Is Chuck so terrible that he deserves what Jimmy has done to him?

Is Chuck so terrible that he deserves what Jimmy has done to him?

No.

Yes. He sold out the last of his family just because he's jealous of Jimmy's people skills.

abso-fucking-lutely

I've never hated a character more in my life, which means I guess the actor and writers are doing a good job making him utterly unredeemable.

>muh mental illness

fuck him I've got more mental issues than he does and I'm still not that much of a heartless cunt, there's no excuse for secretly sabotaging your brother's life because you don't want to have to admit that he has good qualities and makes a good lawyer, because that would mean your entire life image of being "the smart older brother with a dumb younger brother" would be ruined, so you ruined your brother's life just to maintain the image you have of him.

What a fucking cunt. This guy is the biggest cunt in fictional tv history. Deserves to be skinned alive with an electric saw

Yes. He is a fucking hippocrate.

This.

as an older fucking brother

A younger brother is allowed to be jealous of his older one but an older one who just doesn't want to see his younger brother succeed sickens me to the core.

i had an older brother as a younger brother who was an asshole to me because he was jealous of me, so i know how it feels. This serious hits me in the feels too much, there's nothing worse than growing up thinking the world is sabotaging you, only to realize that your family was sabotaging you all along because they were angry at life and taking it out on me for daring be a better kid than they ever were.

Yes and hopefully Kim keeps thinking this and doesn't get mad at Jimmy for finally getting sweet revenge.

We still don't know the full depths of why he hates Jimmy. I'm very sure the writers are hanging on to some revelations.

I don't buy this "I care about muh sacred law" horseshit. The scene with their mom dying is just the tip of the iceberg.

He's harboring some deep resentment to want to keep sabotaging his brother year after year.

you are a younger brother, right?

it's obvious why to any younger brother, myself included.

All younger brothers know why chuck hates jimmy, we don't need more revelations, it's obvious because we've all lived it.

Older brothers do not like being outdone by their younger brothers, and they will frequently sabotage them to make sure it wont happen. Maybe this doesn't happen in rich white-picket fence households, but in poor families the older brother is like a dictator and he acts like a male lion with his siblings being the females.

No I am an older one.
But I love watching my younger brother succeed

The fuck is wrong with you all that you see Chuck as normal

That is fucked up.

confirmed for younger brother or neckbeard with no brothers larping

It's too easy to just hate Chuck. I mean, he is a complete dick, and going after Jimmy's law career was basically going too far, but we all know Chuck is basically right.

I mean he's not all bad and he's got good people skills but that doesn't excuse the fact Jimmy is basically criminal scum.

you grew up middle class or rich, right?

in poor households there is rarely enough for everyone, it's a zero sum game and somebody goes hungry, that someone is me, who is currently 24 and 140 pounds because of not getting enough nutrients as a kid because my older brother ate everything.
There's no competition for resources in a middle class or rich family, everyone can afford to help each other. But in poor families it's likely only one child will make something of himself and the rest will be losers, it's just statistics.The children in poor families fight over scraps and become quick to anger and highly selfish since that's what they needed to be in order to survive, the parents play the kids against each other to toughen them up and naturally the older brother has the advantage in these competitions every time.

so if you're not poor like me or like Jimmy's family was as a kid, you won't understand his relationship with his older brother. If you're like me however, and your parents have been pitting you against your siblings since before you could walk and you've had to fight for the resources to survive then you'll understand their relationship. They are not brothers, they are competition, because that's how life is for the poor.

rich kids tend to not understand and that's understandable

No I am genuinely an older brother. I would fucking die for my younger one. I risked going to prison already for him and I would do it again every time.
What the fuck is wrong with you.

No fairly poor. But in europe so we were never hungry or anything.

i like chuck

but he deserved to be BTFO

it was the only thing that could make him change

That's not Chuck, that's Sneed.

I don't know. I think it basically is that simple. He feels with every ounce of his being he is better than Jimmy and that the law is some pure virgin his little brother shouldn't be touching. Jimmy being the person who raided tills, then used to con money from people until he was saved from prison. Chuck being a paragon of virtue who went to good school, did everything the proper way, etc. He feels sick when he thinks he has the same status as slippin' jimmy

Except Jimmy hasn't actually done jack to him. Everything that happened to Chuck is his own damn fault. His autism, his refusal to admit that he has issues.
He should be bagged, tagged and sent to a psych ward forever.

guys an idiot. "the law" in the US is so blatantly corrupt and fucked beyond all usefulness, a shallow veil over a prison industrial complex that uses small time offenders as free labor.

How can you be part of the most corrupt justice system on the planet and be so deluded that you think you're a goody two shoes? everyone knows lawyers are fucking scumbags, that myth died decades ago. Makes me hate chuck even more, guy is utterly unredeemable.

Jimmy went out of his way to help that tool and help him with supplies for his condition. Chuck shat of him for some petty ethic that is far from relevant to him considering he's like a cabbage in that house.

Disgusting faggot he is.

I could never do anything like that to my brothers and would do everything to protect them against the shitehawks in the world.

>I could never do anything like that to my brothers
Not even if they personally took care of you for several years while you were deranged and mentally ill?

I mean Chuck recording him and setting him up like a cunt.

Chuck knows Jimmy is prone to being crooked though, and he also knows he's committed a felony as a certified lawyer. He didn't want to send him to prison, just to disbar him, which is actually in Jimmy's favour if he ever got caught for any other felony, which Chuck might well expect, he'd be going away for years.

t. Chuck

I find it hard to believe that lawyers are morally pristine and never use any method they can to win the case.

they don't doctor court documents no, and the 'evil lawyer' achetype is a load of shit, lawyers mostly spend their lives working for peanuts helping people.

Yes, you know all lawyers and they are really very clean and would never defend someone they know to be guilty yeah ok.

Anyway. this show isn't called Better call Chuck so he can sod off, he's took up more screen time than anyone the crusty tinfoil wrapped jerky chicken pleb

pretty much, most lawyers are extremely clean. As for defending the guilty, that's totally irrelevant, it's the same as saying Doctors shouldn't save bad people you retarded prick.

Also Chuck will be totally vindicated when Jimmy fucks Kim over, it's nice to know scum like him doesn't come out on top.

now imagine being the fucking middle child. worst of both worlds.

Kim's annoying though so I don't care either way.

I don't have an opinion, I just wanna post some MEW

He blames Jimmy for his father's failing business.

I have to 2 older brothers and I haven't lived that.
I'm doing worse than both and it's pretty much all my fault.

Yes
If he wanted Jimmy to be clean he could have just simply let him work at his firm like family members do all the time. He woudlve still been in charge of Jimmy and it all could simply stop there.
He also couldnt take Jimmy becoming a lawyer has the incredibly flattering gesture it was, a younger brother literally admiring the older so much they basically try to become you. Chuck was basically Jimmys idol
But even after Jimmy proving himself countless time and still sabotaging his career all the while pretending jimmy is unsuccessful for not working hard enough. Thats just despicable
Letting your brother live in a shit hole massage parlor and then let him take care of you in a way that would be a full time paid job for any other person while demanding he work harder in his own job is so pathetic.
Finally Jimmy had every opportunity to make the easy buck with Chuck because he justifiably could put him in a mental institution, cash him out, and have power of his money. He could even use Chuck's logic that is for the ultimate good, which is probably true with that degree of mental illness
Instead Jimmy never tries that and Chuck tries to ruin his actually viable career that he made all on his own.
What is even the most sad is the degrees of pain Chuck will endure just to spite him.

Which is annoying because he could be a man and talk about it to him
The business was doomed to fail anyways and Jimmy actually tried to give his dad some pragmatism

Most poor people Ive been around smell like their clothes sat in the washer for 3 days and never dried.

the world has convinced you of this because there's no use in believing anything else, but your older brothers instilled in you a sense of caution and inferiority that has plagued your development and conciousness. If you've ever seen the anime HunterxHunter, it goes over this with Killua and his brother, you are definitely less brave, less assertive, and less of a risk taker because of the fact that you are a younger brother. You might not even realize it but your older brothers have permanently affected your psych even if they don't realize it, it happens to all younger brothers.

When do you ever speak openly with other family members about the resentments you've been harboring instead of lashing out randomly?

>HunterxHunter
Stopped reading there.

lol

>grrr anime!

run along now

>shitty shonen anime
ftfy

it might be shonen but it's the best shonen ever made. The story is incredibly mature and touches on psychological themes, that's why I mentioned it.

Maintain your irrational hatred if it makes you feel better though.

Stop trying so hard.

>anime
>mature

also inb4 feigned smugness about most people thinking anime is shit

>those contact lenses
What does she look like with glasses?

it's legitimately a good show and has more mature themes about childhood development and family structure affecting psychology than most "mature" anime does. Go ahead and name drop an anime that explores developmental psychology as maturely as HunterxHunter does. Everyone knows it's one of those animes that comes out of nowhere with the depth and blows everyone away, you're just a contrarian.

>taking a couple of dollars from the till every now and then will make the business fail

you're moralizing, which is the exactly the problem that chuck has--life is not a moral question, not ever: in this case, the question is, are you a monstrous faggot that betrays your family

"cutting ties" with jimmy makes sense, he's a piece of shit

but law is just a way of getting paid for your loyalty, apparently chuck isn't loyal if he isn't getting paid

hijacking a thread about Better Call Saul to talk about your favorite anime nobody fucking asked about

do you think those "grr anime" types who always pick on you and make you feel sad might have a good reason to hate you?

The worst thing about him is how he reacted to Jimmy getting his law degree in secret while working in his firm's mail room.

Obviously Jimmy did some questionable things as a kid, but how unsupportive Chuck was to him when he decided to finally make something of himself (while being incredibly supportive of Chuck and his made up illness) was fucking terrible.

Yes, fuck Chuck

yeah switch the goalpost faggot, you're the one who made it about that anime when it was just a minor reference I made to enhance a point. Fucking hypocrite.

"wahh my anime tho, why is everyone oppressing me"

kek formally underrated

not an argument. I'll take that as another Internet victory to put on my wall

Can you guys stfu about your shitty bangladeshi cartoons, this is a better caul saul thread

>everyone knows lawyers are fucking scumbags, that myth died decades ago.

blame them for getting triggered like a bunch of feminists as soon as any anime is mentioned

Why did Nacho Cheese fill Tio's capsules with tylenol? Is he trying to slowly kill Tio by destroying Tio's liver?

it's pretty obvious by now why he hates him, I don't think this show is for you

Why didn't Chuck tell Jimmy that their dying mother asked for him? ;_;

I'm looking at the artstyle it just seems so whack to me yet all my friends that I've seen it say it's 10/10. what do you think user

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR CHILDREN'S CARTOONS THIS IS Sup Forums NOT Sup Forums

This, amongst other things, is what makes Chuck the faggot in this scenario. Chuck hates Jimmy for "stealing from his father" but there's a scene in the second season at the beginning of an episode that shows young Jimmy at his store with his father, and it clearly demonstrates that Jimmy and Chuck's father was a "sheep" and that Jimmy was doing basically the same shit that the entire rest of the town was doing (taking a few bucks from his dad's store). Chuck is so out of the loop and so vindictive that he essentially blamed their father's death on Jimmy alone and continues to hold the grudge against him because their parents like Jimmy more. Chuck is a bitter old faggot and deserves all the bad things that come to him.

But Jimmy is a blundering fool and deserves the bad things as well.

The author is pretty infamous for really shitty lazy art.

>tries to destroy his brothers livelihood

when you grow up and go to college and get a degree and then spend another four years in postgrad you may begin to have a sliver of appreciation for how much of a CUNT Chuck is. he tried to destroy his brothers ability to earn real income. FUCK HIM.

Chuck is Lawful Evil operating under the guise of Lawful Neutral.

Wrong. He does want what's best for Jimmy. Jimmy is a degenerate criminal and a lying psychopath like the dirty lawyer he is. He will go on to help murders and drug dealers launder their money among other things. He's scum and deserves prison time to rethink his life. There is no excuse for what Jimmy did.

CAN'T KEK THE CHUCK. LAST bastion of morality.

Did you get an assistant to write that out for you or could you stand long enough next to a computer to type that post out Chuck?

You sound like a mong arguing quantum physics.
underage &b

>muh magna carta
This expression indicates Chuck's confusion and lack of understanding. When confronted with something he cant understand or respond to, Chuck will mumble "muh magna carta" or "muh magna carta + 1". This is usually followed by seizures and sensitivity to perceived electromagnetism

No. Chuck is doing the right thing. THE LAW HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING. You fucking degenerates.

But Chuck is going around the law.
He doesn't use the tape before an actual court because he knows it's useless there.

He's an asshole, but he's right. We all know how things pan out for Jimmy. Whether Chuck is the catalyst for him becoming a bigger evil than he could have been remains to be seen.

Family > Law and anything else
You piece of shit

It was ibuprofene and yet, it does damage the heart.

He hates him because he did everything right while Jimmy did everything wrong and everybody still loved Jimmy more because he was funny and charming and shit like that. And then Jimmy had the fucking balls to go and become a lawyer the easy way while it took Chuck the dedication of his life to get to where he was.
Chuck hates Jimmy because he always had life served to him on a silver platter when he didn't deserve it, and Chuck, who's always been a good person who worked hard for his achievements, always found himself under Jimmy's shadow. Why the fuck should Jimmy now be a lawyer like him? He knows he's gonna use it to his advantage like the dirty con man he is. The law is the last thing Chuck had to himself, the one thing Jimmy couldn't take from him until he did.
Honestly, the "Fuck Chuck" mentality is strong on the fandom but Chuck might just be one of the best written, most fascinating antagonists I've ever seen. The guy is an absolute asshole, sure, but it's so easy to see his point of view once you think about it. He thinks of himself as the hero of this story and knowing how Jimmy ends up in Breaking Bad we know what he says about him ends up being true in the end.

>become a lawyer the easy way
>getting a law degree without support from anyone while working in a mail room
>the easy way

I never said that? Anyway, this is the thing that the Breaking Bad universe is really good at: Making the audience choose who is morally superior. Chuck and Jimmy are both shitty fucked up people, but at the end of the day you're going to side with one or the other based on emotions and not reason. Bravo Vince.

Yes you said that. It's right in the second sentence.

I have no fucking clue why he's pretending to be the guy who wrote that because that was me.
Yes, Jimmy put some legit effort as we know that he was trying to clean up his act and become legit and he admired Chuck, but Chuck was done with Jimmy's shit at this point. He just knew Jimmy passed the bar at the shittiest University he could find via mail while he had the best education possible. Once again, he saw Jimmy doing the easy thing and figured he had to have been doing it for his own personal gain. Why wouldn't he? That's what he had been doing his whole life

I got confused I thought I wrote that post but I didn't

How fucking new are you?

This though: Chuck's hatred for Jimmy's likeability is easily seen in the scene where he makes a lawyer-joke to his (now) ex-wife, after having been a dick to Jimmy for doing the exact same

Why didn't she laugh at his?

maybe you're just an asshole