Is season 3 or 4 better?

Is season 3 or 4 better?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_&_Dragons)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How the fuck is Avon not evil but SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT guy is?

What a stupid fucking chart holy shit.

Avon funded Cutty's gym
Clay ate bribes from everyone and played them all like fiddle

4, but season 2 was probably the most interesting, but had the worst characters

3. Was not a fan of the new nigger on the block.

Taking bribes doesnt make you evil, just self-interested.

Avon was a legitimate criminal who up until that point sold drugs to anyone, including kids.

I was just guessing the logic behind the chart man
Avon had a "code", I suppose. He still had his own morals, fucked up as it was. Avon is more a product of the fucked up system than a part of it. Clay on the other hand was a part of the system and actively contributed to the corruption of the government. If you interpret The Wire as a story of how the system is failing the people, Clay was definitely evil

Of course this is all bullshit. Clay never killed or ordered a hit on anyone

season 3 has a lot of pottery (muh 9/11 parallels, stringer and avon betraying each other) but 4's arc where three of the kids just get completely fucked out of a normal life because of circumstance grabbed me more

Might make more sense if it was the lawyer instead of Clay? But still Avon should be neutral evil

What would Levi be considered?

>punk ass Namond got a good end
>Randy got a bad end
>Dukie got a bad end
>Michael got a....good end, kinda?
Shit broke my heart to be honest

Levy is the same as Clay, part of the system and taking advantage of every side
I guess I would say Prop Joe is more fitting on the chart, but the fundamental question here is what do we define as evil, or at least more evil? Banging on the street or fucking up the system?

Lawful evil I say

I'd say Levy is more evil than Clay since he is more clearly breaking the law with getting info about witnesses etc. and didn't Clay say to Fremon that lawyers are 'behind it all' or something. I think I would change Avon's and Clay's/Levy's spot.

Season 4 doesn't have enough McNulty

Avon did all he could coming from his world (or at least that's what he thinks)
He constantly gives back to the community and is repeatedly shown to care about his people.
He probably sees himself as a villain, but only in the sense that it was the only way for him to conquer the American dream and become something of value (again, from his perspective).

Clay just straight up didn't give a fuck. "I'll take any motherfucker's money if he giving it away"

Season 4 is to dark for me to call it my favourite season. It's the most well written season, without a doubt. With the most interesting plots, characters and development.
But it's so depressing and dark that I can't find that spark of enjoyment that I find in S1&2.

And for the record: S3 might be a bit weak in some parts. But I absolutely love "Bunny Colvin's Jolly Adventures in Hamsterdam: The Motion Picture". There is no doubt that it's one of the more ridiculous plot lines, only second to "Jimmy M and the Red Ribbon", but it's such a great discussion topic since it splits the opinion of everyone, no matter political stance. And it's still nuanced enough with so many different aspects and problematics to it, that it keeps the discussions interesting through the years.

2>4>1>3>5

Hamsterdam gets a lot of shit and it should, but it was a window of brightness in the shitstorm that every character calls the game
Bunny didn't serve to lose his job at the Hotel or the Hopkins gig though. I'm glad at least the hippy liberal researcher teamed up with him

>omar not chaotic

Yeah, it's difficult for me to relate to a city with 3x the murder rate of my country, but he without a doubt deserved getting the axe from the force from making that abomination. You can even notice how the dealers thought it was a bad thing. Or at least the ones who came up with the older and more structured generation of gangsters.
But it did work out pretty great for the people who weren't in the game and didn't get caught in the crossfires. But I can't say I think that makes it right.

He was without a doubt a great dude, though. He just wasn't cut to deal with any of the politics, no matter the job.

One lesson I learned from the Wire is the cost of doing the "right" thing
Frank dealt with the Greek for his people and earned him a nap with the fishes
Jimmy made up the whole serial killer bullshit to get the cops more funding to do actual police and that fucked everyone
That hot shot and Sherrod ;_;
Bunny's unbending morals were tame relatively speaking

My new boss reminds me too much of Frank.
He is kind of a simpleton, but always so nice and trying so hard to make everything work for the company and the employees.
Him doing deals with gangsters without fully understanding what is going on wouldn't surprise me for a second.

One thing that stuck with me is that anything is possible if you have enough suction

Me too. That's why I became a faggot.

Omar is chaotic neutral.

ITS FUCKIN CHEESES TIME TO RULE

>1
There#s nothing chaotic about Omar. he had a pretty rigid code that he stuck to. If anything he was lawful neutral.

Omar was neutral, but by no means lawful

Okay, but he definitely wasn't chaotic.

>There's nothing chaotic about Omar. he had a pretty rigid code that he stuck to
He conformed to his *own* code, which was at odds with both sides of the game, and was thus unpredictable. Therefore, he is chaotic.

Is there a more satisfying scene in television history?

Omar's code upended the entire system. He preyed upon dealers and dealt with the police. His actions are disruptive to both the law, the rules of the game, and basic morality. He is chaos embodied

That's what "lawful" means in the D&D alignment chart, though.

You should read this article:

Omar would always follow his own code, so you could always predict what he was gonna do. That's the opposite of chaotic.

Uhh... no it doesn't.
"Chaos" or "order" is the result of outward observation. Ziggy, possibly the most chaotic character in the show, would proclaim to have his own code.

>you could always predict what he was gonna do
Did you watch the show??

objectively wrong:

Yes. Every single one of his actions made sense when viewed through his code.

i thought this was making fun of idris elba but then i saw two white guys and now i'm confused

>character alignment
This only works in D&D

Also, you'd think the Greeks would hire a middleman to deal with Baltimore gangs instead of having Vondas introduced to new kingpins all the time, exposing him

>Chaos implies freedom, adaptability, and flexibility. On the downside, chaos can include recklessness, resentment toward legitimate authority, arbitrary actions, and irresponsibility. Those who promote chaotic behavior say that only unfettered personal freedom allows people to express themselves fully and lets society benefit from the potential that its individuals have within them.
That's Omar nigga

>Someone who is neutral with respect to law and chaos has a normal respect for authority and feels neither a compulsion to follow rules nor a compulsion to rebel. They are honest but can be tempted into lying or deceiving others if it suits him/her.
That is.

A chaotic character would have no problem killing someone who wasn't in the game.

ITT
Fuckin nerds trying to turn The Wire into a tabletop RPG

>A chaotic character would have no problem killing someone who wasn't in the game.
Wrong. An EVIL character would have no problem killing someone who wasn't in the game.

>but had the worst characters
objectively incorrect

You're right, it's retarded. I don't even like PnPs. Sorry user, I stop.

Kickstarter when?

could be an rts, wherein you battle and negotiate to take control of the streets and grow your baltimore empire.

Nah. MMO. However, you don't get to pick your character. You get what they give you and you make the best of it.

Also you're a nigger.

Nah