This will be the first American election to go to a tie

This will be the first American election to go to a tie

Afterwards Congress will choose Donald Trump as President, because the majority of Congress is Republican

Republicans hate Trump for being a Democrat, they'll vote for Johnson

They have to vote for either Hillary or Clinton if there's a tie like this.

The House can vote for the top three candidates for President as long as all received electoral votes.

Interestingly the Senate only gets to choose between the top two Vice-Presidential candidates.

This is how we end up with a Clinton-Pence administration.

Most awkward duo ever

I just wish Obama had his own wikifeet page

>state
>color
Yeah fucking right

Um? The house will choose Trump without a doubt. Unless you're one of these "republicans will lose the house" memers.

>Hillary or Clinton

>implying Paul Ryan won't pick Hillary
Trump BTFO

Also, a tie won't happen. It'll be closer than it should be, but one of them will have more electoral votes

Id feel better with Trump/Kaine honestly

This.

Question: Which congress votes on this? The current congress or the one we elect in November?

If it really is a tie on election night, we'll probably see a bunch of lawsuits and maybe a state recount or two.

If it really is a tie after that we'll probably see either some 'faithless electors' that switch their vote, either to Hillary or Trump or another candidate like Paul Ryan or Mitt Romney so the House could vote on the third person.

Since the supreme court is split 4-4 it would be a total shitshow and maybe the states would call a constitutional convention to settle it, or the military would get involved.

The incoming congress gets seated June 3rd, then verifies the electoral college votes a few days later. Inauguration is the 20th, so the tie-breaker vote would be sometime between then.

Wtf nigga

I can honestly see this happening.

Maybe a district in Maine will push Trump over the edge.

Between January and the end of June?

I forgot to add that Trump will not win Ohio, rest of this map is likely, though Florida is a toss up

Friendly reminder that Trump will win one vote in Maine, making the total 270-268 Trump-Clinton