Is there a single actor on the planet who can do both comedy and drama as well as this man?

Is there a single actor on the planet who can do both comedy and drama as well as this man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qWuH8wnm8lY
youtube.com/watch?v=M-q__knBahs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Idris Elba

Cruise
RDJ
Franco
Jack Black
Stiller
Pretty much the entire cast of Tropic Thunder

Most actors who can do comedy. Drama is pretty easy in comparison.

youtube.com/watch?v=qWuH8wnm8lY

It is funny to me how much of an academic actor he really is.

I can't OP you posted the best example

>this entire thread

Cruise can't do drama. Franco is a shit actor in general.

None of those actors are naturally as funny as John, save for maybe Jack Black since comedy is his main thing. Ben Stiller is just all around awful most of the time. Cruise is definitely a better dramatic actor, Franco and RDJ are arguably just as strong although I greatly prefer John.

Really? Born on the 4th, Last Samurai?

>Cruise can't do drama

he can't do comedy

He can't do drama he just plays steve brule in magnolia and that kevin movie

>Forgetting this kino and Gangs of New York

>Jack Black
>good at drama
>funny

Please stop posting lies

miss him

Literally this

Joaquin Phoenix.

Watch Her, Inherent Vice and The Master to see some of the greatest acting range of all time.

>Cruise
Can't do straight drama, but he's surprisingly comedically adept
>RDJ
Perhaps
>Franco
I suppose if you consider the James Dean biopic to be drama
>Jack Black
Can't do drama for shit
>Stiller
No.

He's a very strong dramatic actor, but there's no way he has the comedic skill of John.

Is that a serious question?

Best choice thusfar. His dramatic credentials are superior. I don't find him to be quite as funny as John (mainly because John can do so many different kinds of comedy effectively), but it's definitely close. Between these two, I would call it a wash. Also pic related. Not really a comedic actor, but he has been legitimately funny in a number of roles.

Unironically this man right here.

Forgot this guy

Jim Carrey.

I think you're forgetting someone

Besides Eternal Sunshine, what other drama has he done? Does Truman Show count as drama?

I love Reilly to death but he really doesn't "do drama". He plays the same persona in a dramatic film as a comedic one

>forgetting paranoia kino

The entire cast of The Godfather

I forget the name of the movie, but there's one where he abuses the fuck out of his wife and gives her some STDs, then she ends up killing herself. Pretty gritty shit.

23 is such a stupid number to base your movie on...

Nice try

kinda the point.

The Majestic is an alright movie, about McCarthyism, he's one of the better things about it.

>reilley is building up the hit list for his competition
Just watch, in the next year or so half the actors in this thread are going to have died in "mysterious" accidents.

John Goodman. He is a terribly underrated actor. He could be a big soft goofball teddybear in one scene, and in the next a fucking terrifying big guy

i still miss him :(

For shame, Sup Forums.

Am I reddit for thinking Les Grossman is funny? I appreciated Tom's idea of adding the huge sausage fingers as well, that was humorous.

Also, this is pretty funny....
youtube.com/watch?v=M-q__knBahs

You know it to be true.

Ray Wise

Man what I'd give to have a movie with him and John C. Reilly

jesus christ no

I unironically liked him as the dad in Speedracer.

This all the time in Roseanne

Martin Freeman is great for dark comedies, not true drama.

Good. Most of the actors mentioned in this thread are either kikes or SJW cucklords. At least John doesn't get involved with political faggotry.

PSH is the best actor Hollywood has produced in the last 40 years. By far.

very true

>he hasn't seen bernie
>pod and school of rock aren't funny

die

Feel that Reilly is overrated as a comedic actor. Great in serious roles, though.

These two

Patton Oswald biopic?

Eastbound and Down and Vice Principles are comedykino