Post your experience/conversations with people in this quadrant

post your experience/conversations with people in this quadrant

here in Canada, there are many of them for some reason.

>talking to college friends a couple weeks ago
>50% of them are dudeweedlmaos
>one of them brings up how the internet should be a human right
>i argue that it can't be a human right because you don't need the internet to survive. people on welfare don't get to have internet.
>he says "dude try going like 3 days without internet man you can't do it you have to use it for everything now"
>wut
>"how does a guy on welfare even get a job like you need an email address so they can contact you"
>wasn't actually sure how to answer this, so i let it slide as a fair point
>then he talks about how internet should be free because the infrastructure is already there, you're literally paying for nothing
>then goes on to say that people should only have a pay like $50 and can have anything they want on the internet at the fastest speed since it's the ISPs that are throttling data

Other urls found in this thread:

bgp.potaroo.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just call him a nigger and move on with your life.

no he's my friend he's just a dumbass

that is the stupid quadrant, by design it can't even exist because it contradicts itself

I have never had a productive debate with anyone who falls in there.
and I have a lot of debates, and not in a cunty way that a lot of people seem to think debates work. Civilized if sometimes passionate discussion and everybody leaves as gentlemen at the end.

except for green quadrant people, they are the ones that shriek and start name calling

idealists that don't understand the implications of what they want

>by design it can't even exist because it contradicts itself
can you divulge into this?

Explain how this quadrant exists and what it is supposed to be. How does this work within the limitations of our society and biology.

The centre of this quadrant is socially liberal and economically liberal, far left libertarianism makes no sense because it argues for more state control whilst claiming to be against authority, when it comes to libertarianism there should only be the socially conservative right wing libertarians and the socially liberal centred libertarians, they are both supposed to be economically liberal so the left shouldn't exist here.

I'm in the green quadrant and there's nothing you fucking leafs can do about it!

Murricans vote Jill Stein pls

you can not believe in social freedom as well as economic restriction
by heavily controlling economic means you are in itself taking away social freedoms
if I give you little to no say in how you do business by heavily regulating you, controlling your salary, redistributing your money to others and to fund public projects. I am directly effecting the way you live your life and what you are able to do

green is the only quadrant that actually steps on its own toes
to make a broad stroke
blue: the way in which you earn and spend money is entirely left to you, however you are not allowed to do certain things I deem degenerate

purple: you can do what ever you want, period end of story

red: I will control every aspect of your life

green: you can do what ever you want except when you can't, because I believe heavily in regulations that stop you from doing what you want
no you can't open a small business out of your house, you need to join a labor union controlled by the state. And you sure as hell can't save your money long term there will be penalties for not circulating back into the economy, not that it matters because we will be taking a lot of it away in taxes so you wont have much to save anyway. We may even go so far as to put a wage cap on you so if you ever make more than a certain amount your tax rate becomes 100% and all your additional earnings go to the state.
Other than that, do what you want with the leftovers

So if you are in this quadrant you believe that people will voluntary redistribute wealth for the betterment of society?

??

pic explains it pretty well. This is a basic one.

Back to syria mohammed

One I talked to simultaneously believed in high taxes on everyone, more than 50% and that the government shouldn't have any authority over people.

This is the principle belief of Anarcho-Communism, to create a 'gift economy', but it's madness because it assumes that most Humans are empathetic and generous and not selfish pieces of shit

I'm in the green quadrant and I know what I want

-Health Care to be a human right
-Education to be federally funded
-Tighter regulations by the EPA and FDA
-A tax on how much money you earn rather than a flat one

But I also want

-Complete freedom of speech
-Freedom to own WHATEVER you want
-No equal employment
-No welfare

ISPS do throttle data

if you have 1 gig a second

your neighbor has 10

you can go over a gig because he is not using the full 10 but that traffic is tagged so if he wants his full 10 that will be dropped because he is paying for and is guaranteed 10 the same way you are guaranteed 1

a typical switchport is 100 MB with a few 1, 10, or 40 GB ports for backbone traffic. I think these peasants overestimate how powerful network technology is.

they also don't take into account how much overhead things like routing and acls add on top of the processor to slow things down.

bgp.potaroo.net

BGP table ain't small

we don't have a flat income tax now you fucking retard

healthcare should not be a right because fat fucks will expect their neighbors to pay for their shit

unless this free healthcare excludes things that are self caused and could easily be avoided

Thus as I thought, it is the quadrant of 14 year olds.

Internet isn't a human right, if you can't afford it, go to the Library and use it for free.

I get it, so you want freedom except for when it comes to how much money people make, how much property they have, what they put in their bodies, choice in the medical treatment they get, where they get their education, what the content of their education is

go ahead bro, shoot for the stars and amass great wealth so you can own what you want! just know I'm going to take it all away from you to fund my pet projects, so you may as well just keep your 9-5 and be a wage slave your whole life

>Having stupid friends

I agree with your statement that the libertarian left is stupid and that you can't have an intelligent conversation with them because there's too much mental gymnastics going on. However, I think the internet thing is a bit of a bad example. To me, negative rights are the only rights and positive rights are actually just entitlements. People should have the opportunity to get access to the internet, but they aren't entitled to the internet just because they're alive and breathing. On the other hand, I do think ISPs are a bit of a coercive monopoly that are only in place because of various government regulations that prevent the set-up of new competition.

Our ISPs up here do fuck us in the ass though. Data caps are the most retarded fucking thing ever. It's not a finite resource. It's not like there's only so many TB their routers can push before they just shut off for the month. But since normies are used to paying for things by volume (eg: water, power, gas, virtually any physical good) AND since ISPs can make a fuckton more money by raping people on overage charges and "upgraded" plans, well of course they do it. But we're all still getting fucked up here.

10/10 for making me reply. Let's start with definitions. Negative rights do not require other people to fulfill. So you having the freedom ot get a gun, you having the opportunity to work, the opportunity to try and access healthcare, etc. Positive rights, also known as entitlements, require someone else to take steps in order to fulfill them. Examples: health care being a human right, education being a human right, etc. If you're libertarian you believe that government should be minimized and should not infringe on anybody's negative rights. You also believe that individuals shouldn't infringe on other individuals' negative rights. However, health care and education are both reliant on the labor of others and are positive rights/entitlements. Being a left leaning libertarian means you are for big government but also not for big government. Do you understand the logical inconsistencies of some of your demands?

>You can not believe in social freedom as well as economic restriction

You can't experience full freedom as long as murder is forbidden.

could you not argue that the freedom to own a gun is not a negative right since it requires labour to create the gun just as it requires labour for a doctor to treat patients?