Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/1b_kW_QkFSAeCjGVP51kVG6J10gR8YLStcNpzPh-ARC0/edit

Last weekend's thread:
desustorage.org/co/thread/83243862/

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/co/thread/82990181/#83051526
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last thread we talked about

-The Jackalope's rouges gallery
-The outline of the BreastQuest chapters
-Getting the actual pages that have been done of BQ organized
-News station crewed by people with mundane super powers
-Dinosaurs and feathers
-Kola girl superhero
-Tats investigating the suicide of a hero

In other related happenings
-Premier Comics/Pulp is making a come back, so anyone actually working on a comic could check that out

bump.

Speaking of Tats.

Anyone else see her motorcycle as less "YAY ADVENTURE!" and more along the lines of the end of Rumble Fish? The motorcycle being some old Russian model does lend itself to belonging to a former mentor or guiding figure.

I've never really seen it as "yay adventure" just whatever means Tats has to get around with her limited budget.

In all honesty, it comes across as rather boring to me. I'd love a story where she ends on one of those bullshit flying bikes like you see in Dragon Ball. It'd make more sense since anons are always flip flopping on where she lives: on the floating island or down on the ground.

Guess it'll be another slow thread.

Her father?

Do you think anyone in these threads who work on comics off and on would benefit any from the structure Pulp offers?

So what kind of space plots do you enjoy?

Going where no man has gone before alien stories or planets that resemble historical periods.

>planets that resemble historical periods
I felt Star Trek did that way too often.

I'm just a casual watcher of Star Trek so I never really noticed.

Though I once heard of a voyager episode about a chase through time and space, that seemed interesting but i don't think it counts as a space plot.

It feels a bit contrived.

I just noticed the bedroll strapped to the back.

They had a planet of Nazis, a planet of Chicago gangsters, a planet of ancient Romans, and a few others.

Only the Nazi and gangster planets were the byproducts of the Federation fucking up, enforcing why they have that prime directive they cling to so tightly in later series.

What kind of space plots do you like?

Drawfag here, If it'll save the thread I could do some requests if anyone's still here.

Don't usually frequent these threads though so a reference would be nice.

no lewd pls

Howdy! Some Jetpack Viking or Tats would be super cool.

How about some Dr. Castle?

How about another take on the Golden Attendant? He lives on a giant jellyfish monster in space that eats planets.

Working on this one, hopefully thread doesn't die before finished

Another current event thing is Dimension H put out their first "DH Presents" mini comic this week.

I try to make sure they last through the weekend at least.

Took longer than I thought. Never seen this character before.

Seems neat. Is he a good guy or a grey area fellow?

Looked back at this Golden Girl idea from a couple threads ago:

desustorage.org/co/thread/82990181/#83051526

And I've got an idea how Audrey's narration would go:

>PANELS 1-2: establishing shots of SQ and GG arriving and meeting the other superheroines
>"Sometimes Silver Queen brings me to [team name] meetings. They're superheroines who get together to save the world, or swap crimefighting tips, or just catch up."

>PANEL 3: the other superheroines treat GG with the sort of semi-distant affection adults usually give a friend's kid they don't see very often
>"They always tell me I'm developing into quite the superhero myself."

>PANEL 4: GG silently takes note of the fact that all the superheroines have fairly ample bosoms
>"And I've noticed they're all pretty 'developed'..."

>PANEL 5: GG looks down at her own chest, raising an eyebrow at the realization that she's the biggest one in the room
>"...But I think I might already be the most 'developed' one here!"

I think the last line in particular still needs some tweaking, but there you go.

Neat.

And the Golden Attendant is pretty neutral. He mostly studies Belvraik, the giant planet eating jellyfish he lives upon, attempting to attain cosmic enlightenment.

When you say different take do you mean a different imagining or just another drawing of that dude?

Hey guys. i was thinking of writing an ongoing JLA/Authority comic set in the coverse.

Why would I do such a thing with no artist and Literally almost no way to profit?
Fun and practice

Anyway, I was going to take lineup requests, there are a shit ton of characters to use and characters I like but narrowing it down to a core cast is proving a bit much

Just another drawing of the guy.

That's currently the only drawing of him.

Justice Sup Forumsmrades of Justice Coalition?

He's collecting different versions of himself from every universe Belvraik has devoured, and they're all linked up as part of a hivemind, so there's plenty of room for varying appearance.

I'm still trying to figure out how big of a role The Sup Forumssmic Ones should have in the space logs stuff.

I haven't put any thought into that in a while since I've been engrossed in other projects.

Had to do this one a little quicker but the idea seemed neat.

On the way sometime today.

Nice.

I've always wondered what kind of solo adventures Jetpack Viking must get up to.

Nice job!

What would happen if Jetpack Viking ended up in The Wandering Country?

I can post OCs here?

You can. It's what these threads are built upon really.

Yes, but you have to be prepared for them to be absorbed into the agglomerate mass of the Sup Forumsverse if people like them.

Just caveat to these two posts
since the /coc/ threads are to expand upon/fix/destroy/ things already on the /coc/ universe, for lack of a better term. the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

So, maybe the Donut Steel threads are a better fit for what you want?

A little tougher and I wish I was skilled enough to color it well, still fun though.

Does this guy exist in his own universe or does he inhabit one of the superhero ones these threads have?

Nice, nice.

He's a cosmic being, he exists in the same universe as all the other stuff in the /coc/ shared setting, he just exists somewhere far away from Earth, so he doesn't show up in anything that happens on Earth.

There's a handful of characters like that in the space setting.

Pulled from any

You should pick characters who at least know each other then.

I don't know the context for "Authority" is in DC.

You know, we're getting close to that time of year.

Any interest in drawing one of these two?

Maybe tomorrow. Any specific ideas?

Maybe getting a stockpile of rockets ready?

Big widescreen action, big powers big stakes big ideas. A lot of heavy hitters with cool powers fighting hardcore apocalyptic threats

I don't think we even have any heavy hitters, not the kind the big two have anyway.

What if you could hold the entire universe in your hands?

Given where we are, the astute user will deduce the most likely answer to this postulate is to stick your dick in it.

Now that that's out of the way, if the universe were in my hands I'd lament that the universe is so small that I have already seen all of it before ever being able to experience any of it.

I'd draw this out but it would require us to create a few new characters. Do we have any other strip scripts left?

What if it's all a matter of perspective?

I thought Harold was the one true son of the flying spaghetti monster, a theoretical deity who due to quantum stuff both exists as an entity and as a concept.

Then I would say the universe is somewhat wheel shaped, from a certain angle.

I feel only demons would really care what the universe is shaped like since they live between spaces.

Here's a couple that haven't been done that get re-posted every so often.

-Panel one GG jolts out of bed because a hero alarm is going off
-Panel two she's struggling to get her costume on while running (like hopping on one leg)
-Panel three she gets stuck in the door on her way out
-Panel four she's dealing with the speed of the bike causing her boobs to not be cooperative (they're bouncing into her face repeatedly in the sidecar if she's in the sidecar)
-Panel five she's punching a purse snatcher in the face
-Panel six ggcivicduty.png

>PANEL 1: Missiles streak through the sky.
>RADIO VOICE: Soviet missiles incoming! Those blasted Commies are trying to destroy Platinum City!
>PANEL 2: As the missiles approach the cityscape, something begins to rise up to meet them.
>RADIO VOICE: Deploy missile interception system!
>PANEL 3: The "something" is a gigantic bra, suspended from two poles like a slingshot. The missiles land in the cups with a loud "SPROING!"
>RADIO VOICE: Interception successful! The city is saved!
>PANEL 4: In the foreground, a general salutes Golden Girl, who returns the salute. In the background, the recoil from the bra sends the missiles flying away from the city.
>GENERAL: Golden Girl, your country is eternally grateful for your contribution to national defense!
>GG: Happy to be of service, General! That one was getting too small for me anyway.
>PANEL 5: Audrey suddenly wakes up in bed. It was all a dream. A book (her dream journal) can be seen sitting on her nightstand.
>PANEL 6: Audrey opens up her dream journal and begins writing in it.
>AUDREY: October 3: I had that silly missile dream again. That's the fifth time this week, and it's only Tuesday!

Makes sense. From a certain point of view.

So, pennc posted this elsewhere and it was in response to GG's costume not fitting the 50s era as well and looking a little too modern. They designed a new costume for her and I'm curious what Sup Forums thinks. I personally prefer the look she already has, but I'm a little torn since I do think the point about it looking too modern is a good point.

I think GG's more streamlined look she has better matches her personality, she strikes me as the type who would prefer tight fitting crime fighting attire because it's one less thing for a thug to get a grip on.

The cape can detach, but her shirt isn't coming off if it gets grabbed.

She's much too modest to actually fight crime in a skirt, what do you take her for, a flapper?

But I don't think any of this matters unless someone is drawing a comic.

I like this a lot.

>The cape can detach, but her shirt isn't coming off if it gets grabbed.

That feels kind of modern too. Capes are usually just assumed to be a nonissue in the era of comics she's in.

I think people forget GG is supposed to by genre savvy. It's actually in character for her to think that way.

Sometimes it works to her advantage, other times it doesn't since she can't see the comic book logic necessary to Batman logic the puzzle pieces together, which is another reason why she looks up to Silver Queen.

I colored something based loosely on this a moment ago.

Elsewhere being /aco/, which there is now a new GG thread on after the first one finally got to page 10.

>I think people forget GG is supposed to by genre savvy. It's actually in character for her to think that way.
Probably because we haven't made much use of that angle yet. We really should, that and the code filter.

So we need a strip idea where GG being real world logic savvy saves her and SQ, but her not being wrapped up in the comic book logic of the world makes her look naive when SQ figures out the totally random and unrelated clues as if the solution were obvious.

>I think people forget GG is supposed to by genre savvy.

Genre savvy means understanding the genre you're in. If capes are magically a nonissue in the setting, it is being genre savvy not to worry about it. You know that you will not have any problems from your cape, because you know the genre.

She's genre savvy in the sense that she knows to pull the plug to the death machine than try the controls.

She's not Henchman 21 genre savvy, she's just "it seemed like the obvious/logical thing to do" savvy.

>GG is supposed to by genre savvy.
why? for what purpose?
The Comics Code filter being a narrative joke I can see being humorous. Having GG break the 4th wall by knowing she's in a Golden Age comic story just makes her Gwenpool.
Do you guys want another Gwenpool?
Because that's how you get another Gwenpool...

>She's genre savvy in the sense that she knows to pull the plug to the death machine than try the controls.
but that's not what that means??
that's just having more common sense than her peers aka Loony Toons logic.

She doesn't know she's in a comic. That's self-awareness, not genre savvyness.

She's able to recognize and REMEMBER the patterns. She learns instead of stagnates.
There was an idea for a strip where she remembers she was in this exact same plot before and goes to where the bad guy will be before they get there to apprehend them before the rest of the plot can repeat.

And the purpose is because she's immune to the comics code. Her physical being goes against to the code, so the code can't censor her brain, it can't wipe the lesson of the day from her memory to reset her for the next plot like it can for almost everyone else.

Dude, bro. Please, no. Self-awareness and Genre savviness read like dookie, bro. Garbo, and pure trash.
Now, if her world adheres to, let's just called them old-timey comic tropes, for now, and she's plays more the "straight-man" to it all, then that's fine, I think.

Well let's see if GG carries the thread into Sunday's day light hours.

I don't care for your choice of words.

Golden Girl and the comics code is something that was set up since the character was made. It's not my fault you're just discovering this now.

If we were to ever have an actual story with Golden Girl and not just gag strips, it's there so we'd have an actual plot. That's the idea if we were to ever go through with a plot for this.
We probably won't ever have anything more than gag strips though, but it's still an element to the story that won't be going away since otherwise it becomes too one-note for even these threads.

>something that was set up since the character was made.
That sure reads like it makes sense, user, but ok. Still, that Gwenpool post ring true, and that genre-savvy thing is also skating close to it.

I had an idea for a group of villains based on these cringey photos I keep seeing of losers in black fedoras holding swords.

They're this bunch of insane white-knighty nerds with dangerous sword skills that cause all sorts of collateral damage in the name of "rescuing women" or "atheism" or "gamergate" or whatever kind of Reddit bullshit is popular with them. They're not like a huge threat; they serve as cannon fodder or throwaway bad guys or Villains of the Week for the Sup Forumsalition to punch around. Comic relief, even.

I'm thinking of calling them Fedora Samurai or something.

Thoughts?

>Thoughts?
It's shit.

Welp, back to the drawing board.

They're fucking producing more content than we are. We need to step up our game before the amount of lewd GG outnumbers that genuine article.

It already does, and yes we do.

Lewd always gets more content.

It's kind of a low-level genre-savviness, not fourth-wall-breaking at all. Back when we were creating her, I remember someone describing her as "practical, but not cynical," saying that where Silver Queen would punch out a death ray, GG would just unplug it. More about coming up with straightforward solutions when they present themselves.

And she's not aware of the Code's existence, either. She can tell that almost no one notices her bust, but she has no idea why.

Hurrmmm interesting let me see if there is anything in the lore to expand upon

The closest characters we have to that would be Skathi and Manny Quinn if he were wearing a certain outfit.

I'm not sure how powerful General Freedom is.

We have a lack of the flying brick type of character.

I'd say, it depends on how serious/goofy you want it to be.

General Freedom, Mighty Mantis, Duet, Motion, Colette, Ladybut would be a pretty balanced team.

Maybe also Conrad and BeesKnees.

>Ladybut
Freudian slip?

A Cap Hydra edit of Timmy Turner saying Hail Dinkleberg with his dad being the one tied up

Sounds like the kind of team that would get on everyone's nerves, who would they even arch?

You talked about a lot of stuff, but did you actually DO anything?

I don't recall if this was ever finished.

Whoever it would be would probably spend a good deal of their time griping about the quality of villain they have to deal with.

Dead thread

Less dead than many weeks. Unless it relates to big titty musclegirls or big titty lolis nobody seems to want to talk about it.

Have aliens encountered demons? And if not then why not?

Talk is cheap. Don't blame people for realizing that.

They probably have, alien civilizations that have access to magic would definitely have made contact with denizens of the netherworld and those who rely mainly on technology would have ended up with a doom scenario at one point or another.

I think that's ultimately what did in the Martians.

They tried invading Earth once, were stopped by Mighty Mantis apparently, then tried dabbling in mystic mambo-jumbo before the whole planet went extinct.

Though they might not have actually been Martians, they could've just used Mars as a staging point for their Earth invasion and then regrouped there when that failed.

Decades later Sup Forumsntainment builds a base on Mars and picks up whatever they left behind before ending up with a DOOM scenario of their own, then using that same tech to fuck with invading alien mercenaries by unleashing BRUTAL DOOM upon them.

Cookie and Springtime have this weird feedback loop whenever they work together, it causes wonderful awful things to happen.

Tried something different. Man, whoever designed this really liked their lines.

What's the story behind these two anyway?

Random user but I heard it the older one (July DeForthe) is someone who loves explosions and fire a little too much, and fights baddies with an array of high-explosive firework themed gadgets to get her kicks.

If it wasn't for the efforts of her 'sidekick' (April Showers) in putting out the fires afterwards she'd be alot more infamous than she already is as a 'hero'.

As for the relationship between the two April idolizes/looks up to July and thus follows her around helping out and calls her 'sir', in return July seems to consider April something kinda like an annoying younger sibling and more like tolerates her follower's presence.

Good show.

She might have some relation to Bombshell's /coc/verse counterpart.

Or she might actually be her counterpart since Bombshell is an Evilverse character and counterparts aren't 1:1.

Where I last left off in the space logs, Cookie was going to bring back an horror movie alien queen for her to have a look at.