Inherent vice in a maritime insurance policy is anything that you can't avoid. Eggs break, chocolate melts...

>Inherent vice in a maritime insurance policy is anything that you can't avoid. Eggs break, chocolate melts, glass shatters, and Doc wondered what that meant when it applied to ex-old ladies.

So what the fuck DID it mean?

Fuckin loved this movie, even if I didn't understand it all.

Joanna Newsom, paranoia, PTA. Pure kino.

Unwatchable, complete shit.

The herp, for sure. Nobody looked clean from Belladonna on down.

I've seen it a couple times and read the wiki article and still don't know what is going on. But excellent film with cool aesthetics.

>couch scene
what did they mean by this?

@83499210
Un(You)able, complete pleb

whats your favourite movie

is this fucking good or not

Is that how you mean to defend this trash? To shit on my favorite movie?

Fuck no, complete wanker bullshit.

i want to gauge your taste to see who im dealing with

I'll just go with PTA, Boogie Nights is miles above this mess.

your favourite movie is boogie nights?

Stop being dumb. My favorite PTA movie is BN.

i didnt ask what your favourite pta movie was. you're the dumb one here.

You're looking for dumb argument. Of all the movies I could have said, I say the director himself has a better film than this shit.

lol you just lack the eloquence to list the merits of something you give a shit about

The film is about Mk ultra mind control.The girlfriend was a mind controlled sex slave and the resort that guy was at is brainwashing facility.

Knowing Pynchon you might be right

My favorite movie is Dr. Strangelove and I also think Inherent Vice is trash.

"We want The Big Lebowski audience, but PTA's vision"

It was a boring, tedious, and uninspired movie. Glad I borrowed it instead of paying money to see it.

not really but its an interesting watch

she was only going to come back alive if she did exactly what they wanted

welcome to pynchon novels
it's like the big sleep but it hoodwinks you into believing there's a plot

it's like life and it's designed to be that way. any kind of continuity or narrative you give to your own life is all in your head. in reality life's far oo bizarre for that.

>So what the fuck DID it mean?
That nothing good lasts forever.

what a stupid interpretation of pinecone.

inherant vice, for instance, is about the CIA jumpstarting the hard drug industry in the united states for the sake of inoculating the west against communist sentiment, and, as a result, the destruction of the American dream was treated as casually as commodities that couldn't be insured due to inherent vice.

So the bitch literally cucked him?

Not really. They were hippies. She had already been gone for a while at the start of the movie. If anything he cucked witherspoon.

Not even Pinecone knows lol

I do believe that's kind of the point. Much like in The Big Lebowski, Doc had practically no influence on the events that were happening around him. I think the point of both, if there even is one, is that 90% of life is just random shit happening due to the actions of other people, and it's all about how you choose to respond to things, rolling with the punches, and always doing you.

Why did they photoshop some panties on her here, she was fully naked in that scene.

I think its about how you can lead a conscionable existence and act righteously in a place and time utterly saturated with corruption.

Anyone else felt like this movie ripped The Big Lebowski off for some parts? The crazy stoner protagonist, the private detective in the car.

Can someone tell me if I liked this movie?

It's the fucking no mans sky of cinema

i wondered about that too. i think it was photoshopped for the trailer. they didn't use this exact shot in the final film at all...

You can't have a bare naked vagina within six inches of a man's crotch according to MPAA guidelines, even if it is only an implied vagina and not actually visibly exposed.