Why did people hate this again

Why did people hate this again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xNQZF0KF-zw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NOT MUH SUPERMAN

They want a superman who is a transgender nigger

Not very many puns and quips, no looking at the camera and winking at the audience. The action was intense and important rather than a jovial scrimmage, problematic to audiences.

Capeshit for manchildren

because you won't shut up about asking why people hate it. They just double down on the hatred because you're an annoying cunt who only wants to discuss this fucking movie as if some grave injustice (haha see wat I did there) was done when the movie was loved by the populace and made lots money at the box office, though of course not enough for (((them)))

It's a shit movie and an even worse Superman.

because it is a tone deaf, disjointed fucking mess

Because:
>muh light fun action movie

Cause it's not that good. Although it's not that bad either. Just sort of mediocre. Has its moments though.

Director's cut when?

stop, my invincible son
don't save me from the deadly tornado

Yeah it turns out getting an autistic manchild director to turn your children's story into edgy grimdark blue and grey shitfest with overt film school tier symbolism doesn't work so well.

Honestly it baffles me that anyone expects capeshit to be anything but more of the same garbage at this stage

it wanted to be a "dark and serious" superman movie, but it was written by a particularly slow permanent teenager.

I agree. They wanted the movie to be Nolan like dark and grim story. But hired the director whose idea of dark and grim is Sucker Punch.

>Nolan
>dark and grim

Compared to other capeshit

Maybe it's just me but there's a point where an action scene, even a good action scene, goes on so long it becomes kinda tiring, if not actively exhausting. That's pretty much the entire last third of Man of Steel. And it doesn't really help that Zod wasn't really a compelling villain.

I really like the first half, for what it's wort. Well, most of it. I was never really feeling that not quite H.R. Giger look they had for Krypton.

Because it tried to adapt TDK's dark tone without making half as much sense

People don't hate it.

Ask some who watches this garbage in real life. Now they will all say they like it ...at worst you'll get a "it's okay"

Only MarvelPakis on Sup Forums pretend to hate it. Critics disliked it because they are Cinematic illiterates

Plebs can't understand kino.

Here we have a pseudo-intellectual who can't into actual cinema.

At least the movie is still relevant. Nobody talks about the first ironman, captain america, or Thor movie anymore. And don't even get me started on The Incredible HULK, bet a bunch of Marvel dicksuckers nowadays don't even know the movie exists.

>It's good because marvel movies are shit

>NOT MUH SOOPERMAN
>DIDN'T SAVE ENOUGH KITTENS FROM TREES
>I NEVER WANT THE CHARACTER TO DIFFERENTIATE FROM THE 1978 VERSION

He's a character for children. Trying to make it dark and gritty was destined to fail. If you still actually give a shit about superheroes you should probably kill yourself.

>its good because people are still talking about it
>t. OP

A bunch of pseud teenagers on a cantonese fishing board avoiding the fact that they're manchildren by trying to intellectualise a dumb superhero movie doesn't make it good.

T. Joyless faggot

>kisses girl surrounded by ashes of millions of people
>snaps zodd's neck
>quips about cape
In that order.

The movies you consume are mindless entertainment products created to sell toys and line the pockets of producers. They're about as joyless as it gets; completely devoid of anything that could be considered artistic expression.

was making a similar point at >its good because people are still talking about it
>makes threads about it hourly

Oh, I misunderstood your post. My bad

>glaring and obvious product placement
>generic religious imagery without context or nuance
>fundamentally distorting the character of Superman

Superman represents what the ultimate role-model, the most courageous, righteous and morally centered being in existence. This movie attempted to reign in his powers by saying 'the world just isn't ready' but it doesn't properly prove or explain this theory, especially since the climactic finale wasn't his fault. The movie is dark, literally, but not grim. All the violence and destruction that occurs magically never harms anyone, a city is obliterated and everyone 'evacuated in time'. Supes goes through the wall of an ihop at mach 4 but he crashes into an area where no one is sitting. It's a long, forgettable movie without consequence or punch.

It worked as a DBZ movie adaptation

>there are actually good movies that can be watched
>Sup Forums makes 100 threads a day about capeshit

Shots like this put the film over from mediocre to disgraceful.

>Let's turn Superman into a petty brooding asshole that only gets off his ass and saves the world because he travels north because the plot.
>We'll have him summon an alien death squad to our planet that kills millions and he'll murder people!
>How heroic!

To be fair, if you had two god-tier beings duke it out in the middle of Kansas, it would probably look like that. Nothing but big box department stores and fast food as far as the eye can see.

People fear what they do not understand

NOT MUH CHRISTOPHER REEVES

NOT HAPPY ENUFF

NO INSIDE OUT PANTIES

We get it. You're too dumb and have too short an attention span for actual good film so you need to intellectualise Snyder's garbage to differentiate yourself from the rest of the capeshitters.

I like the dark Knight and raimi spider man's but MoS is garbage, also apparently literal dbz tier anime cgi fests is good weighty action now

Because there is no character motivation nor actual development that happens to Clark. He's the same pussy when he was a kid and is the same after.

In fact the only character that had any actual development was the bad guy. But he's not even the focus of the movie.

The plot is very drawn out and convoluted, there are plenty of scenes which could've been cut down or shown in a way that didn't overstate the same exact thing.

Snyder can't write dialouge. Most of his dialouge are just lines that sound good for a trailer, but when in context of the film come off like an autist wrote it.

Snyders only saving grace is that he at lasts knows how to make decent cinematography. Which is the only thing people remember about this fucking flick

>Superman represents what the ultimate role-model, the most courageous, righteous and morally centered being in existence

So instead they actually made superman human and relatable? Got it, didn't bother to read the rest of your post, you seem to agree they did the right thing. I thought he was a believable character too

Like all new DC movies its Grimderp capeshit without any of the maturity or technical prowess of the nolan batmans

Maybe some people just like the fact that they didn't pull a Bryan Singer and gave us the same vanilla carbon-copy Superman we've seen a million times before. I liked Henry Cavill's more reserved and introspective take on the character as opposed to someone going through the stale "Aw shucks, oh jeez Lois" version we've seen a million times.

youtube.com/watch?v=xNQZF0KF-zw

>Because there is no character motivation nor actual development that happens to Clark. He's the same pussy when he was a kid and is the same after.
Blatantly untrue.

>doesnt provide a counter argument

Nah hes a shitty character

Not going to bother providing a counter argument. You've shown you will straight up lie to suit your argument so you're not worth the effort.

They looked at the top of his head

Am i the only one who loved this and BvS? i feel like im in bizarro world. BvS is probably the most smartest capeshit of all time.

They know not what they do.

>Clark saves a bunch of children on a bus as a kid
>gets scolded because he thought he did the right thing, but didnt take in account the consequences

>clark snaps zods neck because he thought it was the right thing, but didnt account for the consequences

Sounds like the same pussy to me

maybe its because MoS, like most of the DC properties are totally disconnected from reality in the worst way. fucking superscientists and mad geniuses around every corner. Usually that super science is used as a major plot device and the whole of DCU feels contrived as a result. Its very hard to suspend ones disbelief through the ENTIRE movie.

Superman is just a boring character, I liked the fighting scenes they were quite stunning (same with Superman vs Batman) but the story and characters were boring as shit.

>yeah, I only like sophisticated capeshit like a sophisticated person like myself

Because Supernormies didn't realize what a boring, stupid character Superman was until they watched it.

Wow it's almost like the theme of good intentions having unintended consequences is a theme that leads straight into Batman Vs Superman.

>making a non-character for the sole purpose of making a sequel

wow you are a retard

I watch films to gain a deeper knowledge of myself and the world. marvel flicks just don't provide that it's literally wasting your money to kill off brain cells.

Snyder has provided capeshit for people with high IQ's this is why you hate it because you cant understand.

user, i think you're the one that's legitimately retarded to fail to grasp to concept of a recurring theme compared to a character's motivation.

wow you sure showed me

>a reoccurring character theme is the same thing as a having a good character or using this as an excuse for not developing a character

keep trying DCuck

That's literally the complete opposite to what i said. Keep trying, shortbus!

>BvS is probably the most smartest capeshit of all time.

>most smartest

He was baiting.

Because it's designed to appeal to emotionally stunted manchildren who like to watch prerendered MMO trailers and think a 40K movie would be "epiccccc!!"

It's narratively vacuous, visually uninteresting, and its characters are more in line with how autistic people think humans interact.

It's the epitome of capeshit.

Superman saved people since he was a kid and saved those people in the bus, then he keeps saving people. At the same time he wrecks a trailer when he got angry (Somehing that Supes won't do because he never lsoe control), and he kills Zod in the end.

So basically it's a story of how a teen boy always used his power and never grew up to be a mature person to make the right choices, and prefer destruction AKA the opposite of what Superman is.

Ya got me

>So basically it's a story of how a teen boy always used his power and never grew up to be a mature person to make the right choices, and prefer destruction AKA the opposite of what Superman is.
But he was still maturing even at the end of the movie. By the time BvS came around he gotten a much tighter grip on his anger. I love the deconstruction of the Superman idea and presenting him on a very human level. It gives him room to grow and potentially become the savior we are familiar with while also allowing him to be relatable because he struggles with questions that a lot of people struggle with as well.
I don't know maybe it's because I dealt with anger issues for pretty much my entire teenage life and only really overcame them in my early to mid twenties I relate to this particular Superman pretty deeply.

don't apologize, it bears repeating.

Validation via response has killed just about all intelligent discourse.

I've never cared about superheroes...well, except for Batman I guess. Superman never really appealed to me. The whole boy scout thing is boring as fuck.

But I liked what they did with Supes in MoS. Actually giving someone character development in a capeshit flick is pretty rare. Anybody shouting NOT MUH SUPERMAN needs to die alone and painfully.

>he's just like me!
>except he can fly and lift battleships and shoot infrared beams from his eyes

He didnt actually become Superman until the end of the movie you medically diagnosed retard.

You talk as if that's a new concept and you are the first to figure it out. That formula has been in place for 40 years, so you can't really attribute it to any kind of recent decline.

Release the world engine!

Do you honestly not understand how humanizing a character works?

You mean the flashback to him as a kid striking the "superman" pose wearing a red cape?

Comic autists hated it because muh superman.

I personally hated it because the last 45 minutes is just noise. You can only see a hero and villain take turns punching each other through various buildings and structures for so long before it becomes tedious.

I seriously don't know. It was nonsense, but so is all capeshit.

Literal autism