humans will be ever able to fly over lands and sees or to talk to other person on another continent in real time.

Nah

You're already in space, right now.

You're on a rock that's in free fall around the Sun.

>I doubt we have the materials needed to build a mega-structure like that

Wat?

>Our best bet would be terra-forming another planet,

Planets are dangerous places, why get stuck at the bottom of another gravity well? Once we're out of the gravity well we should stay out.

>colonize space
>illegal aliens demand citizenship

> commie shills detected
but the actual commies cared about space exploration to the point of winning the space race (inb4 ass-blasted burger screams something about muh moon)

Why colonize space, when it was confirmed that you can compute solutions in this universe trough reaching parallel universes ( quantum computers ) - and you could also compute anything else in a classical sense, move the computer information at the speed of light - making a form of awareness that can do more in a second than you in a much longer period of time.

So what I'm saying - is that we shouldn't - it's not economical, colonize the universe - but rather simulate our own around a small star which will burn up for trillion of years providing all the energy needed.

And that's only what we can envision with the data we have now - and we know it could be possible mathematically... but imagine, what we could discover and do in those trillion of years.

Say what you want about Musk, but I hope that dude succeeds.

And it may not be a good idea, but I definitely support it. Most that don't are just being contrived overpractical curmudgeons.

If we don't expand to the stars, we are all doomed

>So what I'm saying - is that we shouldn't - it's not economical, colonize the universe

hehe

We have all our eggs in one basket here on Earth. If we lose Earth to a natural, or, man made disaster, our species is fucked.

We need a backup.

Unfortunately for us capitalism exists so it'll never happen

Let me guess UK space agency will start space muslim colonies, thats your backup.

>No space weapon

b-but muh Death Star, muh space laser and muh space battleship...

>commie shills detected

lol what, the USSR had the first satellite, first man in space, first woman in space and so on

If consciosuness will no longer be bound by our bodies - and exist in hardware that consume little energy, it wouldn't matter much of the climate or radiation of the planets - rather you just need resources to build more hardware.

And the sun will still provide all the energy you need.

Also even if a nuclear disaster occurs - the said AI would wait 1 million years without caring much until earth restores and could reignite organic life on earth.

Disaster will surely happen, but we need to look into creative ways to ensure consciousness - not necessarily our bodies.

This is an short artistic film that presents such an idea in a beautiful way.

vimeo.com/103389185

Nice trips, but I'm going to laugh when the idealists are correct and the materialists cry.

Fuck that, deport them to Mercury.

>implying we already don't have a space fleet and bases on other planets
>not knowing about Gary McKinnon