DC Rebirth is bringing back the heroes before New 52

>DC Rebirth is bringing back the heroes before New 52
>Cyborg is still in J'onn's spot

Pretty sure that is a WB mandate so that there can be a black man on the team.

Welcome to DC where legacy only matters as long as it doesn't touch Johns ideas

It's new 52 timeline with some shit added in a la Zero Hour

Making Cyborg the token black just highlights DC's lack of A-List diversity rather than negate it...

And also causes the unfortunate side effect of Wonder Woman appearing to be the JL's token female

>Pretty sure that is a WB mandate

It was JOHNS IDEA

J'onn can be a black person when he's human form. He's done it before and most of the time in shows or movies he's voiced by a black man

J'onn is chilling on Mars with Doc.

>tfw everyone forgets about John Stewart

Johns didn't forget about John

That's why he added Cyborg, so Hal could stay on the JL

This. Johns pitched Cyborg to WB executives so he could Shield Hal Jordan, After the movie went to shit WB executives would had been happy to use the more "diverse" alternative.

Legacy = Johns's headcanon

Does anyone has the "memet my son" image with Johns?

Its not even Cyborgs fault.

Its all because of Hal boner.

>Pretty sure that is a WB mandate so that there can be a black man on the team.
>Black man on the team
So again, why isn't J'onn's on the team? he's black

Even Hal boner doesn't really explain it. Clearly Johns is willing to expand the JL's roster (adding Billy and Lex) so why couldn't he add J'onn aswell?

The Black cosplay isn't exactly the same. Maybe if he were an alien like Supes and that was his default look.

And cyborg is more metal than black

Its because each character has a gimmick already.

Batman is the human.
WW the goddes.
Green Lantern the space cop.
Flash the fastest man alive.
Aquaman king of Atlantis.
Superman, the last of his kind, he has a bunch of powers.
Martian Manhunter, the last of his kind, he has a bunch of powers.

You see the problem?

>Superman
>Last of his kind
Bullshit, he's like fucking Uchiha, there's one behind every damn rock

Cyborg is a walking computer, makes writers even more lazy

Why don't they just have BOTH of them? Cyborg does not deserve the hate he gets.

But he's not a black person. Him shape shifting is like a white person having some kind of skin graft to turn his skin brown. He's a white man wearing brown skin, not a legit black person.

Kek
Plus he's an overpowered demigod who pulls new bullshit powers out of his bottomless ass whenever the situation calls for it. Only difference is he's a decent character.

massive oversimplification, besides the most popular Justice League adaption had 3 aliens on the team

Yep, and Mystique isn't a woman but a shapeshifter that decides to look like a woman, still feminists complain about Apocalypse abusing her.

Face it, Jonns counts as a black dude.

>Face it, Jonns counts as a black dude.
Nah. Starting to look kinda baity.

>that post

meant for

Do you see a Martian Manhunter here? If he wasn't on Super Friends, Johns doesn't care.

No, it was Johns idea to use Cyborg. It was WB's idea to BLACK the JL.

I'd be happier with Black Lightning over Cyborg. He was offered a place in the league anyway.

That's bullshit and you know it. Martian Manhunter does all kinds of trippy mentalism shit and has adventures inside people's brains. Nobody else has insight into the psyche; even Wonder Woman doesn't have that kind of magic-like adventures.

I did this a time ago because we had this conversation since nu52 started, I asked people about MM and what race does he fit on Earth, those who knew who MM was will always tell me he's a black dude, some times they ad the but "he's actually a green Martian", but still is a black dude.

But maybe this only happens in my city.

Probably because John hardly does shit with the League. He didn't even join it full time until Kyle went to space after his run in with gay bashing

Who the fuck is Genjis Khan?

Samurai.

WELL GEE ITS A GOOD FUCKING THIN YOU POSTED A PIC OF THE SUPER FRIENDS

YEP, DEFINITELY THE SUPER FRIENDS. IGNORE THAT GIANT FUCKING SUPER POWERS TEAM LOGO THAT TAKES UP 2/3RDS OF THE IMAGE

YOU FUCKING ILLITERATE RETARD

>Jonns
>Psyche adventures
Never, he always goes aaggghhh after he reads a mind, then you have him unconscious for a while

Same continuity as Super Friends.

Cyborg has been DC's "Le Token Negro" of choice for quite a few years now.
With Marvel having so many black superheroes now that they ARE STARTING TO HAVE CONVERSATIONS WITH ONE ANOTHER IN MOVIES, DC is forced to push boring as fuck Cyborg in everything.

Otherwise the Hall of Justice looks like a Klan meeting.

Although that's Cyborg's son in the pic, his awful blackness completely covered in pure metal.

If J'onn's doesn't count as a black why people count Clark as white?

Jonn doesn't count as black just because he's green. Superman counts as white because he's a white Kryptonian.
Yes, there were black Kryptonians.

Does Thanos count as being black because he's purple?
It's a popular color with some black people.

He looks white at all times and Clark was raised practically from birth by white Midwestern parents. Which makes him culturally white

So M'gann counts as a while woman?

Clark was raised on Earth as a white person, J'onn came to Earth as an adult

Does this count as a black person?

Of course not! It counts as a black WOMAN.

That's a drone, not a Queen, genius.

user, all xenomorphs are female

Xenomorphs are all female you stupid fuck.

Which is dumb. The League was never about diversity of powers like say the Avengers or the Legion of Super-Heroes. They had two stretchy guys for the longest time because each one was a talented individual.

>facehuggers impregnate you
>female

>user makes himself looks like a fucking idiot. Tries to divert attention away by making a very shitty argument about facehuggers.
>What are female sea horses

You are still a stupid fuck.

That's a different user, firstly.
Secondly, there's nothing canon to suggest they are all "female" Ridley Scott offhandedly said he considered the alien in the original movie a hermaphrodite.
This whole "all aliens are female" is some crap you've pulled off of fan discussions.

Might be an unpopular opinion but I say demote MMHs powers to just shapeshifting, body splitting and psychic. Maybe give him a leaner physique as well.
He needs a power demotion to separate him from Superman in the eyes of casuals and they need to put emphasis on how important those powers are to him. His New52 series was great because it was so much about J'onns psyche and how it manifested with his powers.

>Quoting non canon stuff
>Quoting an offhanded comment

My argument remains.

Because if there was no other black they'd have replaced Hal for John.

I mean why not have Cyborg and J'onn on the team

Should we "demote" Shazam to magic lightning powers too?

No, it really doesn't. You are getting in an uproar over a point that's entirely substantiated by "stuff some people said on a website".
Anything Ridley Scott suggests is 1000x more valid than message board drivel.

No, because he's not part of the O7.
Thats another thing that Cyborg has over MMH right now which is a more distinct power set. Having a team 6 varied powersets + 1 Superman+ is off putting for a lot of companies. There's a reason War Machine wasn't the token black guy in the Avengers film even though it was a team of whites, which is that he wasn't distinct enough in his power set.

>I mean why not have Cyborg and J'onn on the team
In the comic? The JL will eventually swell again to too many members, DC books always do this.
In the movies? Because they barely have the Trinity speaking to one another, Cyborg is going to be window-dressing, and he's too "Superheroey" for the Snyderverse.

There were no Token Black Guys in the Avengers movies, Falcon has yet to appear in an actual Avengers movie, same for Black Panther.

Post a good MMH design
Pro tip: You probably can but his original design certainly isn't it

I don't even think there's a Asian person, just fantasy countries (Like Wonder Woman), I mean I hate to be tumblr but it'd be nice to have blacks, asians, and so forth in there.

they can barely write the ones they have on now, adding more characters will just mean more people will just stand around

Literally the same show with a new title. I guess the Justice League cartoon has nothing to do with Justice League Unlimited...

Wonder Woman has Superman's speed and strength too though.

I guess what they could do with John would be making his strength basically psychic in nature though, like what they used to do with Superboy in the 90s. That would keep his powerset while differentiating him from Superman.

Superman and Wonder Woman share almost all their powers and they're as fast as the Flash.

There's no real distinction power-wise between the Leaguers. Stop this bullshit.

Cyborg's original design made him look like a cheap stripper.

Wonder Woman serves the important function of keeping the Justice League from appearing gayer than a San Francisco bathhouse.

Ironically, the same purpose Gadot served in Fast and Furious.

Why no Black Lightning, though, so that he can zap dem niggas?

I'd go with that, but only if the lightning were purple.

She's pretty gay herself, though.

Is Cyborg the only minority in the Justice League; human wise that is? Excluding Aquaman, and Wonder Woman

Granted a lot of people hate minorities even in todays world. Sup Forums is basically what everyone feels in the inside about minorities and blacks so it makes sense why there's only one.

Too many jive turkeys.

If you'd like to post some source or evidence to back that argument up that would be nice

Those guys back there in the background are pretty queer. I hope that Black Lightening isn't walking around with those dudes everywhere.

As long as Bruce and/or Clark appear sexually attracted to her, the aura of gayness is kept to a family-acceptable level.

Her powerset is irrelevant.

>as fast as the Flash
Are you even aware that "goes fast" is not even the tip of the iceberg for the Flash?

That's what I'm saying. By all means The Avengers film SHOULD have had a token black guy. It was Whedons SJWfest and its an international summer blockbuster which features a team of people from around the world, perfect material for having token diversity.
But they couldn't because the only black guy they had at the time was War Machine AKA Iron Man+ which isn't interesting on a diverse team of powersets.

To any kind of casual on looker MMH is the War Machine of the DCU. He's a last of his species alien with flight, superstrength and laser eyes. Thats why they need to push HARD on the psychic, shapeshifting and body splitting aspect of his powerset and the simplest way to force that is to strip out the Superman like aspects. Its what his DCYou run was great for and I hope in future they use it more.

>and they're as fast as the Flash
Grandpa what did we say about citing pre-Wally!Flash as the Flash's base powerset?

Batman is already the tech/computers/armor guy.

Having Cyborg on the JL is like having Iron Man and Ultron on the same team.

Cyborg has the benefit of being the only black hero that normies give even half a shit about.

Same as Wonder Woman, the only female DC hero in the public's consciousness aside from Superman's cousin.

This reminds me that the other day i was reading a fanfic about Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor were Superman and Batman were lovers, Steve Trevor and Hal Jordan were sex-friends in the past and that Steve were raped by big and strong aliens in a far-away world because of his shinning blond hair and ended up almost dying from infect thanks to his bleeding ass while Wonder Woman tried to protect and confort him.

I'm not even gay but i read the whole thing.

Rebirth is adding a muslim and a hispanic so not anymore.

Hey OP did you read Rebirth? Where does the big bad hang out? put the pieces together

Nigga, you gay.

>Batman is already the tech/computers/armor guy.
>Having Cyborg on the JL is like having Iron Man and Ultron on the same team.

and Johns added Lex Luthor to that

>Dr. Manhattan killed the Martians
Is that what you're saying?

I was searching something to read with Wonder Woman in it, but then Steve ended up being butt-raped and by then i had already read enough and was invested in the story.

The whole thing was pretty sweet and heart-warming despite all the rape and ass bleeding an shit.

They were driving down the property value of his glass palaces.

>Batman is the orphan
>Superman is the orphan
wow find your own gimmick geez!!!!!

Aren't Aquaman's parents dead too?

No, his mom's alive now

He's de facto an orphan

IIRC, those are other leaguers in disguise to test Black Lightning.

The ape-woman, if memory serves is wonder woman. Glowy guy is green lantern, Three Musketeers is ollie. I think.

I am still mad.
I will always be mad.
On my deathbed I will still be mad.
When the seas heat up and the world descends into global catastrophe I will still be mad.
In the afterlife, when I get to the gates of Heaven, St. Peter and his angels will ask me "Are you still mad about Martian Manhunter?" And my reply will be "Yes."
When the race of man is no more and the ruins of cities have crumbled into dust I will still be mad.
Ancient alien civilizations will find the smoldering, volcanic corpse of the Earth and decode the ancient secrets of the Internet and they will find this post and so my eternal anger will be brought forth into the far-flung reaches of outer space.
When the last tiny flash of heat in the universe dies and all fades away into entropy, my hatred will remain.

I'm still so fucking mad I took the time to write this stupid fucking post, and it still doesn't make me feel even the slightest bit LESS mad

I fucking hate you WB

That's so wrong. MMH is the only one who's thrown into the situation with a complete lack of understanding Earth. WW and Aquaman aren't sure of the new areas they see but they've dealt with plenty of others.

This is a super easy retcon.

Just establish that J'onn was there at the beginning, but he mind-wiped everyone of his involvement with the League to protect them from some undisclosed threat.

Why are you mad? If they did a Martian Manhunter, he'd just be an ugly CGI mess.

Well he had his own book and IIRC It sold pretty badly. Rebirth is just beggining, thought. We know we are getting Atom, JSA. LOSH and Shazam. Martian Manhunter may be in future plans. One can only hope.

Isn't that just Titans Hunt? J'onn was their first new recruit in the New 52 canon anyways so he still had history on the team before he fucked off

DC needs better black heroes if Cyborg is their A game.