Will the MCU end after Thanos is defeated? They've hyped him up as "the most powerful being in the universe"

Will the MCU end after Thanos is defeated? They've hyped him up as "the most powerful being in the universe".

Will Marvel acquire the rights to Galactus?

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/movies/marvel-studios/37035/marvel-studios-how-long-is-left-on-everyone-s-contracts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Galactus
>A bigger threat than Thanos
I think they could go towards Secret Wars as the next BIG EVENT.

It goes

>Galactus
>Apocalypse
>Thanos

In terms of power level

Galactus was never really a universal threat though. Yeah, he'll eat planets, but he never is trying to get some galaxy busting weapon.

>"the most powerful being in the universe".
I don't recall anyone saying this. Especially since the Celestials are shown to exist.

"They printed out a new [map] recently that went to 2028," - Kevin Feige

Yes, for Avengers that is and I think Spider-Man comes after that?

Why are there still people who think the MCU ends with Infinity War when Feige is already talking about phase 4 plans?
Shit, Sebastion Stan has a fucking nine movie contract.

>I don't recall anyone saying this. Especially since the Celestials are shown to exist.
It's said verbatim in the same movie in which the concept of Celestials are introduced.

>"(Ronan), you cannot! Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe!"
>"Not anymore."
Huh, so it is. Unfortunately coming from WHOrath I'm not sure where his intel is.

i hope they don't just make galactus a villain after thanos. Considering Galactus' whole theme is he is neither good nor evil, they should have him as a character who gets involved but not as the main villain, sort of like the collector in GotG

the bubble will burst well before that

why would it end

just because thanos is the most powerful supposedly doesn't mean there arnt more world ending events they can do

CW was great and didnt have the fate of the world on the line

>Will the MCU end after Thanos is defeated? They've hyped him up as "the most powerful being in the universe".
Only if you think the story about power levels.

It never is. Power has nothing to do with it. If you think the plot is about heroes getting more powerful to defeat a supervillain, you missed the point of superheroes.

After Thanos, I'd prefer to see them do Kang.
But he's still tied up at Fox, so I'd say... Celestials.

Korath didn't even know Star Lord, man.
He's an unreliable source.

>Will Marvel acquire the rights to Galactus?

If the news of FF sequel by Fox is true, thenn not soon enough

>muh bubble

Topkek

Oh, please. What are they supposed to say? "It was a piece of shit. We hope you'll forgive us while we try to bury this abomination."
They're a major movie studio. They can't admit to fucking up. They didn't say a word about both Hitman movies being fucking awful.

Just like how the bubble burst with Guardians of the Galaxy. Or when the bubble burst with Ant Man.
Go home, Sup Forums. You're drunk.

Except Hitman does not contain leverage to a property that another bigger company wants
FF is purely about keeping Galactus

Just wait until the Square Enix Cinematic Universe happens. Then Fox will be glad they sat on the rights.

I thought it was about keeping Doom?

When they've concluded the Big Cosmic Thing - I think people will have had enough of superhero flicks. Some new genre can pop up.
Or perhaps Marvel will make smaller movies, stories where it's not about the end of the world or constant escallation, but the smaller stuff, personal stuff.

Yeah, these movies will be as popular as they are now forever.

Masters of Evil

You need FF to setup Doom which Marvel doesnt want to do especially after Fox has raped the franchise so much

Galactus can easily be setup in GotG and has more value for cosmic storylines

They tried to get the rights only for Galactus and Silver Surfer for GOTG because they wanted to show clips of them, and they offered to extend the ownership over Daredevil for Fox because they were about to start producing a movie, but instead they showed a celestial.

I know bruh

Talking about the situation in present. Should they want to use him in future MCU movies

>Sequel
>Sue's actress don't want to return
>Michael B. Jordan will play in Black Panther
I don't see how would they make a sequel to Fantfourstic.

>You need FF to setup Doom
>Implying that they can't make a movie out of Books of Doom, with making movie about Doom, instead of FF

If Fox has them under contract, then it wouldnt be too hard

>They've hyped him up as "the most powerful being in the universe".
So next you go Multiverse.
Beyonder bitch. Secret Wars for Phase 6.

Power Level

1. Celestials (as a group)
2. Galactus
3. Thanos
4. Apocalypse

>Secret Wars
Nah

Maybe not.
By 2028, easily.

Right because action movies about people with incredible abilities is something invented by Marvel. This new concept must be a fad.

Only if you think in terms of soley power levels

Civil War was lower in scope than TWS and IM3, yet it still works as a continuation to those. There's plenty of stuff they can do like have the next Phases lead into an MCU version of Secret Invasion and yeah, the Celestials are out there

What if Josh Bolin dies this summer?

I remember when someone used this scene as evidence that Kang would be the villain of GotG2
>LOOK! a pyramid!
>And the Eiffel Tower!
>And that one guy has a blue face if you freeze it here in low quality and quint really hard!

then he gets replaced duh

Marvel has had no problems replacing actors in prominent roles in mCU

Didn't you see Jonah Hex, he can't die.

Goddammit Secret Invasion a shit, user.
At MOST it should be a Captain Marvel sequel.

Yee.

I think they'll do Runaways as the main franchise after Infinity War, and the ultimate villain will be the Gibborim.

>Will the MCU end after Thanos is defeated?
No, same way the MU didn't end every time he got defeated.
>They've hyped him up as "the most powerful being in the universe".
Doesn't matter, they'll do the same thing with the next Big Bad.
>Will Marvel acquire the rights to Galactus?
Irrelevant, there's plenty of other cosmic baddies they could use.

It's not like you always have to raise stakes either.

More interesting question: why are moviefags so dumb?
It's not just that they don't read comics it's that it seems they don't even watch movies (which do that "oh my God, there's another, new, more badass big bad right around the corner!" all the time). The MCU movies following IW may (or may not) seem like an unnecessary sequel to a work that was self-contained, but that has never stopped Hollywood, let alone Marvel.

Hello 2013, how are you?

The way you put it makes me think: does this misunderstanding come from people who think superheroes function like shonen manga?

>pic
Oh fuck. I am finally at peace with the idea of Buckycap.

There's no way this is the end. With the potential of Osborn joining the MCU I think we might see Phase 4 be Dark Reign-esque.

Spider-Man is 2017. A year before Infinity War Part 1.

I honestly mostly want Marvel to get back Fantastic Four because I just like Fantastic Four. Yeah Doom and others will be awesome to see too but I just want to see them done right. Fuck Fox for holding on to it when they are not ever really going to use it outside of just to keep the rights.

They could introduce Doom in a Dr Strange sequel - do Triumph and Torment. Doom fits like Strange like a glove. They'd never fucking do Emperor Doom, but that's how I'd like to see him meet The Avengers.

Kree-NotSkrull war
Masters of Evil
Kang
High Evolutionary
Surtur

The trick isn't just to make things bigger and flashier. You just need to sell the threat. If the heroes and Earth are in danger, it's a big deal.

It won't end, but they probably should reinvent themselves a bit after that, since they can't just escalate threats forever.

I have no doubts that we'll get Spiderman 2 in 2019 and again in 2021. Spidey is their biggest franchise now. There's a reason they cast everyone young. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Symbiote in IW2

I don't have the sauce, but I remember reading some interview of Feige (or the Russos?) where he said that the MCU will be in a very different place after Infinity War and implied that Phase 4 will focus on more standalone/smaller stories instead of building up to a huge event like the Infinity saga.

They will probably still have smaller "event" movies like Civil War, but not an event on the level of Infinity War where they had like 15 movies of buildup.

The comic being shit doesn't mean the movie would be. They only ever just take the major ideas and change everything else, and that can be a very good thing. See Civil War.

Secret Invasion

Let's not do another damn conspiracy movie. It's all Cap and Iron Man do.

I'm the opposite. I really don't care about the F4, but I just want Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Kang, Annihilus, the Skrulls, etc.

Exactly. It's like these kids want to look at illustrated math equations of contrived power-levels instead of exploring themes and moods through narrative.

There are already 3 unannounced films after Infinity Wars.

I don't see where everyone thinks that once they beat Thanos, everything just stops. That's one of the great things about comics, things keep going. I'm more excited to see where things go once they let RDJ, Evens and Hemsworth retire.

Besides, they could always do another three phases to set up Secret Wars. And when that happens, they will be doing 3 movies a year, which means they'll get much more material out of the way.

Small-time events like the Civil War movie make sense going forward instead of doing something like Infinity War again.

Movies instrumental to CW
>Cap: TWS
>Avengers: Age of Ultron

Movies instrumental to Infinity War
>Avengers
>Thor 2
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Age of Ultron
>Civil War
>Doctor Strange
>Thor: Ragnarok
>Black Panther

Feige confirmed the last 3 will be very important to IW, especially Ragnarok. Captain Marvel also comes between part 1 and part 2, so I wouldn't be surprised if it also deals with that storyline.

I kinda hoping that they will use world war hulk to end things in the MCU. Get everyone together one last time and wrap it up in a big epic movie

Galactus will not be that interesting of a villain, mainly because everyone trying to fight one giant guy never really is that interesting of a fight.

more importantly, when does RDJ's contract end?

I get that. I just really like F4. The idea that it hasn't been done right yet saddens me. But with Marvel canceling F4 comic I don't think even they care about the heroes.

When he decides he doesn't want to be a billionaire.

>It never is. Power has nothing to do with it. If you think the plot is about heroes getting more powerful to defeat a supervillain, you missed the point of superheroes.
Anime is a hell of a drug.
I think they should do something none cosmic post Thanos. Like, have Maestro be a villain for the fourth (fifth?) Avengers film.

denofgeek.com/movies/marvel-studios/37035/marvel-studios-how-long-is-left-on-everyone-s-contracts

Fucking clickbait.
The only thing it says is what movies they are confirmed to appear in the future.
No one is going to be confirmed to appear in movies that are not yet announced.

But yeah, Evans and RDJ will probably leave after IW2.

High Evolutionary
Builders
Annihilation Wave
Church of Universal Truth
Secret Invasion/Dark Reign
Fear Itself (hopefully not)

etc

there's a lot of things they can actually do, even if they have to get the rights for some of them

It doesn't even have to be an escalating threat, you don't need to go bigger than Thanos

There are many ways to go with this thing that you can keep things going. Marvel is on a three movie a year plate, and they can still do plenty of stuff. First of all is sequels. They can do Dr. Strange 2, GOTG 3, Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2, and an assload of Spider-Man movies.
In fact, let's focus on Spider-Man. With his rights, they can do stuff like Dark Reign (tedious that they already used Iron Patriot), Venom and other symbiote stuff (wouldn't it be awesome if in Infinity Wars, Spidey gets the black suit?) Sinister Six (They could actually pull it off this time), hell, even Spider-Verse (Imagine getting Garfield and Tobey back for that one). So on that front, Marvel is fine.
And if they do Dark Reign, what's not to say they would combine elements of Siege in there? And as some people have mentioned, Secret Invasion could be another film. And of course, there is still Secret Wars, which could be as big as Infinity Wars.
In fact, Marvel is blowing through material at a rapid pace Civil War for example gave us a shit ton of moments we wanted to see like Ant-Arrow, Giant Man, and other stuff that fills in gaps in plot like Bucky killing Tony's parents. We even got Black Panther's origins within the film, which means they can do more stuff in BP's own film. Thor 3 is rumored to have Planet Hulk stuff in it, and imagine how much Infinity Wars will merge other plots.
And even then, Thunderbolts, Runaways, Young Avengers, Black Widow, Venom, Kamala Khan, and many other properties are ripe for the taking. I have no worries about the future of the MCU, and it's kind of exciting to see them go to a territory nobody knows where they are heading.

>Fear Itself (hopefully not)
To be honest, Fear Itself's biggest problem was that it was way too long and kind of pretentious. But if you shorten it down to a 2 hour film, it could be rather awesome. The only problem is that you need the 7 hammer users be big guys (It was 7, right? 9?). So Hulk and Abomination could make two, but who would be the rest...

Not really, Attuma or Grey Gargoyle weren't exactly big

You could go

>Hulk
>Abomination
>Giant Man
>War Machine
>Rhino (since they got spidey)

and introduce Titania and Absorbing Man in another movie and using them as the last 2

>fear itself
wouldn't really work since no one wants to see Thor fight his uncle turned into a giant snake as the climax of the movie, since movie Thor is shit. Also there's not enough bad guys to give hammers to.

Secret invasion and dark reign are too long for a movie honestly.

Builders are lame and confusing as fuck.

I don't know much about high evolutionary or the church of universal truth

Hopefully they would adapt the shittiest parts of those

Besides, Secret Invasion/Dark Reign would have to be a whole phase, not a single movie or 2

I meant as a concept.
See

Beyonder isn't cosmic.

>4477

>>War Machine
Crippled.

So? He was cyborged in the comics.

Yeah, but would being a Worthy affect your cybornetics?

Isn't that what his ship was basically?

But that's perfect. Say the Iron Cast doesn't work out and he's still fucked. He wants to help out with crimefighting still, but can't do shit.
Then the hammer turns up and lends its power to him, giving him sick magitech armour and fixing his legs up. Everybody's happy, things seem normal at first, then he beats the shit out of some relatively unthreatening guy who needs to be captured as a sign that something's gone wrong.

You forgot Ant-Man 3.
Fuck's sake Phase 4 is going to be 7 movies long on sequels alone. And that's assuming no more Thor/Cap/IM.
Never mind new franchises. What if Feige wasn't lying when he said Inhumans is still happening? Or that fucking Black Widow's getting a movie? What if THEY both get trilogies? I don't want slots wasted on that shit. I'm even ambivalent towards Thunderbolts or Runaways or Fantastic Four; I just want a Captain Britain movie.

Maybe the movies will follow the comics and we'll get a new hip, young, urban War Machine as a grrrrrrl in college what don't need no white man's science and builds her own power armor.

>giving him sick magitech armour
I choose to read that as magitek armor.

>Captain Britain
>tfw no Excalibur movie ever

girls in powered armour is my fetish user, I wouldn't mind that at all

Can't Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch just magically kill/imprison Thanos? Or does he have some sort of magic shield?

I'd accept a Man-Thing movie as a substitute.

>You forgot Ant-Man 3.
I ddin't care to list every sequel film.

Infinity Stones are magic.

That's not how the Worthy Hammers work at all. It's you pick them up, you become an evil Thor.

>Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe
Might that just mean the forces at his command, though, not his actual personal power?

All magic in MCU so far has been weird space shit, Thanos can handle it.

I'd like to see Damage Control. Even if it's just a little internet short.

Do we even know if Chris Evans is still being Cap following IWs or if either Seb Stan/Anthony Mackie are taking over?

You don't need constant power escalation for good stories.

MARVEL
CINEMATIC
MULTIVERSE