Why do you hate x-men 3?

Why do you hate x-men 3?

It had great fight scenes
A great plot
Good music
Emotion
Consequences
Stakes

The only thing I do agree with is how they executed the phoenix, but I also liked the twist and the unpredictably factor.

It wasn't so perfect, but it was okay

Why does it get so much hate?

The script-writing is awful, and Dark Phoenix sucked.

>Great fight scenes
lol
>A great plot
lel

>Three main characters died in bullshit ways.
>Mystique and Magneto depowered
>So bad that FOX canonically retconned it

>It had great fight scenes
>A great plot
>Good music
>Emotion
>Consequences
>Stakes
Except it had none of that.

Funny how its expected that Phoenix be alien whenever it's adapted

The only good thing about this movie was Beast.

It had the best Beast.

>Funny how its expected that Phoenix be alien whenever it's adapted
This. I like Phoenix not being an alien force, but just an expression of Jean's powers.
The whole concept of a seperate, sentient Phoenix force was just a dumb retcon at the start of the 90s to bring Jean back to life and I don't get why everyone always just sticks to that.

This. Dark phoenix was best

I actually really liked the characters at this point, so I really liked them discussing things like the cure, or keeping the school open. But as soon as the fighting starts the movie falls apart.

It was a train wreck.

It had best Beast and that was it.

>It had great fight scenes
No.

>A great plot
Are we talking about the cure or Phoenix? Neither were excuted well.

>Good music
I don't even remember the score so..no.

>Emotion
JEEEEEEEAN

>Consequences
Scott, Jean and Charles dying were some of the worst parts. It was so bad that Charles dying was retconned in the same movie via Twin bullshit.

>Stakes
JEEEEEEEEEAAN

That's not my problem, it was implied in the second one that it was her powers evolving anyway.

My problem is all she does is disintegrate shit.

After the setup of X2 with the fiery eyes and the Flamebird being hinted at in Alkali Lake the fact you turn her into a lesser version of what Apocalypse did flat out sucks.

She's still evolving

What's wrong with jean?

I thought the mutant cure started off very well, especially with Kelsey Grammar contemplating taking it, or saying some people maybe should be allowed to. The confrontation between him and Wolverine was very well done.

But the Dark Pheonix is where everything falls apart, killing Cyclops off screen (due to a shit show of production where the actor had to leave due to them rescheduling shooting a few times), and other deaths that just weren't emotional.

I think it get shit on a bit more than it deserves but it had a fuck of a load of problems. I think I forgive it more just because I love Beast so much in it

Apart from a few scenes, there's nothing really interesting happening (due to the content or the way it's shot depending on the scene).
And worse, the movie shat over its only interesting plot point: the cure!
It should have given rise to a philosophical and emotional debate/struggle showcasing a conflict between mutants and the rest of the world, a conflict among mutants and even human inner conflicts. Instead, you have Wolverine who uses the cure against his enemies without thinking twice.

I think the beginning gave me hope that it would be more that what it was. And it was just bad.

X2>x3>x1

>Why do you hate x-men 3?
I don't, but I'm from /m/ so I probably don't count

Fuck off, Singer. The point of Phoenix being alien is that it's less ridiculous than Jean just waking up one day and somehow becoming the world's most powerful mutant.

>killing Cyclops off screen

Thank goodness they'd never do something like that in the comics.

Lol Cure was only temporary so none of it really mattered in the end

The Cure was better in Ant-Man anyway

The Last Stand could have been so much better.
>a mutant cure is developed, but the government isn't too forceful about it
>mutants with useful, controllable abilities (Xavier, Magneto, Storm, etc.) find the cure discriminatory and wrong, plus they fear it may be used against them, while those with more debilitating abilities (Beast, Cyclops, Rogue) think an optional cure should be available to those who want it
>both sides, politically and physically, come to blows. Xavier sways his opinion a bit after seeing what some of the muties are going through
>meanwhile, Jean is going Phoenix but hides it because they're already going through enough shit right now
>when she goes full Phoenix, they have to kill her to stop her. Xavier realizes that the cure could have prevented all this, and allows those who want the cure to seek it

I thought it was pretty good,
Beast was best
Angel was shit
the "brotherhood of evil mutants" was shite
fight scenes were good.

lol no way buddy

Damn right it did. New Beast fucking sucks

They're never ever going to do the spacebird Phoneix backstory, that would take an entire movie by its own just to explain and would drown the film in expository nonsense and lore.

That's the whole point of adaptation, you find the core aspect of the story being told and cut the fat so you don't end up with something like M Night's Last Airbender, where every line of dialogue is expository worldbuilding.

this

They tried to do The Cure and Dark Phoenix storylines in one movie instead of one for each as they should have.

>great fight scenes
>A great plot
>Emotion