Italianons, pls explain me the slur ”Terroni”. I found the wikipedia page myself...

Italianons, pls explain me the slur ”Terroni”. I found the wikipedia page myself, but I think it was mostly historical information.

What does it mean in today’s life? Who are they and how to detect one. Is it a stereotypical thing? Are there tensions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D5XOiz11fwU
youtube.com/watch?v=cbbMIg-Aw8E
youtu.be/_9IbyYdBtBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it means southern italian or veneto ( terroni of the north)

white?

Whiter than you Jeung-paek

Terroni = southern Italians
It is a poorer region with darker skin colour. Padaniafags hate them because muh tax money, muh heritage and muh jobs.

??

s-stfu

still whiter than average amerimutts

Hmm.. it means there are tensions, as seen from my mongol hut.

So Padanians are the opposite of Terroni?

It's arguable where Padania ends and Terronia begins. Some says that all italians are terroni, some other says that only the southermost are. Some says that venetians count as terroni too. The most agreed-on definition is that every italian from a region southern than Emilia-Romagna is terrone. Most make it about race (southern italians are naturally browner because of arab influx and hotter climate, while northern had more german, austrian and french influx and a foggy climate, so they are whiter), but is more about behaviour. A terrone is seen as lazy, uneducated, ignorant, poor and able to do only manual works, if he ever works. An imaginary terrone spends all day lazying and generally being an useless piece of shit, eats a lot, speaks in dialect , dresses horribly and unelegantly (see and ) and shit like this. Padanians, instead, see themselves as professional, hard workers, serious people, true "italians" (while they argue that Padania should be independent because, and this is a fact, you can check regional GDP even on Wikipedia, without having to pay for the debts of southern Italy, Padania would be the richest region in Europe, surpassing even the richest regions in Germany, France and England).

This is pretty much it, the rest you can guess by your own. The closest thing I can think of is a more defined version of the mediterranean vs norther european, which you surely already know just by being here.

Forgor to mention: I'm from Bari (Apulia), so I would qualify as terrone.

Bari used to be a Arab Emirate, so there's that.

Thank you user.

nah there's no real tensions except from those venetian autismos
there's a reason other northerners call them terroni of the north

Tfw could pass as local as southern italy

As you can see, the t*rroni are the cancer that is slowing a whole country down

While Northern Italy is more similar to Germany (in terms of productivity) the South more closely resembles Kenya or other failed states.
In my humble opinion, everything under the Po' should be cleansed by nuclear fire

>veneto is terroni

why? i never heard of this before

It's a meme. Veneto is a region that always pushed for autonomy, so calling them terroni is a great trigger

Geographically speaking, kinda. However, terroni may call northern people polentoni.

My family came from Lombardia to Sao Paulo, so I just laugh about it, since I came from the richest region of the country.

subhumans on a whole new level, probably because of all those years slurping austrian semen

Forgot polenta picture

>be polentone
>emigrate to brazil while italy is going to shit
>italy recovers but brazil is still shit
>your descendants are now macacos instead of rich gucci boys in Milan
man your great-grandparents really pulled the greatest prank in the family huh?

>polentoni

Thanks for this word user, it gave a lot new search results to research this.

lol why. this meme is new to me, i didn't knew venetians were hated.

They live in the best part of Brazil, where is far better than South Italy. South Italians moved to USA are the poorest "white" subgroup live in ghetto.

>best part of Brazil
big fucking deal

Maybe Sao Paulo is a huge shithole but at least North Italians live in expensive mansions pic related.

>terroni of the north
kek

>”Terroni”. I found the wikipedia page myself, but I think it was mostly historical information.

are you new to Sup Forums?
Italians here call other italians terrone all the time

>Padania would be the richest region in Europe, surpassing even the richest regions in Germany, France and England).

nah not really

On average the best parts of Brazil are still worse than the average parts of South Italy
Because in Italy no matter how bad it is you don't have a predatory population looking to murder and rob you at every opportunity

>are you new to Sup Forums?

Not so new, but I have never noticed the thing before desu ladm8. The term just came up outside this tibetan elephant sculture board and I knew anons would help me to get the idea of it.

Poor Norway confirmed for Ukrainia tier.

My friend, I really like my life in São Paulo. Moreover, I have an Italian passport, so it is not because I can't go back, but because I like here.

Not that guy but you have to factor in that an independent northern Italy wouldn't have to pay the kind of taxes we pay right now that we have to keep the entire country alive, you can't really say how much the productivity could rise by cutting something like 100 billion euros in taxes per year and it probably wouldn't get to the level of the richest regions in europe but it would still be pretty high

>an independent northern Italy wouldn't have to pay the kind of taxes we pay right now that we have to keep the entire country alive

please north italy has gained all of government spending for almost ever, this is the reason lega stop with indipendentism, it would'nt be convenient

1. it's not true
2. it would be ok since government budget consists mostly of Northern taxes

>this is what t*rroni actually believe

Important difference, we are proud of being polentoni, we are not offended by that. Instead terroni are very triggered when called terroni. But don't worry they are short and inactive .

tfw you come from the most southern city in italy and all the infrastructure comes from 80's north italy
help we are stuck in time

youtu.be/D5XOiz11fwU clear example of a terrone. you're welcome

*Teleports behind you*

Everything good you know about Italy is from the north
Everything bad you know us from the south

good cuisine,sun,sea?
arent these known good things about southern italy?
inb4 o mar e o sol

You'd be surprised of how many Southerners are still absolutely SEETHING in just hearing his name

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

O SOL
O MAR

those are in the north too.
To be honest pizza is the only good thing known worldwide.

>sun,sea
every fucking time
lmao @ terunas

lmaooo fuck yall I only visit sicily on vacation and they are the best moments in my life, to my knowledge the people there looked perfectly white just with a tan from the sun but light eyes still
They were midgets though

Why? Did they still want to be ruled by the Papacy?

well,you could also talk about the ruins of Megale Hellas but it's a boring topic for most people so there is no use in bringing it up in this scenario

Are they high quality ruins?

no,by the king
sicily where?

>Muh sun muh sea

yeah
Syracuse,Gela,Taranto(Only Spartan colony)
Messina,Thermae Imerae
I could keep going for ages

around palermo and shieet

kinda thought that by saying that they were midgets

palermo ain't that great kiddo, i see you're easily impressed

... And it would lose its main market, ultimately putting most of the North in precarious conditions

What do Italians think of Furios anti-north speech?
youtube.com/watch?v=cbbMIg-Aw8E

terroni is taken from terra = soil

the slur implies that southern italians are too dumb to do anything more complicated than working the fields

they are kept like shit

southerners are notorious for their slave mentality, they hate democracy and freedom and that's why they hate garibaldi
they even voted to keep the monarchy in a referendum so they could continue being serfs like their fathers and grandfathers before them, keeping alive the ancient terun tradition

it's not great but it's ok

Eating kebab pizza atm lads

By Borbone but yes
Sure Unified Italy's international policies further penalized the South's economy at the end of the XIX century, many had to emigrate and any uprising has brutally repressed but I've heard 30yo actually believing that Southern Italy was better off under an absolute monarchy founded on reactionary Catholicism and rural barons with 0 enterpreneurship because the Savoia "stole" the allegedly vast treasure in gold that the Borbone amassed
Forgive me if I'm not feeling much sympathy towards Southerners who emigrated to the North but idolize their lands spouting this kind of "we wuz" shit

we don't think of them since they're italian americans and we're italians. two completely different cultures

It's true though. The south would have been better off staying with the Borbone.

In the Show though Furio comes from Napoli and he hates the north

LU SOLE
LU MARE
LU IENTU
LU EVASIONE FISCALE

Napoli is the Calcutta of Italy

Well he's reciprocated

>northen always have the money, the power

yeah because we work to feed your stupid ass lol

North is subtropical too, at least according to our standards, 2 days of “fog“ (we have it every third day from Nov to Feb) don't change that

bullies

i don't know about that. i don't think south italians hates north that much. i think it's north italians who hate southerners quite a lot. i'm from the north and i think the dislike we have for them is because we really act, think and behave differently. south italy and north italy are vastly different. it's like new yorkers and rednecks basically

Era il 1860 zio
Qualche decennio ancora e almeno la Sicialia sicuro se la sarebbero mangiata i francesi o gli inglesi

so you are saying that you are working for our well-being?

Of course they don't hate us as much as we hate them. We have been gifting them money for the last 100 years

napoli is truly the scum of italy. followed closely by sicilians

>implicando che non sia meglio con i francesi o gli inglesi
però che schifo ti immagini i paliemmitani a parlare inglese

What he says about Native Americans is exactly how many in the North see terroni

veneto stato indipendente
*drops mic*

L'uno l'avrebbe impedito all'altro

SUUUUUUOOOOOOCCAAAAAAAAAA

Oh kek see that I understand

Basta che ascolti un maltese

Everyone who's not from Naples hates Naples though, even in Campania
It's like there's this competition about who hates them the most

Of course people from Campania hate them, they get lumped in with that hellhole

What's wrong with this? Looks okay

youtu.be/_9IbyYdBtBU

Like the North of Italy is free. Northern Europe isn't free either. Only the illusion of freedom.

You're deluded if you think you have freedom. The entire political system is rigged. And I'd argue it's you who has the slave mentality.

grillo come home you're drunk

anarchist leftypol fag

t. brexiter with slave mentality

>good cuisine
I'm not even italian and I know the best food comes from emilia

Best rated Chefs are actually in Verona

Naples is a cancer

emilia doesn't have shit
also they are communists so that's not possible