Batman: The Brave and the Bold

We're all aware of how good the BatB Joker is, I assume? He's just what we need in this age of DC pushing Jared Leto and other assorted edgy nonsense in his name. The character works best with a touch of class and that old-time comic flare.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5H94FHVGeEE
youtube.com/watch?v=0O9FdXcYr3I
youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M
youtu.be/dtmb8sYyorM?t=3m3s
youtu.be/E7JO_lOZP9k?list=FL3byU0tf4Nv_SOxVohLM-Qg
youtube.com/watch?v=fAFP0IoMfsA
youtu.be/tsJ1SWNy4vo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was a great way to portray the Joker without trying to imitate BTAS

Joker works as a balance. Can't be too silly, but can't be too serious. Has to be terrifying, but also has to be incredibly fun.

>that Jeff Bennett voice acting
>that Emperor Joker adaptation
>that qt flapper Harley and Marx Brothers muscle
>Joker: The Vile and the Villainous
I miss this show, dammit.

stop shilling the comics code age

>That fucking Doom Patrol episode
>Currys of Atlantis
>Music Meister
>Superdickery
>Super Neon Talking Bat Luge
We didn't deserve something this good.
Fuck off faggot.

>We didn't deserve something this good.
Ya, which is probably why it only lasted 3 seasons, but it was still a decent run and the finale was one of the best finales any capeshit show has ever had. Fuck, most capeshit shows don't even GET finales.

i will be forever grateful that bennett lent his voice to batb, it was a gift.

emperor joker was the best adaptation of a comic arc in any animated series, and it pandered directly to me and my need for the batman/joker dynamic.

i miss it, too.

>>Super Neon Talking Bat Luge
What's this?

here you go

youtube.com/watch?v=5H94FHVGeEE

My favorite Aquaman ever is from BatB; after all, how could you not like someone so OUTRAGEOUS?

i don't understand how you can watch the 'let's mock the shit out of batman' show if you like batman

>liking a character means you can never make fun of them

BatB was basically "Silver Age Batman: the cartoon"

Where the fuck can I get downloads for this.

No matter how dark or brooding he becomes Batman is a man who dresses up like a Bat to fight a bunch of reject Dick Tracy villains. If you can't step back and laugh at the idea sometimes then you've got a problem

also he was created to entertain children

That episode where he tortures Batman by killing him again and again after he gained Batmites powers.

I did not expect this show to be this dark.

By having a sense of humor. You just sound like a bitch.

This was a show made by people who loved the characters and stories they were working with and it shines through in just about every episode.

Magical.

Casual detected. Read some comics before posting on this board.

His heroic Redhood doppleganger was so good. Dat voice like butter.

Perfect

>group pic of super people
>the elastic guy is ALWAYS stretching his neck

BatB did 4th wall breaking better and before TTGO

youtube.com/watch?v=0O9FdXcYr3I

But Batman never tracked down all of the Equinox shards...

And didn't rely on trying to directly piss people off. Even when they made fun of critics calling the show too goofy all it was was "Batman has a rich history that allows him to be portrayed in different ways" rather than saying "This show is for kids only and shouldn't appeal to anyone else. Fuck you.".

I think I have to nominate Chill of the Night for best episode overall. It's hard.

youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M

Or, you know, he's a versatile character that can change to fit the tone of the narrative he's being used in, while.still being true to the character's core tenants.

Brave and the Bold fags hoisted by their own petard!

That Superman episode was my favorite, and I loved that they shined the spotlight on Captain Marvel and the Marvel family. I just wished Wonder Woman had an episode but that short with Steve was good enough.

>0:54

Wait! Holy shit! Is that the guy who tried becoming Harley Quinn's replacement in Batman TAS?!? youtu.be/dtmb8sYyorM?t=3m3s

Go to 3 minuets and 3 seconds in, it's totally him.

that's actually Paul Dini

Did the Penguin get to be the featured villain for an episode? I know he cameo'd a lot.

Yes. He's on par with Hamill's Joker.

I dunno about that, its a good joker but Hamil has pretty much become THE Joker

They're incomparable. They're both great for different reasons.

>He's on par with Hamill's Joker.

You should cut your tongue out.

I still think this is the best animated joker.

I love that Bennett voiced four different versions of the Joker.

Why?

I'm a sucker for Golden Age, so I agree

>No one ever complained about the Joker's boner.

He did, he was on that episode where Aquaman tried to go on vacation with his family

Splendid.

He was also in the Scooby Doo one.

Oh shit, that's right, Mystery Inc. crossover. Man, that was the perfect storm.

Same. Just saw Journey to the center of the Bat by chance the other day, it's a 10/10. Aquaman and Atom were absolutely perfect here.

Loved that episode. The "bent, but not broken" part is really well done and show clearly the difference between Red Hood and Joker

While I agree he's great... fuck I DESPISE that design.

Egghead! It would have been great if he got an actual role. Maurice LeMarche does an excellent Vincent Price.

youtu.be/E7JO_lOZP9k?list=FL3byU0tf4Nv_SOxVohLM-Qg

i've always wished for another story where they work together ever since "game over for owlman" and i guess i got it with europa.

batb was utterly perfect, though. this was one of my favorite episodes.

Batfags still struggle to understand that to this day.

>it was still a decent run

52+13 is a full run though, the only way it would have lasted longer is if they relaunched with a different name like Ben 10 does.

It's a shame that nothing ever came of them wanting to do a JLI spinoff, or a movie.

>No Brave and the Bold Flashpoint with
Adam West reprising his role as Thomas Wayne
Why did they do this to me?

>"And here comes Batman!"
>It's Batgirl

I love how completely ridiculous the whole finale was.

I kinda liked this Joker, but he wasn't the best animated one. They wasted Brent on this one.

>Joe Chill confesses to having created Batman
>BatB Joker laughs like a maniac because of how he and everyone else in the room is about to beat Chill to death for creating Batman

Great moment.

Also his inevitable betrayal during the Counter-Earth two-parter was wonderful.

I'm still mad about that Batgirl show not actually being a thing. And that the Batgirl: Year One movie was cancelled. A show starring a young Babs fighting Killer Moth or Firefly as main villains with characters like Poison Ivy or Joker being villains built up to for season finales would be great.

It would be cool if it were like Supergirl in that she's overshadowed by Batman but still tries to stay relevant, with Batman bailing her out if things get too difficult.

Oh God, it still hurts

i laugh at parody sketches but that shouldn't be a whole show, one which means no other show can exist as long as it's on
people who value the silver age are the casuals

Platelet will return to defeat Dr. Manhattan.

>they never made a SDCC Exclusive Bat-Luge Batman
Wasted opportunity. Those shitty recolored Batman action figure variants deserve more canon recognition.

>tfw nobody has mentioned this
youtube.com/watch?v=fAFP0IoMfsA

It was already a slightly exaggerated version of a real toy.

Ra's al Ghul's armor from the JSA/JLI episode was also based on a B:TAS toy.

I think it ended before Flashpoint.

I still want that COIE musical.

>but that shouldn't be a whole show

And it wasn't, did you somehow miss Chill of the Night?

>people who value the silver age are the casuals
Casuals see Silver Age Batman and laugh it off as "not muh Batman".
Like you're doing.

>Tin even standing before Superman
Truely great

as they should be
Batman started as a noir rip-off of the Shadow
not like the silly stuff of the silver age

Is this on any streaming service or do I have to use something like Streamlord?

If all you do is focus on the very first few issues you miss out on the batmobile, Alfred, Joe Chill, Joker's Red Hood origin, the penny and t-rex and so much more that was introduced during the "zany" years. The reason why Batman has endured and Shadow hasn't is because all of these silly things are in his dna. He's not just a Shadow expy.

I actually agree with you, after a decade of Hamill Joker, it felt nice to hear a different voice

I loved him to, especially the part where he's giving batman clue to where he was being held hostage

Goddammit, don't make me cry man...

It's on Kisscartoon.

What's crazy is that it's basically totally lifted from that one bit from the BTAS episode that also homages TDKR. I mean, I know they're both playing off Silver Age Bats but the designs are almost 1:1

>BTAS episode that also homages TDKR
So who went back in time to script that homage?

Which episode is space ghost? I never saw that one.

Bold Beginnings. Space Ghost is only in the cold open, though.

youtu.be/tsJ1SWNy4vo

>Returns
Oh, that...that makes a lot more sense.

Sweet. Thanks

woah, this was from BTAS?

Is the comics as good?

You mean the best age?

>tfw no CoIE Musical

It's from an episode where 3 kids tell stories to eachother of times they "saw" Batman, IIRC.

Some seemed OK, but other seemed too kiddy, even for this show.

Silver Age Batman kind of sucked and the show doesn't take a whole lot from it. It does take from other comics' Silver Age issues though, and they were gold.