Wolverine

What actor could take over the Wolverine role once he retires Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqRPaucl8r4
youtube.com/watch?v=rQPiO7mI3OE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They'll do Laura next instead of trying to find another guy.

fuck, jackman already had several decidedly unloganesque things about him. aint no way we'll find a better one, or even an okay one.
in fact i'm only being slightly hyperbolic when i say no comic book role will ever be well cast again

yes Laura

Robert downey jr

He's even older than Huge Jackedman, not to mention he already plays a role in the MCU.

Closer to cannon height.

Wasn't Jackman a literal who before X-Men? They'll probably get another nobody.

It was clearly in jest because he's a manlet like Sniktbub

a relatively unknown actor

just like hugh jackman was b4 the first x-men movie

>act gruff
>look mean
>fight bad guys
Goddamn, it's not hard to fill those shoes.

Antony Starr from Banshee. He's basically Wolverine as a small-town sheriff on that show anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=jqRPaucl8r4

youtube.com/watch?v=rQPiO7mI3OE

CM Punk will probably jockey for it, he might even get it.

>be handsome as fuck
and now it's suddenly difficult

The clips were pretty good. Yeah, he'd get my vote.

Except we're talking about Wolverine here.

He should've been Cassidy on Preacher.

Why would you recast soon enough that anybody around now would be suitable?

We're not talking about someone who played him once or twice, we're talking about someone who will have played him for 17 years in 9 movies. The backlash that you get from fans of that interpretation could easily kill the new movie even if it made all the other money it was going to make, and then you'd be stuck with a star that doesn't twinkle and a movie that doesn't pay.

Easier to go the route if you think the character is what excites fans (and you're too cheap to update the 16 year old effects), or just pick another character with a high recognition factor and make a movie about them, especially one that plays directly to the key traits of your existing core audience.

Nobody. Liev Schreiber's Sabertooth will take over Wolverine's role.

These.
Sabertooth and x-23. Whoever believes they will recast Jackman is a huge retard.
He will only appear in cameos and they might do an Old Man Logan movie in 10 years where the use Marvel's impressive face changing CGO to make his arms look buff and ripped in the fights.

>Damien Sanchez fight
every white man's dream right there.

ellen page as x23

But she's already Kitty Pryde.

Joaquin Phoenix

Tom Hardy.

I'm betting on X-23. At first the idea bothered me, but actually, the way the cinematic X-Men setting flows it started to seem right the way I thought about it.

It's basically been 'Wolverine & the X-Men' all along, with only First Class being anything like a general X-Men film. And by now, Logan is psychologically fucked, from all the shit he has gone through, as The Wolverine clearly displayed. And that was before you added the fucked up future, and being dropped into a 'nice' future where you are a terrible fit, even for a Logan.

It's time for the Death of Wolverine storyline, and for Laura to be introduced, his last major act being helping the troubled young woman as he did with Rogue. It will take him full circle, and while X-23 is interesting, she won't steal the spotlight of what is supposed to a TEAM film.

What I don't get is where they are going to 'set' the next Wolverine film. Clearly the X-Men films are going to jump around five years each time, and stick with the Apocalypse cast... but the main/true' timeline Logan woke up far later in the timeline, seeming to erase his fresh self. Are we going to get a soft-reboot, and see how Jean's help changes Wolverine's fate in the new timeline? It's a bit of a mess, really. But it;s been a good ride over all.

Yup. Halle Berry, Ian McKellen, and Patrick Stewart were the big names in the original X-men.

Fucking no

This guy gets it.

>Great actor
>Absolute manlet
>Proven he can look the part better than Hugh

There's really no better choice.

Too bad he's above capeshit. He was offered Lex and Dr Strange, he denied the offer twice

I feel like I remember him saying he'd love to play Wolverine in an interview.

Why is he wearing woman's shoes?

>Joaquin Phoenix
What a fucking terrible choice. I say that as someone with great respect for Phoenix, who has seen nearly all of his films. Phoenix is a much better actor than Jackman, but he's not the Wolverine type. Phoenix will never get roided up and just run around snikting bubs. It's a waste of his talent. Plus he cries in like every fucking movie. I'd rather see Phoenix as a malevolent villain.

It'd be a chance for a more emotional and character driven take on the character -- the kind of soul searching shit that made Wolverine popular in the first place with some snikting in-between.

Besides, actors are actors: a good actor can play almost any role. There's not "type". And Phoenix has gone on record as saying he'd like to play Wolverine.

The problem with him is he's a one time actor, the reason he didn't take Dr.Strange was because Marvel wanted him for multiple films, he has never done a sequel and probably has no intrest play a character more than once

There will be no Wolverine other than Hugh in this decade, maybe even in 2020s. They will use Laura X-23's ANAD Wolverine instead

Who can he be in the MCU and/or DCEU?

I'm thinking....Speedball and Kyle Rayner.

This is funny because Wolverine is SUPPOSED to be short.

Introduce Alpha Flight in the last Wolverine movie and then replace him with them.

Who can play Puck? Can't believe they wasted Tyrion on Trask. Looking at his performance in Pixels, he would have been a cool Puck.

The real question is: Who're they going to get to play Daken in Old Man Logan. And how do you think he's going to kill his father?

>It'd be a chance for a more emotional and character driven take on the character
Like Wolverine being a crying alcoholic who doesn't fight anyone? Who would watch that?
>a good actor can play almost any role. There's not "type".
Bullshit. There absolutely is a type. It's called resembling the character. Phoenix has a saggy dad bod. That's like getting a skinnyfat twink to play Superman. Not gonna happen. Phoenix is also way too old at this point. They're going to pick some buff, handsome guy at least 10 years younger who they can get at least 3 movies out of.

Who they really need to get is a roided up midget with anger management issues.

Isn't the next Wolwerine movie about Old Man Logan?

Jake Gylenhaal

Someone shorter
Someone hairier
Someone uglier
Someone gruffer

I loved Jackedman but he's far from the perfect Wolverine IMO