I've seen every live action movie adapted from Marvel and DC comics. Ask me anything

I've seen every live action movie adapted from Marvel and DC comics. Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e0oeY1KMY9U
youtu.be/vNu6RVLXAR8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you have good taste?

The fact that I've seen EVERY movie including the shit ones and paid money to see Batman V Superman clearly shows that I do not.

Why would you ever sit through Catwoman, Steel, and Elektra?

Would you take that meme back to Sup Forums pls?

LIAR. YOU'RE A LYING SPOOKY SKELLINGTON MADE OF LIES AND SPOOKY.

It doesn't show anything. All we know is that you've seen them, we have no idea your opinion on them, which is what would give us an idea of your taste, so...OP is a fag

Legitimate question, I was thinking of watching The Trial of the Incredible Hulk, should I watch the rest of the series first or is it fairly standalone?

How was The Spirit?

Why? Because why not? Catwoman was good to laugh at and Steel was fun as hell to watch. Elektra... I wasted my life on that one.

You'd have to ask some specific questions. Though the one I enjoyed the most is The Adam West Batman movie

It's pretty much standalone but you might as well watch the series anyways. It's a good ride.

Swamp Thing 2?

Pretty forgettable, really, didn't leave much of an impact.

Worth the watch for Heather Locklear's godawful acting alone and really awkward stabs at comedy.

Why would you watch live-action DC, OP? Live-action is not DC's strong-suit.

daily reminder that TDK crushes the entire MCU combined.

So which Hulk movies are good, and which ones are bad? Because trying to ask most comic fans will just give a response like "All Hulk and Fantastic Four movies are terrible."

>one great movie makes a dozen awful movies worth watching
sure. I'll just stick to my mcu that is mediocre at the very worst

So does this include all the serials?

It's not like Marvel hasn't had some terrible movies: Nick Fury, the first 3 Captain America movies, Howard the Duck, both Ghost Riders...

Why would you watch Jonah Hex? Don't you have any kind of self-respect?

I guess if you like that impression of Johnny Galecki that Heath Ledger does sure

gud meme

>talking shit about Spirit of Vengeance
It's stupid but damn it's a fun kind of stupid.

I prefer the one based on the show myself. The other ones have bits and pieces I like. I prefer the Norton one myself because he's a great actor and I enjoy him in most everything.

I've seen MOST of the serials. I loved how terribly racist and George Reeves Superman was good to watch for how catty and snarky he could be. I could have missed some.

I was hoping to see if there was something I liked and no... there's not. BUT MEGAN FOX PLAYS A PROSTITUTE GUYS and she's not memorable at all.

For fun kind of Stupid you gotta go with The Mask, Steel, Roger Corman Fantastic Four, The Supergirl movie...

Oh yeah and the Generation X TV movie. That was pretty fun too.

What's an unexpected gem? And what fan favorite did you hate?

Corman F4 just for charades Dr. Doom, The 1989 Punisher, I actually enjoyed Superman 4 for what it was.

I think Spider-man 2 and Avengers 1 are overrated movies that don't hold up as well on rewatch.

Is Jonah Hex so bad it ends up circling into fun territory?

No, but Catwoman does.

I thought Jonah Hex was roughly as fun as Green Lantern, to clarify.

>Generation X TV movie
That one was quite silly. Any my introduction to there being more to the X-Men past the cartoon.

Thoughts on Howard the Duck?

Howard being from another planet and trying to get home didn't really mix well with the "save the world from demons" plotline.

Like, had George Lucas not have been stubbon and made Howard a cartoon like how Who Framed Roger Rabbit mixed live action and animation the movie might have been passable.

Also I should have kept track how many times I heard "dead duck" in that movie.

Still, the song at the end was catchy at least.

What is the most re-watchable film? A film you won't mind watching for the third or fourth time?

I dunno. I try not to rewatch movies but I don't mind the first 5 Batman movies that much. There's Superman 2 the Richard Donner Cut and Spider-man 1 is campy enough to rewatch.

Why live?

What did you think of Doctor Strange?

Favorite song from Howard the Duck?

Which is the better costume?

It tried. It really tried. I would have preferred a more true to the comics origin story over what we got.

The only song that matters
youtube.com/watch?v=e0oeY1KMY9U

The right.

Would you say Doctor Strange is worth tracking down and watching at least a little bit of it for the bizzareness/ product of its time factor?

Yes, absolutely. It's weird I'm warning you.

youtu.be/vNu6RVLXAR8

hows wife senpai?

She's doing fine.

Is Steel worth watching?

How's her son?

Yes very much so. It's incredibly 90s.

bump

It's actually an impression of Tom Waits from around the Small Change era.

Of all the movies you watched, which felt the most unnecessary? You already said the worst but which one specifically hit you as, "God, why was this ever greenlit?"

If the answer isn't Superman Returns, what makes your answer more unnecessary than Bryan Singer's "the real Superman 2"?

In 2006 WB commissioned a no name screenwriter to write a Doom Patrol movie. It's been ten years and nothing's ever come of it. How big of a bullet did we dodge?

Possibly Supergirl. It tried to spinoff her but changed her origin considerably. It tried to spin off of the Superman movies but the ONLY actor they could get on board was Jimmy Olsen. Like why bother?

Superman Returns felt like just crapping out a movie to stay relevant but ASM2 felt the same to me too.

I dunno there's also the first two Captain America movies they also felt completely pointless and just waste of a really easy origin story to do. But then Nick Fury did the same thing of just missing the point of the character.

It's hard to judge. Maybe Elektra or Catwoman fall into most baffling because of how poor they were to the characters and how Catwoman tried to distance the character from Batman.

Yeah, I guess I'll go with Catwoman.

Probably would have been as terrible as the newest fantastic 4 movie.