Why did they make the American guy seem so incompetent in this movie? American Exceptionalism, ever heard of it...

Why did they make the American guy seem so incompetent in this movie? American Exceptionalism, ever heard of it? He should have been a better fighter, and a MUCH better shooter, and the japs should have been relying on him. And then the gooks have the nerve to complain about racism against them in real life, when they so clearly racistly portrayed an Exceptional American as a buffoon. Damn, I'm mad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vxFzqqFZ-No
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>He doesn't get it
It's supposed to be a subversion of the typical John Wayne action hero, by making the side-kick the real hero. It has nothing to do with racism, just a comedy making the archetypical hero an incompetent buffoon

its bait, dont bite

>Little China
>japs

6/10 Made me post

youtube.com/watch?v=vxFzqqFZ-No

Why does John Carpenter hate his fans?

Because he's met them.

>inb4 they ruin this movie by explaining the origin of everybody in a prequel

If that's true, why does Burton kill the main bad guy in the end?

They're remaking it with The Rock.

He just seems to hate everyone at this point. doesnt stop me from wanting to have a good beer with him at some point

I understand his bitterness. He made a bunch of great movies that were panned by critics and ignored by the audience at the time when it would've made a difference for his career.

He literally just smokes weed and plays video games now.

Can't wait for a RAUNCHY take on Big Trouble in Lil' China. Imagine the Rock doing Kung Fu - STREAMS of PISS will be flowing through the theatres into the streets. The critics may not like it but that would be one RAUNCHY lil' remake for the FANS

>Big trouble in #litty China

>TFW when they'll probably miss the point entirely and make Burton's character the super duper action man the original was making fun of

it's a parody of action movies.

Great movie

Reflexes.

Sidekicks sometimes deliver the killing blow to the villain, via deus ex machina.

Plus, Kurt had reflexes.

HATED the ending of this movie as a kid.

>hating on BTILC

Pretty boring movie.

>Sup Forums
>where people go to complain about their fe fes
youre just as annoying as "sjw"

>getting mad over b8

What a pleb thing to post