I am calling it right now...

I am calling it right now. Eventually the SJWs will basically ruin marvel by making everything all PC and make the entire marvel universe so shitty that every one will stop reading.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3tYPzSGVHOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>will

Aren't we already there?

Will?

>will

Not quite, marvel's being accused of antisemitism with the hydra cap thing, and they just killed a black guy so two white people would feel bad and start a war.
Also on the second point Coates over heard what they were gonna do the Rhodey, sent Brevoort a letter/email, and marvel higher ups promptly ignored him. Also Brevoort straight up admitted this and didn't care.

They'll do what they'll have to do to get their delicious anger.

Nah

Yeah you guys are right. Sorry about that.

This. Right now the SJWs are coming to the close of their honeymoon phase with Marvel. They're about to learn firsthand the stupid shock tactics Marvel uses to boost sales and that they'll do it at the expense of literally any part of their readerbase as long as it boosts those sales or generates buzz.

>that feel when I'm already down to reading a single marvel book

And since we had a whole pointles sabretooth arc followed by two pointless filler issues, I'm at the very end of my patience with Duggan's Deadpool. I guess I won't be picking up a Big Two book apart from Sheriff of Babylon at least until Young Animal hits.

Only if SJW stuff makes money, and if it makes money then a lot of people like it, and if a lot of people like it it's not exactly SJW stuff.

I don't think the market is infallible but it has a way of weeding out the extreme political pandering. Political pandering rarely makes money.

That's OK because it's so old fashioned to have a scene where a gay kid talks about how it's OK to be gay. That would have been unusual, say, 20 years ago.

Today gays are lower on the Pyramid of Grievances so having gay-friendly messages is actually considered a sign that you're old-fashioned and therefore bad.

Marvel only makes things SJW because it pisses their fans off and their fans buy more stuff when they're pissed off.

>Company is doing things I don't like and they should stop that because it offends my delicate sensibilities.

>I hate political correctness!

Punk-ass hypocrite shut the fuck up. Whiny little bitch.

Johns and Weisman co created Blaqualad to be bisexual

Okay. And making a traditionally white and straight character colored and gay is the absolute height of social justice. DC is just as responsible for this shit as Marvel is.

>making a traditionally white and straight character colored and gay

They didn't do that. Garth is still a separate guy and presumably still straight.

I wish they would have used his Young Justice design, its such a waste and loads more ungeneric than his current design.

And nobody but a small niche of people will care.

Civil War 2 is apparently underperforming.

Or at least the design during Brightest Day.

Garth and Kaldur/Jackson are two different people, user

If you want to complain about Garth, complain about the variant where he's brown.

Are people finally sick of heroes fighting heroes?

SJW only hop onto franchises when they get popular. The moment a new franchise takes its place, they all move on and forget Marvel even existed. For example, they always care about turning the big name characters into minorities and such, but they never actually research if these characters exist in comics.

Yeah but only in actual LCSes. And even when shops adjust their future issue numbers it will probably still break 100k every issue.

But if we're lucky we might see it affect how shops feel about Marvel afterward, like Convergence's lack of appeal damaged their relationship with DC and essentially led to the failure of DCYou.

>make spider-man black but white spider-man still exists
>sjw bullshit, marvel is cancer

>make aqualad black and gay but original aqualad still exists
>oh man what a fresh new take

DC apologist logic.

We'll have to wait and see until #4 or #5 to see if that's true across more shops than just a handful tweeting about it.

I want it to be true so marvel can finally stop it with the events.
Though it would probably take more than one event failing for them to stop.

I remember talking to a guy at one LCS and remember an off hand comment he made about not caring about Civil War II. The only places I've seen praise for it are Tumblr (cause Tony is so cute when he cries (their words)) and CBR reviews.

>Also on the second point Coates over heard what they were gonna do the Rhodey, sent Brevoort a letter/email, and marvel higher ups promptly ignored him. Also Brevoort straight up admitted this and didn't care.
Is there any source for this because Coates was right there with them for the Civil War meetings.
Aside from that, black people shouldn't get death immunity especially considering that Bendis has created black characters for Marvel.

Issue 3 will sell high because it's advertising a big death, so Marvel will probably win again, sadly.

I also get the feeling Disney is putting the clamps on Marvel. "Sell at this number or else you'll be downsized"

Go back to tumblr, assfuck

>Brevoort: In terms of Rhodey, we were not unaware that killing Rhodey meant we’d have a story where an African American character dies, which is something that happens prevalently in our medium. That’s a conversation that we had. In our particular retreat where we talked about this, Ta’Nehisi Coates was in the retreat for the first time. He heard all of this, and afterwards, he sent a long missive to myself and Axel, which we forwarded to Brian and we all spoke about, in terms of what he thought the reaction would be and what the ramifications would be, that we had to consider that from all sides. And we have.

Sounds like the problem was solved then.

haha I get it u so funy

Don't worry, Bendis is replacing Rhodey with a teenage black girl.

Cause you know, arming a teenager with lots of guns and missiles is what we need.

Mockingbird taught us teenage girls are dangerous though.

War Machine is now a teenage black girl?

What the fuck

> Marvel giving shits about paper sales

Wake up angry grandpa, they make movies now and those movies make they money to print the toilet paper you're reading. Paperbacks are to keep new demographic of non-peter parkers entertained between flicks.

Don't like it? Go to the company thats stuck in the 90s and still cater to the niche paper market since their movie partners couldnt make a decent movie without putting on a pair of batunderooz.

I don't really understand all that PC/SJW/ Minorities going in Marvel or even in comics in general.

it's not their demographic

it's like that batgirl cover, they took it out because a lot of people who actually don't read comics got offended by it.

maybe the issue is that a lot of the artists nowdays have the tumblr mentality

The movie money doesn't feed back into the comics division. Comics still have to make money on their own and if that ever changes they really could just cancel everything.

They also clearly don't prioritize paperbacks at all and it shows, only 5th last year in comic trade sales in bookstores.

MRW the day the sjw turn against Marvel

youtu.be/3tYPzSGVHOc

I'm totally fine with Kaldur being gay because the orginal writer did it

Alert me when Marvel isn't the #1 seller of American comics, until then spare me all this hybperbole about Marvel "being just about over" or nonsensical ranting about "boosting sales by alienating fans".

>every one will stop reading.

The original writer made Miles black yet that's the single biggest piece of SJW pandering bullshit ever I mean how is this even allowed?!

>Waaah waaahhh waaaaaaahhh comics are doing things I don't liiiiiiike!

is Sup Forums still upset that not every marvel book specifically panders to them?

>I don't really understand all that PC/SJW/ Minorities going in Marvel

Marvel had Black and Asian sidekicks back when DC was still partnering everyone up with white pre-pubescent boys and girls.

DC has never had any analogue to Storm or Black Panther, just "Le Stoic Negro silently standing (well behind) Superman to show he ain't racist."

Movie-wise, they've only used the most white-friendly black actors possible.
Freeman?
Fishburne?
Smith?

>Garth and Kaldur/Jackson are two different people, user
So are Miles and Peter.
So are Kamala and Carol.
So are Sam and Steve.
So are Jane and Odinson.
So are Avril and Wendell.
So are Cho and Bruce.
Hell, so are Nick Fury Sr. and Nick Fury Jr.

The only instances of "character is one way but gets turned into a different race/gender/sexuality" were Wally (which got walked back on), Alan, Iceman, and Herc (who got turned from bi to straight which is the opposite of SJW bullshit).

So all told, DC has two instances, one of which they walked back on and Marvel has two instances, one of which is actually anti-SJW.

Yes, basically.

You seem upset that not every Marvel book specifically panders to you.

Tumblr is praising it? I would have assumed they'd be pissed that they killed off a black man and white woman while turning Carol into the villain.

I don't need every Marvel book to pander to me. Just, like, 6 and I'll be happy.

Unfortunately, 4 of the 6 comics that are pandering to me have been cancelled.

Why do people get upset over incredibly trivial things? In particular comic books not pandering to them?

I agree that Marvel isn't over but that has pretty much nothing to do with movies. They have dominated floppies for the past couple of decades.

>nonsensical ranting about "boosting sales by alienating fans"

They don't alienate fans but they do anger them intentionally. Brevoort himself said they do it on purpose because it works better than giving fans what they want. Why deny fact?

>SJW boogeyman
This meme needs to stop.

Women being antagonists without being "Heartless Ice Queen Bitch" or "Vampy Evil Megaslut:" is actually pretty damn progressive.

>Why deny fact?
Yes, but the argument seems to be that Marvel will alienate fans by causing them to buy more comics. Which doesn't make a lick of sense.

Why am I not shocked? Even my friends that I just got into comics a week ago because of the Civil War movie said they're not interested in it because it looks like needless pandering. Even the normies can see what Marvel's trying to pull.

Hey, Columbine shooters fan girls are a big thing on Tumblr. Maybe Marvel wants all of Tumblr to join the fandom.

Rebirth has actually been doing pretty good in my opinion, so sure.

Things like Civil War aren't entry-level comics that attract new readers.
Big Event comics are written for the die-hards. Would you start out a new reader on Injustice?
No, you would not.

The presumption that Civil War 2 exists to attract non-comic readers to comics is incorrect on your part.

That's a fact I met one
She was a total slut for violence

Call me when DC gives Kaldur venom touch so that he can one hit KO his enemies and everyone starts kissing his ass to the point where it becomes out of character.

>its a x will ruin y episode

>Waaah waaahhh waaaaaaahhh people are being critical of something I liiiiiiike!

Also become a Justice League member before his first solo issue comes out and talks down to Blue Nettle and Domna Troy

But DC doesn't write them as shitty as Marvel does. Marvel's idea of writing a good minority is to make them god tier in every way imaginable and have everyone fall on their knees when they see them because "Oh mah lordie! Ur progressive!" And when they're not doing that they're a hilariously badly written 90's cartoon tier bully.

>Marvel's idea of writing a good minority is to make them god tier in every way imaginable and have everyone fall on their knees when they see them because "Oh mah lordie! Ur progressive!"
But Miles is currently being held captive in all 3 stories he's in and Kamala fucks as often as any other hero.

You had to go Full Autist.

>b-but dc writes their social justice shit better so it's justified

Shit opinions don't make things right.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, I meant the movie. They asked for what they should read in order to get into Marvel comics and linked them a site where they could read JMS Spider-Man, Days of Future Past, and Man Without Fear. They found some boards and started to get into some current Marvel books, and started to express their distaste for Civil War 2 to me. Also, Marvel straight out said that they're doing Civil War 2 because the movie is coming out so yes, /does/ exist to attract non-comic readers into comics. Anything that comes out around the time a movie does and has either the same plot of the movie or the same cast as the movie was not done by accident.

>make the entire marvel universe so shitty that every one will stop reading.

They are already pretty close to that. I've been reading Marvel since I was 5, but had to stop a few years ago because they completely suck now.

>I met one.

I'd be fucking terrified. There was this one girl on Youtube that got her account taken down. She had tattoos of the shooters and fucking posters on her walls.

Most people don't mind Kamala since her stories were fine, if generic. And even Miles himself could be ok if he got a real writer (he won't though, rip). You're kind of chasing a booeyman here.

Marvel's style of marketing is probably the biggest problem in making people dislike their legacies.

>talks down to Blue Nettle and Domna Troy
When did Miles do something like this?

They only do things to make people angry, and replacing a character makes people angry, and "comic nerds mad at marvel for replacing white guy with woman" makes for good press. It's one reason why people think marvel is the more progressive of the two.

We'll have to see how making people angry with Hydra Cap works for them this time since people have been accusing them of antisemitism.

Yes, because we all know how well that worked out last time he was kidnapped.

>ibn4 Rant Bendis made about how venom touch is a real thing spiders can do.

Also,
>Implying I don't like Kamala.
>Implying everyone on Sup Forums doesn't keep making threads about her.

Kamala is one of the few examples of modern Marvel doing a good job with a minority character. Helps that Carol was pretty shit though.

Dude where have you been?

In ANAD Miles calls Nova and Ms Marvel kids

Writing something good means that it's going to be more entertaining to read. This has nothing to do with opinions or politics. It just so happens that Marvel's idea of subtlety is the equivalent of having a fucking air force write in the sky "Character A is gay, and super cool, no one can beat him and he will always mention this somehow even if the plot has nothing to do with it." and that makes for shit writing.

>This has nothing to do with opinions

Your opinions aren't facts, familia.

That was him trying to lighten the mood or he was being passive aggressive about them being kicked out. The fact that Falcon gets upset at him when he's the one that kicked them out confirms this.

>One gay character vs replacing every single character with a female or a minority.

There's a difference between diversity and outright SJW pandering.

you think my problem is marvel doing things I don't like what a dumb shit. I just want the comics to be about a good plot and story and not shove political correctness in my face all the time. That clear shit up you fucking moron?

I meant in terms of politics. I aint your familia, friendaroni!

>want to capitalize on the film that just released by luring normie audience
>fill the book with characters normies aren't familiar and don't give a shit about

If anything Captain Hydra proved normies don't buy comics.

Please God let Marvel die. They're a parody of themselves at this point.

Do you think God stays in heaven because he's afraid of his creations?

>Marvel will now be what DC was by trying to make characters like Captain HYDRA edgy
>DC is coming back business as usual.

>Filler
I'll give you the 9.99 crossover one this week, but the one before was a DP2099 issue.
While I would argue that the title is still upholding general quality (especially if read in marathon, as I recently did for issues 1-12), I'd advice checking out Duggan's Uncanny Avengers, which I feel more of his work is being poured into currently, or Kelly's Spider-man/Deadpool which is the single best ongoing next to Tom King's Vision series.
And Duggan reaffirmed his ability to make me feel like shit with the "Last Days of Magic" tie-in last month.

DC is back baby

Id's habbiding right now. Civil War II is a sales disaster.

>DC: Reboot(again): This time Dr. Manhattan's big blue dick will make it right, we promise.

Oh, they're back alright.

For real?