How does Spider-Man swing?

Im not talking about how he fires his web, or how it sticks to the anchor point, im talking about his fucking hand.

Pic related: he takes that hand position to fire the web, but how exactly does he GRAB the web? his two middle fingers are pressing down on his palm, with the only two fingers that could grab being his pointer and thumb.

His webs are often shown firing too fast for even him to catch if he had to quickly open his palm and reach forward to grasp it as its leaving the shooter.

How the fuck does this work.

How the fuck does Spider-Man grab his weblines.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bFtcLJVN8yg
youtu.be/n42PunZ3Xno?t=2m1s
strawpoll.me/10409795
youtube.com/watch?v=12BfrsVXthE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With his hands.

You realize most people have two hands, right OP?

But he usually grabs it with the hand he fires it from.

I don't know, maybe the webbing doesn't detach from his shooter until he stops making that hand motion. If it's right there in his palm it shouldn't be that hard to imagine a guy with superhuman abilities can quickly grab something in the span of a second.

Proportionate strength, and speed, of a spider.
He fires the web then uncurls his fingers and grabs it, really fast.

>How the fuck does Spider-Man grab his weblines.

Probably with his hands.

>cant read

What do you mean?

He's often depicted as grabbing the webbing with his hands.

>Pic related: he takes that hand position to fire the web, but how exactly does he GRAB the web? his two middle fingers are pressing down on his palm, with the only two fingers that could grab being his pointer and thumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=bFtcLJVN8yg

I had always thought that a little extra webbing came out just so he wouldn't have this issue.

he lets go of his palm and then grabs the web

it's not complicated

I don't get it...Are you saying that FUCKING SPIDER-MAN does not have the REFLEX or DEXTERITY to grab his own webbing?

Goddamn you summer kids.

but when he lets go the web stops firing and as we know that shit goes super fast.

>but how exactly does he GRAB the web?
>the only two fingers that could grab being his pointer and thumb.

Like I said, here

and spider-man has probably the greatest reflexes and reaction time of any non speedster in comics. he just grabs it.

Nigga he cant stretch in mid air, he has nothing to push off of.

It does.
But he's Spider-Man. He IS that fast, he IS that strong.

I'd upload a bait.jpg here but I lost my image folder so I'll just say fuck you instead.

>His webs are often shown firing too fast for even him to catch if he had to quickly open his palm and reach forward to grasp it as its leaving the shooter.

They though. Spider-Man is stupid fast.

He is a kid in a spider costume with super powers and you are here trying to find flaws in this fictitious hero why?

Jesus OP, you are one goofy dude.

youtu.be/n42PunZ3Xno?t=2m1s

>shazam

kek, I forgot about that.

back in 2002 there were no such things as 'rights'

No, think about it for a second, open your mind.

Whenever we see him swinging, mid air, his arms are fully extended, theres no feasible way for him to stretch out further because he cant push off of air. He cant fly, its not just about being real fast, its just jank.

Because if you start throwing basic shit out the window with the reason "lol its fiction" without that being intentional from the get go, everything will start going to shit.

At least sticking to real world logic can lend itself to interesting ideas, just going "fuck it" is how you get retarded power level wank where Flash can suddenly space time dilate in reverse to abort gods because he can go fast real good.

> FLY
> SHAZAM
> GO WE GO
Kek, that's still funny.

>up up and away, web!
>you're not superman.

What did they mean by this.

>he gets mad that grown men in spandex isnt realistic

Spider-man has reflexes ~40 times greater than a human's. He can catch them just fine.

Why would he have to extend his arm to reach something that's already in reach of his hand?

OP is either retarded or trolling.

I bet you're just the life of the party.

he doesnt need to stretch his arm dipshit, the web comes out of his wrist, he opens his fingers from shooting position and then closes them around the webline in swinging position before it moves past his fingers.

His first instinct wasn't to snap somebody's neck.

Dude.
Calm down.

>>he gets mad that grown men in spandex isnt realistic

If you want to think outside the box, you need one to begin with. Etc.

Its good to have limits because it sparks creative thinking is all. Again, this is why shit like Superman moving planets around with his bare hands and Batman being Batgod happen. Or Wolverine healing from a nuke to the face.

I am calm.

Because its flying out of his wrist and he needs to move his hand to catch it.

He needs to open his hand as its flying, to catch the string.

Two fingers against the palm, opening, could knock the string moving at a high velocity past said fingers out of the way.

this thread is fucking hilarious... i love you OP

I see what you're doing OP.
stealth Spider-Man thread

I like to believe that DC Comics exists in the Marvel Universe and vice versa, although I'm sure that it's canon to some extent.

And having the limits of having the proportionate speed and strength of a spider isn't a good enough of a reason as to say why Spider-Man would be able to catch his own web ?

OP, you're a dumbass.

some kid called daredevil red batman once.

The webbing is literally shooting past his hand. He doesn't have to reach for anything, dummy.

Again, I refer to you this educational video my friend. I'm always here to help.

I thought I was the only one.

>The webbing is literally shooting past his hand. He doesn't have to reach for anything, dummy.

Exactly, its shooting PAST his hand.

His hand is, while doing it, bent downwards and half closed, two fingers on his palm. When he lets go of this pose the web stops firing and the end of the strand moves past his fingers.

And then there's this.

It's funny. I don't think i've seen anything like this from DC.

>And having the limits of having the proportionate speed and strength of a spider isn't a good enough of a reason as to say why Spider-Man would be able to catch his own web ?
well considering how often he jobs

>how does Spider-Man swing?
From a thread.

The problem with your logic is that you think that Spider-Man is not allowed to move his fingers ever.

No the logic is that spider-man cant move his fingers without it ceasing to fire.

I wondered this myself, and just started making hand motions until one seemed plausible to me. After his webbing connects to a building, he quickly bends/twists his wrist downward and toward his body while still shooting web and maintaining his hand position. Due to his movements, the webbing strand is now between his index finger and thumb (I guess on that fleshy webbing part at the base of the thumb), and he then releases the trigger of his webshooters and grabs the webline with his thumb and index finger simultaneously.

Now with the top-of-the-wrist shooters like Spider-Man 2099, or Black Suit Spider-Man I'm not so sure, but I can live with a very quick wrist twist upwards, with a fast thumb movement to position the webbing to be grabbed. It's an organic system with them, so they have leeway with how it's fired, I feel.

With organic systems it makes more sense since its anchored in them still.

Shit, user, MARVEL comics exist in the marvel universe.

His hands are fast enough to grab it while it moves past his wrist, why are you making it so complicated?

But his webs dont move past his wrist they fire FROM his wrist, they move past his fingers while he's in the ILY position.

Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense that it could still be connected to them because they have that different organic kind of control, I had a feeling about something like that happening, but couldn't put it into words, you've helped my fake imaginary web swinging when I'm alone, thanks!

Even he doesn't know.

>moves fingers to stop shooting
>grabs the last bit of web as it comes out

It's not that hard.

>someone forgot about Gwen

His first instinct was to cover her in a hot sticky load of fresh gooey webbing. The neck snapping was purely incidental.

Dude is fast enough to dodge bullets, but you can't imagine him being fast enough to catch his own webbing.

god user you autistic fuck, make the spidey hand thing then MAKE A FUCKING FIST

you cant possibly be this fucking stupid.

Where does his web come from, user.

How does closing the pointer and pinky grab the webline when its firing from his wrist, when his fingers are already mostly closed.

>you can grab things from a closed hand position without opening the hand.
>autism speaks
Summer is here full force.

Did somebody say HYPERCRISIS?

>user demonstrates how human beings grab objects

So what you're saying is, if i close the open fingers, i'll grab the string firing overtop the middle two fingers that are already closed.

Okay.

Did you pass high school.

>everything will start going to shit.
Can you hear yourself?

Spider-Man's aerobatic maneuvers are loose and "everything will start going to shit"?

So the guy who controls electricity, the guy made from sand, the alien goo parasite and all that he beats up, that's all fine and well, but how this one asshole swings on webs to get from his place to the crime scene is out of line?

this is some fine b8 m8

Is OP baiting us all of just plain stupid?

strawpoll.me/10409795

>His webs are often shown firing too fast for even him to catch if he had to quickly open his palm and reach forward to grasp it as its leaving the shooter.
He has reflexes 40 times faster than a human. They don't show it much, but it's easily applicable here. That makes for what, super speed in really short bursts?

He twirls it around his index finger before the end of the web reaches his last knuckle. There.

I'm more concerned with how he doesn't just accidentally fire his webshooters every time he makes a fist or punches someone.

I've only just started reading Amazing from the beginning but is this ever explained?

Curl your hand into a fist; now do the far-out surfer dude pose. Your two middle fingers end up pressed near your wrist with the latter, while they just curl up with the former. Since Spiderman has super agility he probably doesn't have to worry about screwing up a punch.

If I recll, originally he designed his webshooters so they would only fire with a certain amount of strength pplied. That made it so no human could use them *didn't last, evidently). But they re pressure sensitive, and Peter has been pulling his punches and kicks and overall movements since he was a kid, so if there is one thing to explain it, it's phenomenal muscle control.

Also, reflexes. Spider reflexes. God Spider-Man 2 as a fun game with that.

I would like you to do a test op.

Hold something in your hand.
For a brief moment, let it go, and then catch it again.

If you do this fast enough, you will not need to move your arm.

pay attention

Said thing isnt being launched at a high enough velocity to hit and reach across a city block.

If you actually slow down the youtube video of that scene and pay attention, even the CG cant explain how he does it, the web isnt even in his hands anymore when he goes to grab it

youtube.com/watch?v=12BfrsVXthE

i slowed it to 0.25 speed and the cg literally slides through his finger for him to grab it. OP might have a point

>Said thing isnt being launched at a high enough velocity to hit and reach across a city block.

And you don't have ultra reflexes powered by radioactive spider magic.

The principle stands. Things that move past your hand can be grabbed with relative ease by your hand.

>The principle stands. Things that move past your hand can be grabbed with relative ease by your hand.
the proble misnt that its moving past his hand, its that its moving past his hand WHILE his hand is already mostly closed and at an adjacent angle.

Didn't they retcon it to where he has to double tap his fingers like he's clicking a mouse?

I also remember reading when Ben made his webshooters he made it where he had to twist his wrist and do the hand motion.

He has the mechanical ability to disengage the web when he chooses if its organic. He presses his palm, then he graps the still connected web, the he disconnects it with an additional muscle/mechanism.

They retcon and nerf a lot of things. My advice, take the best pats and ignore the rest, since comics just mix it up like a blind stew chef.

>its organic
That reminds me, shouldn't his organic webshooters have a bunch of muscles to help facilitate the expulsion of the webbing, like spiders use their legs to get it out?

You're both missing one key aspect though. He doesn't have normal human reflexes. So even if it fires off too fast for a normal person to perceive or grasp he as the advantage of having super human strength and reflexes to compensate for whatever we might perceive to be too fast.

Honestly Spiderman has enough associated body horror before you start considering the the mechanics of web expulsion.

He should really be a blur hen he moves. A speedster in really short time frames, and he can run how fast?

Just consider the way he moves (his body is twice as elastic as a human's, so that means he can bend and contort way past a conortionist or Cirq deu Solei [sp?]) as wwwell as the mannerisms seemingly inherent to him thanks to the spider (spider and man), his movements alone would be creepy. I get the feeling he's really calm, but in combat just erratic and cagey. The games have it don pat where his attacks look like a giant fucking spider.

I was playing SD and Ultimate has an attack that makes it look like eight legs are bringing an enemy close, feasting on it, and tossing it away.

>A speedster in really short time frames
yes
>and he can run how fast?
You know I honestly have no idea. There's almost never a situation where running is a better choice for him than just web zipping

Please don't let this thread die. I'm laughing too hard.

the ASM2 game did a pretty good job of making his movements spidery too. beyond his weird fighting style and matrix dodges, lots of cutscenes have him impatiently crawling around on walls and making weird swooping gyrations while talking to people

I found that annoying actually. Far too many gesticulations. Looks like the freakout animation in GTAV. Where ASM2 improved... something, ASM1 did the cutscenes better. I haven't played it though, but man that costume looks SO good.

I once read he couldd go around sixty, which makes sense considering his strength and speed and etc. Then again since his legs are far stronger than his arms, he should be able to jump a lot farther too. Constraints, I guess. Would be far more 'amazing' if they got creative with the application of his powers.

How does he get traction from his feet in regular shoes? Sure, his hands can stick to the walls no prob. But how are his feet not slipping around all over?

I assume he has special shoes that enable him to grip when he makes his spider suit...

Rubber grips on the shoes, if they ARE shoes, to give some traction, and if not superhuman durability would render things like glass and debris inconsequential if the spider-sense didn't warn him first. is Per fingertip (again, I read somewhere), it's like an attraction... force? of 25 tons, so it'd be nearly impossible for him to lose his grip with hands alone, even.

An user once had an idea that his spider-sense and stick-em powers were psychic abilities since they're mental, and that he could train the latter like Assassin did with the former to do things like Mayday does but better since Peter doesn't have to think about attraction, it's instinctual, but she does,

"Spider-Man's exposure to the mutated spider venom induced a mutagenic, cerebellum-wide alteration of his engrams resulting in the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permits the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to Spider-Man's body (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. At one point, Spider-Man was able to prevent Anti-Venom from taking his mask off by making it stick to his face."

Isn't webbing already attached to his wrist while he shoots it? Does he even need to hold it?